Problems with Gipro w/atre

Thread: Problems with Gipro w/atre

Default Problems with Gipro w/atre

I just got the bike out for the first ride of the season. I changed the antifreeze and installed a Gipro w/atre after removing my JSD3 (TRE). The installation was no problem and I set the program to number 4 as many on this site have suggested. I ran the bike for a bit to check for leaks in the coolant without any problems. I started and idled the bike on 3 or 4 occasions before I went for a ride. The Gipro worked no problems for a ride over to a buddy's. I went to leave and started the bike and it would not idle. It started no problem but once the rev's dropped it would stall. I started it several times and the only way I could keep it running was to keep the revs up. There were no instructions with the Gipro so I'm not sure if something was omitted when I installed it. The odd thing is it ran well over to my buddy's then would not keep an idle. Any ideas?

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Maybe old bad gas. I would refill with 93 octain and add 4 oz. of SEAFOAM.
    keitho

I used fuel stabilizer when I winterized it. Just weird that it runs well while moving, no sputters or coughs but will not idle.

What have you had apart?
    Tag the World

IT'S NOT ABOUT HOW FAST YOU GET THERE, IT'S ABOUT THE RIDE ITSELF. TAKE YOUR TIME AND ENJOY IT!!

Quote Originally Posted by keitho View Post
    Maybe old bad gas. I would refill with 93 octain and add 4 oz. of SEAFOAM.

Refill w/Hi Octane fuel 93 and add Seafoam first.
    RearviewCamera,Flamed Grips&Pegs,Polished Risers w/2in ext.
    Hard Krome Shortened Sideburner,Sumo-X Fat Forktubes, GO-Pro, JSD-3M lowered2.75debeavered,tach relocated,cables relocated grips&throttle bosses RC Polished Component Wheels, Phat front tire170/60/17Phat Rear 280 10 1/2in. rim

Check the battery and make sure it has a full charge. It can have enough to start but not to Idle. Also if you suspect the Atre, unplug it and check it. If it runs then you know.

Nothing apart except plastics to refill antifreeze. I removed old TRE and put new Gipro on the same way. I just can't figure out why it ran fine for a 10 km ride then all of a sudden won't idle. The battery was on a tender all winter and started the bike no problem first attempt. I had shut it off and started it up several times today without a hint of a weak battery.

Quote Originally Posted by Big-B View Post
    What have you had apart?

I have sent an email to heal tech asking them what the issue might be. I don't know how to shut off the ATRE without removing it as I never got instructions with my unit. I am going to unplug it tomorrow if I don't get any replies as to ow to disable the ATRE without removing it. I believe you can shut it off by pushing the button on the gear indicator but I don't know what code the indicator should show when it's off.

Quote Originally Posted by bwl60 View Post
    Check the battery and make sure it has a full charge. It can have enough to start but not to Idle. Also if you suspect the Atre, unplug it and check it. If it runs then you know.

Doesn't Healtech have Instruction that can be downloaded in their site?

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSkunk View Post
    I have sent an email to heal tech asking them what the issue might be. I don't know how to shut off the ATRE without removing it as I never got instructions with my unit. I am going to unplug it tomorrow if I don't get any replies as to ow to disable the ATRE without removing it. I believe you can shut it off by pushing the button on the gear indicator but I don't know what code the indicator should show when it's off.
    Can't remember all the codes but it is the before the 4
    2009 Le with thunder tornado's, sideburner exhaust, power commander v, gi pro w atre, slipstream windshield, kuryakin grips, pegs.
    2011 kawasaki voyager