My 109 finally came in yesterday. It looks great and the ride is quite different from my Speed Triple. It's not as easy to lean over, probably because that big ass rear tire. Not sure which I love more just yet. The Suzuki sounds great and have to say it was a little intimidating at first. I had some time to get to know her yesterday on a short ride and found out it can be a tame ride but can also be pretty angry at the same time.
This bike was previously owned by a member of this forum. He is responsible for all the amazing custom work. At this point I honest donít know what else I could do to the bike to put my own touches to the bike. I feel like Iím lucky to have won the bid on this bike...
I do however has some concerns that Iíll post in the ďhow toĒ section but Iíll just throw them out there now:
- High beams do not work at all. Lights simply turn off when i flip on the Hi beams
- there is also an easily heard hum (notice when bike is off only) when low beams are on but goes away when Hi beams are turned on, even thought the lights are not working
- rear tire may be too FAT for its own good. With two rider on the bike i hear rubbing even when not in motion. I wonder if a thinner tire would solve this problem. Maybe a 280-290. Iím sure they make that size but not 100%.
- Swing arm/shaft appears to be cut to fit the size of the tire. Is this normal?
- Looks freakiní sick...in my opinion
- sounds great...burned my boot heal yesterday on the pipe
- has LED lights placed throughout the bike that I wasnít expecting
- paint job is cool
You may have to check out the pics in my album to see them. Iím still trying to figure out how to do things on this site. I opened a photobucket account but had problems with that. Here is the link, hope it works.