Qick install/remove backrest

Thread: Qick install/remove backrest

Very Active Member

Default Qick install/remove backrest

I think my wifey-poo may FINALLY ride with me and she wants me to get a backrest. I'd like one that's quick and easy to remove as it'll come off when I ride solo. Who makes a good one?

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by grampi View Post
    I think my wifey-poo may FINALLY ride with me and she wants me to get a backrest. I'd like one that's quick and easy to remove as it'll come off when I ride solo. Who makes a good one?
    The search feature!!
    Tag the World

IT'S NOT ABOUT HOW FAST YOU GET THERE, IT'S ABOUT THE RIDE ITSELF. TAKE YOUR TIME AND ENJOY IT!!

Grasshopper!

Jardine
    2011 M109R LE, Iso grips w/ throttle boss, Smoked turn signals, debadged, Jardine quick release sissy bar for the queen. Ride safe!

Very Active Member

I figured I'd have 3 or 4 suggestions by now...

Quote Originally Posted by Todds9 View Post
    Grasshopper!
    I think Grasshopper only makes driver backrests for the 9. I think he is looking for a quick release passenger sissy bar. The only one I have found that is quick release is Jardine. It's a bit pricey, but if the Queen B wants it, then price does not matter. But if it is something I want, then price does matter. Imagine that!
    2011 M109R LE, Iso grips w/ throttle boss, Smoked turn signals, debadged, Jardine quick release sissy bar for the queen. Ride safe!

Very Active Member

Have the jardine passenger backrest it is nice but pricey and it is quick release
    2009 Le with thunder tornado's, sideburner exhaust, power commander v, gi pro w atre, slipstream windshield, kuryakin grips, pegs.
    2011 kawasaki voyager

Very Active Member

I thought there was another company that made 'em to that started with a "P"....something Palalmine or Palamino or something like that....

I thought there was another company that made 'em to that started with a "P"....something Palalmine or Palamino or something like that....

With Corbin you just pull the seat and the backrest goes with it. I don't think there's a cheap one out there unless you find a deal on a used one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1332727455.662249.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	137.8 KB 
ID:	63303  

Very Active Member

Now I remember...the company was Paladin, but after doing some surfing, they don't appear to make one for the 9 anymore...guess I'll have to look at some of the others...

I figured I'd have 3 or 4 suggestions by now...
    What, you didn't like mine?

Sent from my ultra cool Lightningbolt using Slapatalk
    Tag the World

IT'S NOT ABOUT HOW FAST YOU GET THERE, IT'S ABOUT THE RIDE ITSELF. TAKE YOUR TIME AND ENJOY IT!!

Default I have a Suzuki tall backrest

IMHO ALMOST any backrest will do. Durability and price are a consideration to contaplate. Personally I like my backrest I got it on this site for $160.00 2 years ago. It has an easy/quick to install. It usually only takes me about 15 minutes from start to finish. Please be FOREWARNED. I heard of the Jardine backrest failing and breaking on the seam where its been welded. The LAST thing you want is to look in your rearview mirror and see you spouse sitting in the middle of the road. Just IHO ONLY!
    "Life's is NOT a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, leaking oil with your engine smoking, shouting GERONIMO!" - Life is tough, it's tougher when you're stupid.- Speeding is ONLY a crime IF you get caught.
    "The Devil Inside" TBAR = That Boy Ain't Right

I think that problem was corrected tbar. Big b and a lot of others have them and they hadnt had any problems.
    ]I would rather be homeless than chromeless. She's got a few shinny do-dads on her.

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by porkchops9 View Post
    I think that problem was corrected tbar. Big b and a lot of others have them and they hadnt had any problems.
    Have one as well no issues
    2009 Le with thunder tornado's, sideburner exhaust, power commander v, gi pro w atre, slipstream windshield, kuryakin grips, pegs.
    2011 kawasaki voyager

Very Active Member

I think I'm gonna go with this one:

http://www.jardineproducts.com/index...krest-kit.html

Several places have it for right around $300....