M109 Rider Forums banner

Devil's Highway 666 (AZ Hwy 191 Now) Ride Pic's

3K views 18 replies 17 participants last post by  Shining 
#1 · (Edited)
The wife and I took our last long ride together before I leave for Afghanastan. 800 miles round trip from Gilbert, AZ to Show Low, AZ to Douglas, AZ (Hwy 666) over to Sierra Vista, AZ and back home. Was a great ride except for the 50+ mph winds we had all day on Saturday going down Hwy 666. Yep sucked, but better than a day at work.

Thought this pic was funny; FYI weathermen suck in AZ. They don't know how to give a forcast that isn't 110 degrees "dry heat" all day. Started the ride at 38 degrees and of course we didnt bring any cold gear because the same weather man said the temps would be in the high 80's. So the wife ran into a local store and the only hat they had was this one. LOL, but I told her she looked cute! :a20:

These are of the local Copper Mine in Morenci, AZ

See less See more
#2 ·
Great pics man,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I sure miss the high country of AZ Used to live in Prescott....

#4 ·
You guys sure know how to do a last ride, those are some amazing pics! Tell your wife she would fit right in with the Flying Wild Alaska crew with that hat too. :D

Is that a copper mine in some of the pics? We have a plant in AZ and there's an old copper mine a few miles outside town that you can see for about 40 miles before you get to it coming in from Vegas. All the area around it is reddish brown from remnants of the ore.

Be safe over there too Shane.

#11 ·
Thanks everyone!

You guys sure know how to do a last ride, those are some amazing pics! Tell your wife she would fit right in with the Flying Wild Alaska crew with that hat too. :D

Is that a copper mine in some of the pics? We have a plant in AZ and there's an old copper mine a few miles outside town that you can see for about 40 miles before you get to it coming in from Vegas. All the area around it is reddish brown from remnants of the ore.

Be safe over there too Shane.
Yep, its the copper mine in Merenci, AZ. Yep, told the wife she culd work up in Alaska with that hat. She said "they don't have enough cold weather gear for her to work up there. Thats why I moved to AZ." LOL

Awesome pictures Shane. Both of your bikes look great. Stay in touch and let Mary and myself know how you are doing over there. :bigthumbsup:
I will, you'll probubly see the updates on FB. Once I get settled in over there, I'll be back up on the board. Thank goodness for the internet. LOL

I will be ready for a good ride when ya get back. Nice pics :clap2:
Hey Tony, we will have to set something up soon after I get back

#10 ·
Fun ride! Thanks for your service and God be with you. :bigthumbsup:

#12 ·
Shane, looks great bud. Stay safe & thanks for what you do for me & my family. Take care & let me know if I can do anything for you!

Sent from my super cool iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.