There's no way a Harley is that fast

Thread: There's no way a Harley is that fast

Default There's no way a Harley is that fast

This isn't a "I hate Harley" post just something that happen to me tonight when I left work tonight. I was suppose to meet up with Tobyz but, had to work later then I thought I would so on my way out of work I end up behind a guy on a Sport Bike (to dark to see the make) and he is going 5 miles UNDER the speed limit. Now I'm all for safe riding at night but, come on this was painful and to top it off he started to slow down even more. Now I'm getting pissed because I think he's just being a d-bag but, I don't pass because I'm hoping he's turning a different direction when we come to a 4 way stop. No such luck he turns in the direction that I'm going but this time he punches it he hits it so hard he does a Wheelie and he's off to the races. Now I'm thinking "no chance he's getting away from me that jerk just stalled me out for 4 miles". I give chase now I know that I'm not going to catch the guy but, I think if I close the gap to 6 car lengths I'll be happy. I did better then that I actually caught him I was doing about a hundo to get him but, I was about 2 car lengths pacing him at about 110 and then he gunned it. I thought no way I'm going to keep up with this guy so I backed off and let him do his thing not to mention the road is now 2 lanes so I don't have to be behind him if I see him again. I see up in the distance the light is green but, I see his brake light. I'm thinking "I hope he isn't waiting for me he's going to be disappointed I don't want to race not interested in losing"

Well he's still at the light when it goes red and I pull up just behind his rear tire "I didn't want to pull up next to him" he rolls his bike back and goes "I had to see what kind of Harley this was" I'm like "huh" He said "I heard the loud pipes and assumed some Harley was tailing me but, then you closed the gap and I thought THERE'S NO WAY A HARLEY IS THAT FAST" I laughed and said you may be right but this is a Suzuki M109 he laughed and apologized for the insult I say "no worries" he says he's never heard of a Suzuki M109, then he says when he's older and ready to slow down he'll have to look up the M109 I replied no when you are older and want to slow down then you'll be riding a Harley he laughed so hard I think he spit inside of his helmet. Never had a chance to ask what kind of bike he had but, I did peep out a BMW logo on the front faring.
    We nodded and eventually went our separate ways then I thought "wait did that punk just call me old" by then it was too late he was just a blip in my mirror....because he turned north and I turned south and could barley see his tail light anymore.

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

That literally made me LOL, great story. If it looked like a typical sport bike, the only BMW like that is the s1000rr, one of if not the fasted production bikes out right now (Kawi zx10 is a good match, both right around 200 crank hp, the 2012 Ducati will supposedly top it but it hasn't been released yet)
    Last edited by eyebmx; 03-25-2012 at 11:11 PM.

Cobra Dragsters, debadged, debeavered, 2" bones, Power Commander, Track Day ATRE w/ GI, DIY bottle fed intake, dyno tuned

LOL That was good...........
    For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.

Los Alamitos in Orange County, So. Cal "The O C"

A good match is my 2012 Hayabusa le and I blew away a 50cc Honda Scooter today, so that told me that my Busa is fast. Bla ha ha, me so a funny
    08,M109R2[250 Dunnie, PC3, stebel air horn, K&Ns, flame mirrors, debaged, gutted pipes, suzuki engine guards, piaa hyperwhite headlight, back off modulator, gipro atre, front motor mounts, debeavered, Kuryakyn Iso Grips, Factory Pro star kit, G-Man shifter bushing, Guardian Bell, Catch can mod....... more to come

Thanks old man I needed a good laugh

Thank God Jim wasn't with you heed rely think you were old. (Sorry Jim couldn't resist)

Quote Originally Posted by throwerb View Post
    Thanks old man I needed a good laugh

Hey...you...I....uh...what?? HUH!! you know what I forgot what I was going to say maybe I am getting old.

Oh and Brad,

I haven't forgotten about our top secret deal I know I'm suppose to be sending you something but, seriously I have been working some major hours I hope to have that "thing" we talked about out to you later in the week.

I hope all is well with you I will need to order some more shirts for my son he's wearing the 2 you sent me so much I have to soften them up with the hose just to get them in the washer if I don't take them while he's sleeping I won't get to wash them 9 year old boys they don't care how they smell. Oh and neither do old men like Grampi and Tobyz

Default Good story bro LMFAO

Don't feel bad though he MOST LIKELY had some SERIOUS mods done to his engine. I would personally put a stock M109 up against ANY Hardley off the showroom floor ANYDAY and almost ALWAYS be guarnteed a win as long as BOTH riders were experienced and weighed about the same. ONLY JMHO.
    "Life's is NOT a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, leaking oil with your engine smoking, shouting GERONIMO!" - Life is tough, it's tougher when you're stupid.- Speeding is ONLY a crime IF you get caught.

"The Devil Inside" TBAR = That Boy Ain't Right

Get ready to hear more stories about some mysterious BMW bike
    a buddy of mine at work just got a brand new 2012 BMW , 1600 cc 6 cylinders ,
    fully computerized on everything ,from suspension to engine ,
    traction control ,scary machine , fast.

Cool story,he's sounded like a nice young man, next time you see him, pull up to his right at light , and make like you want to race, then hit his kill switch,

Age with cunning, always beats youth and speed
    Now if I can find my cane, I need to go to work!

Good story.

Very Active Member Rider 4 Life's Avatar

Funny story, thanks for the laugh.
    2011 m109R LE, FI2000 AutoTuner, Apus custom mirrors, VStream short shield, Arlen Ness Battistini footpegs and hand grips, debeavered, Raw Design Stealth rear signal lights, Cobra TriPro Black exhaust, Custom bullet LED front signals, Jardine Quick Detach rear backrest, Low and Mean Forcewinder Intakes with screens and daggers.

Very Active Member

I don't know why wildman was puttering around with the dude....I would've passed him!

Default old

guess your forgot to put your walker mount on the back of the bike that day.. ROFL YOU OLD FART!!!!!!!!!!

Very Active Member

2014 Harley Davidson cvo road king

My guess is that it was the 1600-six cylinder. I've read nothing but great reviews on it. It will supposidly scream.
    I would definately rather have it over the Wing due to it's performance but would still be a happy camper on a Wing.

Funny story

Haha that was a great story!!

IT'S NOT ABOUT HOW FAST YOU GET THERE, IT'S ABOUT THE RIDE ITSELF. TAKE YOUR TIME AND ENJOY IT!!

Quote Originally Posted by Big-B View Post
    Haha that was a great story!!
    ]

Quote Originally Posted by ooinkk View Post
    Cool story,he's sounded like a nice young man, next time you see him, pull up to his right at light , and make like you want to race, then hit his kill switch,

Now that's the way I think!!!
    Go Big or Go Home
    '07 RED -
    Cycle House Big Air intakes, Debadged/Debeavered, PC III, Kuy grips and pegs, 50 watt driving lights, 260 Metz., sport windshield, chrome wheels, Gen III Knight Rider, Drivers Backrest, Dragon Tail Light, Derby and Side Lic Frame, +2 risers, 5" Cannon.

Quote Originally Posted by ooinkk View Post

That would be hilarious I'll have to do that with the camera running to get the reaction on their face. I'm going to do this to a friend of mine name Grampi oh wait he's a member on this forum