M109 Rider Forums banner

There's no way a Harley is that fast

2K views 20 replies 19 participants last post by  Wildman7 
#1 ·
This isn't a "I hate Harley" post just something that happen to me tonight when I left work tonight. I was suppose to meet up with Tobyz but, had to work later then I thought I would so on my way out of work I end up behind a guy on a Sport Bike (to dark to see the make) and he is going 5 miles UNDER the speed limit. Now I'm all for safe riding at night but, come on this was painful and to top it off he started to slow down even more. Now I'm getting pissed because I think he's just being a d-bag but, I don't pass because I'm hoping he's turning a different direction when we come to a 4 way stop. No such luck he turns in the direction that I'm going but this time he punches it he hits it so hard he does a Wheelie and he's off to the races. Now I'm thinking "no chance he's getting away from me that jerk just stalled me out for 4 miles". I give chase now I know that I'm not going to catch the guy but, I think if I close the gap to 6 car lengths I'll be happy. I did better then that I actually caught him I was doing about a hundo to get him but, I was about 2 car lengths pacing him at about 110 and then he gunned it. I thought no way I'm going to keep up with this guy so I backed off and let him do his thing not to mention the road is now 2 lanes so I don't have to be behind him if I see him again. I see up in the distance the light is green but, I see his brake light. I'm thinking "I hope he isn't waiting for me he's going to be disappointed I don't want to race not interested in losing"

Well he's still at the light when it goes red and I pull up just behind his rear tire "I didn't want to pull up next to him" he rolls his bike back and goes "I had to see what kind of Harley this was" I'm like "huh???" He said "I heard the loud pipes and assumed some Harley was tailing me but, then you closed the gap and I thought THERE'S NO WAY A HARLEY IS THAT FAST" I laughed and said you may be right but this is a Suzuki M109 he laughed and apologized for the insult I say "no worries" he says he's never heard of a Suzuki M109, then he says when he's older and ready to slow down he'll have to look up the M109 I replied no when you are older and want to slow down then you'll be riding a Harley he laughed so hard I think he spit inside of his helmet. Never had a chance to ask what kind of bike he had but, I did peep out a BMW logo on the front faring.
We nodded and eventually went our separate ways then I thought "wait did that punk just call me old" by then it was too late he was just a blip in my mirror....because he turned north and I turned south and could barley see his tail light anymore.

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
That literally made me LOL, great story. If it looked like a typical sport bike, the only BMW like that is the s1000rr, one of if not the fasted production bikes out right now (Kawi zx10 is a good match, both right around 200 crank hp, the 2012 Ducati will supposedly top it but it hasn't been released yet)

#3 ·
LOL That was good...........:bigthumbsup:

#4 ·
A good match is my 2012 Hayabusa le and I blew away a 50cc Honda Scooter today, so that told me that my Busa is fast. Bla ha ha, me so a funny :D

#7 ·
Hey...you...I....uh...what?? HUH!! you know what I forgot what I was going to say :-\ maybe I am getting old:mad:.

Oh and Brad,

I haven't forgotten about our top secret deal I know I'm suppose to be sending you something but, seriously I have been working some major hours I hope to have that "thing" we talked about out to you later in the week.

I hope all is well with you I will need to order some more shirts for my son he's wearing the 2 you sent me so much I have to soften them up with the hose just to get them in the washer :eek: if I don't take them while he's sleeping I won't get to wash them :barf:9 year old boys they don't care how they smell. Oh and neither do old men like Grampi and Tobyz

#8 ·
Good story bro LMFAO

Don't feel bad though he MOST LIKELY had some SERIOUS mods done to his engine. I would personally put a stock M109 up against ANY Hardley off the showroom floor ANYDAY and almost ALWAYS be guarnteed a win as long as BOTH riders were experienced and weighed about the same. ONLY JMHO.

#9 ·
Get ready to hear more stories about some mysterious BMW bike
a buddy of mine at work just got a brand new 2012 BMW , 1600 cc 6 cylinders ,
fully computerized on everything ,from suspension to engine ,
traction control ,scary machine , fast.

#10 ·
Cool story,he's sounded like a nice young man, next time you see him, pull up to his right at light , and make like you want to race, then hit his kill switch,

Age with cunning, always beats youth and speed
Now if I can find my cane, I need to go to work!

#20 ·
Now that's the way I think!!! :a20:

#12 ·
Funny story, thanks for the laugh.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.