TPS on my M109R

Thread: TPS on my M109R

Default TPS on my M109R

- Where is locate my TPS on my bike? (If you could show me a picture)
    - What do I need to know to ajust it?
    - Do I need special tool to do it?
    - Does somebody have a pdf or something like that where I can find all documentation for that?

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by pas1lus View Post
    - Where is locate my TPS on my bike? (If you could show me a picture)
    - What do I need to know to ajust it?
    - Do I need special tool to do it?
    - Does somebody have a pdf or something like that where I can find all documentation for that?
    First and foremost, why do you think there is a problem. Don't recall anyone ever having an issue w/ the TPS.

Here's a link to a service manual PDF
    http://www.mediafire.com/?m2zniyn4ltj

IT'S NOT ABOUT HOW FAST YOU GET THERE, IT'S ABOUT THE RIDE ITSELF. TAKE YOUR TIME AND ENJOY IT!!

Thanks for the previous reply. I think that dealer or mecanos have a dianostic module or software with cable who is plug on the ECM or somewhere, where can I get what I need?

Scuse not the ECM but the ECU (I think that you understood what I mean)

:-)

Default TPS on my bike...

I put the computer on my bike and it shows me that my TPS (Trottle Positioning Sensor) is defective. This part is sell by dealer in assembly only and it cost 1100$, do you know where I can buy only the TPS at low cost if I could or the assembly if I have no choice?

Quote Originally Posted by Sly Dog View Post
    Your statement is not making sense...

Actually the TPS and the STVAPS (Secondary Throttle Valve Actuator Position Sensor) are available for purchase seperately for $75-$100... but they do not generally go bad during normal use. The STVA (motor/gearbox assembly marked "Mikuni") is not sold seperately and only comes with the Throttle Bodies assembly.

If it is the STVA that is showing bad, then yes it has been known to break but very rare... usually there is another reason for a problem with this part on the Throttle Bodies.

What are the syptoms? ? ? Why are you having this tested? ? ? You need to be more descriptive with the problem in order for people to offer help...

Have you pulled the Fault Code yet? Here is a link to the codes on the FAQ thread http://www.m109riders.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=149368
    Here is the way to check it yourself for free, very fast and simple http://www.m109riders.com/forums/sho...t=special+tool

The most common reasons for having a problem with the STVA and its Sensor are...

1. Installation of a fuel management device - the wiring that goes to the injectors can often get hung up on the linkages of the Secondary Throttle Valves (which are inbetween the Throttle Bodies under the airbox) causing the STVA to either have trouble moving them or the STVA's gears to become damaged (very rare) causing a fault code.

2. The wiring connectors to the STVA/STVAPS and TPS can be loose/bad connection/moisture causing a fault.

3. The STVA motor (rare) or the circuit board (bad design remedied before the M109R) can be damaged.

4. The ECM can have a loose connection at its main connections or the test ports along the frame under the tank can have moisture causing an error.

5. YOU REMOVED THE STVA for some reason? ? ?

I await your response.... I have helped members remedy this problem, but only if I know what your problem is.

Sly
    SlyDog is the Expert on this!!!! I would listen to every word he says!! It will save you a lot of time and money

The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant. It's just that they know so much that isn't so. -- Ronald Reagan
    With Individual Freedom and Individual Salvation comes Individual Accountability. It brings a rewarding life to all. <--The Huff

Ok Thanks, I'm checked the code to be sure and with the results, I'll let you know before buy something

another thing, do you have a picture of where is the ECM module?

Is this a stock bike? Have you made any changes or modifications? We need to know this to help.

Yes it is a stoke bike, no mods on it

The first guy who worked on it remove the TPS and when he put it back, he installed it uncorrectly so, I had an FI code and it's after I went to the dealer. He put the Dyno on it and he found 3 things...

Bad ground
    Low voltage on a wire: It was squeeze somewhere
    And the TPS uncorrectly installed

So everything it's ok now

Thanks for your help