Just replaced clutch cable.....WOW!!!!! What a difference!!!!

Thread: Just replaced clutch cable.....WOW!!!!! What a difference!!!!

Very Active Member CanadianM109R's Avatar

Default Just replaced clutch cable.....WOW!!!!! What a difference!!!!

Hey all,

Just got back from the garage where I just installed my clutch cable that I bought last year just before MAM 2011, and had been putting it off since I thought my current one was working just fine. Well, to make a long story short, WOW!!!!! WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!!!! The clutch lever pops back much smoother and quicker than before. I can really feel the spring at the other end of the cable when I pull the lever. It is literally night and day!

I have about 16,000 miles on my old clutch cable (24,000 km) and I highly recommend changing it to anyone reading this. It makes my clutch feel new again!

Used the string trick and that worked great! Rerouted the cable using the path outside the engine mount as well (it was really wedged in there)
    Last edited by CanadianM109R; 03-25-2012 at 10:49 PM.

Grey 08 gone to heaven/ 2010 Connie- my new ride!

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianM109R View Post
    Hey all,

Just got back from the garage where I just installed my clutch cable that I bought last year just before MAM 2011, and had been putting it off since I thought my current one was working just fine. Well, to make a long story short, WOW!!!!! WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!!!! The clutch lever pops back much smoother and quicker than before. I can really feel the spring at the other end of the cable when I pull the lever. It is literally night and day!

I have about 16,000 miles on my old clutch cable (24,000 km) and I highly recommend changing it to anyone reading this. It makes my clutch feel new again!

Used the string trick and that worked great! Rerouted the cable using the path outside the engine mount as well (it was really wedged in there)

What kind of cable did you use and approximately how long did the install take?
    Live the Life you love... Love the Life you Live

Very Active Member CanadianM109R's Avatar

Just used stock cable for the replace. Took about 30-40 minutes taking my time.

Grey 08 gone to heaven/ 2010 Connie- my new ride!

I have about the same miles on mine as well and was thinking about changing it. I rode a friends brand new 9 a year ago and really noticed how smooth his cable was compared to mine. Thanks for the reminder I'm going to order a cable this week.