M109 Rider Forums banner

Couldn't Take It Anymore! It's Go Time!

685 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  KarateMoto 
#1 ·
I just got back from a scoot on my '07 M109 LE acquired in February. It's Red Deer, Alberta and spring has not totally sprung here yet as it is likely in other parts of the world. Nonetheless, it was melting all day, and while there is still gravel on the side roads (normal for this time of year), the main roads looked dry and gravel free for the most part. Sooooooo, while it was 4 degrees Celcius . .(39 degrees for my friends below the 49th parallel) I wanted to feel the character of this scooter, . . so I put about 10 miles on it tonight . . by then my face was numb!

I found a couple of things immediately . . 1) I gotta adjust the shifter, I can't get my toe under it naturally . .(I'd be interested in a heel toe shifter . . anyone done this before?) I had already adjusted the brake so that was ok . . .Also would like some Kury Footpegs that are a little wider for my big @ss feet.

2) It's fast, but you can ride it very tamely too . . . a real plus. Didn't go on the highway for fear of frost bite!

3) It's Rifle Time! A quick release windshield would be a plus!

4) Still undecided about the full-face / open face dilemma, but will likely buy a couple f/face helmets for the bluetooth capability. Windshield first though.

5) Haven't put the Trackday in yet . . I have it, but I want to know the machine a bit before I plug it in to be able to tell the difference.

Another two weeks and I'll be eating Hogs for an after dinner snack . . .

Peace!

See less See more
#3 ·
I just got back from a scoot on my '07 M109 LE acquired in February. It's Red Deer, Alberta and spring has not totally sprung here yet as it is likely in other parts of the world. Nonetheless, it was melting all day, and while there is still gravel on the side roads (normal for this time of year), the main roads looked dry and gravel free for the most part. Sooooooo, while it was 4 degrees Celcius . .(39 degrees for my friends below the 49th parallel) I wanted to feel the character of this scooter, . . so I put about 10 miles on it tonight . . by then my face was numb!

I found a couple of things immediately . . 1) I gotta adjust the shifter, I can't get my toe under it naturally . .(I'd be interested in a heel toe shifter . . anyone done this before?) I had already adjusted the brake so that was ok . . .Also would like some Kury Footpegs that are a little wider for my big @ss feet.

2) It's fast, but you can ride it very tamely too . . . a real plus. Didn't go on the highway for fear of frost bite!

3) It's Rifle Time! A quick release windshield would be a plus!

4) Still undecided about the full-face / open face dilemma, but will likely buy a couple f/face helmets for the bluetooth capability. Windshield first though.

5) Haven't put the Trackday in yet . . I have it, but I want to know the machine a bit before I plug it in to be able to tell the difference.

Another two weeks and I'll be eating Hogs for an after dinner snack . . .

Peace!
Grats on the ride man, little warmer here in BC (around 16C today, 60F for you south of the border). I got to go for a long ride, had to actually open the vents in my jacket.

Wont be long till you can open that beast up on the highway!

#4 ·
Chapmandoo . . . I love Vancouver Island

I've spent a ton of time on Vancouver Island and love it. I used to be a factory rep and worked with all the Sears, Brick and independent furniture stores on the island . . .from Salt Spring Island to Port Hardy . . a little store named McConnachies in Courtenay if I remember correctly . . .absentee owner and a weirdly hot daughter . . .but I digress. You've got some unreal riding out your area . . .I have been in Alberta for 7 years but born, raised and lived in Penticton with the exception of college and living in Vancouver for a couple of years . . my entire life. Miss the BC winter, summer and geography.

Anyway, we are to break double digits by Wednesday and once the ice is out of the gutter the city moves in quickly with the street cleaners. By mid-April we'll be out there regularly and much safer. Stay in touch!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.