How man Lumens are our stock blinkers?

Thread: How man Lumens are our stock blinkers?

Default How man Lumens are our stock blinkers?

So I'm doing a DIY LED front light bar; and I'm trying to figure out how many Lumens 1 of our blinkers are?
    That way when I order my LEDs I know (give or take) the brightness.
    I've looked all over and can't find any info. Maybe I can find the Bulb product # and try to find it that way...
    ​"The soldier, above all other people, prays for peace, for he must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war." Gen Douglas MacArthur
    06 M109r - Debadged, Painted Headlight Housing, Debaffled, Debeavered, Wolo Air Horn, Under the tail LED rear Blinkers (DIY), LED Light bar front turn signals (DIY), Painted Gadson tail light (DIY), TRE, Cobra PowerPro, Spiked Air Intakes

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

It might very depending on the manufacture of the bulb, as they may use different coatings and who and how the lens is made. You need special equipment to measure these things. I'm not sure if my friends headlight machine would pick it up that great, as it looks for a hot spot. I would put as many as you can, better to be to bright and be seen vs under lite.
    Bang for the Buck Mods link CLICK HERE

yea true, i just know that yellow or orange usually aren't as bright as cool white or light blue so i was just curious if anyone knew.
    Probably tracking down a replacement bulb # would be best... i shall see. thanks
    ​"The soldier, above all other people, prays for peace, for he must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war." Gen Douglas MacArthur
    06 M109r - Debadged, Painted Headlight Housing, Debaffled, Debeavered, Wolo Air Horn, Under the tail LED rear Blinkers (DIY), LED Light bar front turn signals (DIY), Painted Gadson tail light (DIY), TRE, Cobra PowerPro, Spiked Air Intakes

Quote Originally Posted by Mil_man87 View Post
    yea true, i just know that yellow or orange usually aren't as bright as cool white or light blue so i was just curious if anyone knew.
    Probably tracking down a replacement bulb # would be best... i shall see. thanks
    I searched under 1157 or even 1156. And I did not see any LM specs on Google. And adding n/a to it will even dim them down a little more as that adds the amber coaring.
    Bang for the Buck Mods link CLICK HERE

Are there different brightness' of LEDs available?

I put LED strips under my tail to use as blinkers, they look great at night but during the day they are very hard to see. Is there a way to get brighter LEDs?
    2007 M109R Pearl White - Mods: Gutted/Debaffled Exhaust, Yana Shiki 2" Bones, TDE TRE, V-Stream Windshield, Debadged, Debeavered, Kury Rear Tails, Tach Relocated, Kury ISO Grips, Kury Transformer Throttle Boss, Baron Bullet Bar Ends, Kury Switchblade Pegs, Cyclehouse Levers, Boulevard Mirrors, Rivco Highway Pegs, Corbin Seat, Metz 240/160. ​RIP

Quote Originally Posted by LOFLYR View Post
    Are there different brightness' of LEDs available?

I put LED strips under my tail to use as blinkers, they look great at night but during the day they are very hard to see. Is there a way to get brighter LEDs?
    Look for 5050 SMD LEDs. I'm no expert but I think these are currently the brightest.