New guy in Texas

Thread: New guy in Texas

Default New guy in Texas

Hey guys I will be getting my new to me 109 on tues of next week. Im pretty excited. I seen a 109 in 06 at a dealership and thought it was one of the best looking bike's I ever seen. I never seen one on the road and over time I forgot about the bike. I recently seen one and brought back the want to own one. I did some searching and found what i believe to be a screaming deal on an 06. Does anyone know of any issues with them that would be good for a new guy to know? Thanks in advance and hope to see some of ya on the road!

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Welcome to the forum! Where in Texas are you?

Very Active Member

my fellow Texan, great to have you here. Dont forget to sign in on the Texas forum site with your zip code. Always check it also for up and comming meets and rides. As far as 06 109's they are basically the same as the new ones give or take some upgrades in disc rotors, and some minor trans upgrades in the M's and I think the C's. Enjoy your purchase and most of all ride as much as you can....

Welcome .... Hmmm you do realize that shortly after next week you'll develop a fever for mods.

Congratulations!! You must be talking about an M109, because the C's didn't come out until 2008. Either bike is sweet though. I want to buy an
    M109, but the wife won't let me have two.
    2008 Suzuki Boulevard C109RT: HardKrome Velocity Pro Lites 2-1 Exhaust, Tank Bib, GMan TRE,Gman Bully controller, Speedo Visor, Everything Debadged, Front fender bra, 4 inch with 1 1/2inch kickback risers, Large ISO highway pegs with floorboard mounts and coming soon front, rear fender mud flap and lots of chrome accessories.

Very Active Member

Welcome to the forum
    2014 Harley Davidson cvo road king

Thanks for the welcome guys, I live in Lindale texas just outside tyler and about 20 minutes from longview. Were do I sign up for the texas forums? The mod bug is already full steam. I am a life long drag racer (cars) so everything I own has to be modded lol. I havent rode in a couple years, I sold my big bear chopper about 2yrs ago cause the wife was tired of riding an uncomfortable lumber wagon. I showed her a pic of the m109r and she fell in love with it also. Sweet right! She likes the look of a hot rod custom but wants a comfortable ride so with some tweeking to our new bike we will both be very happy im sure.

Quote Originally Posted by monsterrenegade View Post
    Thanks for the welcome guys, I live in Lindale texas just outside tyler and about 20 minutes from longview. Were do I sign up for the texas forums? The mod bug is already full steam. I am a life long drag racer (cars) so everything I own has to be modded lol. I havent rode in a couple years, I sold my big bear chopper about 2yrs ago cause the wife was tired of riding an uncomfortable lumber wagon. I showed her a pic of the m109r and she fell in love with it also. Sweet right! She likes the look of a hot rod custom but wants a comfortable ride so with some tweeking to our new bike we will both be very happy im sure.
    http://www.m109riders.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=101

Welcome! I am fairly new here also, alot of helpful people here!

Very Active Member

Go to the Forum home page and click on forum box. Drop down to the list of state chapters and click on Texas. Click on map of Texas riders and go the last page and type in greeting and your zip and 54lariat will put you on the map and you can see what members live near or far from you. If comfort for riding is wanted look into gel suzuki seats or custom Corbin seats. I too am a Drag Racer who moved to Texas 12 years ago and now farm and raise cattle but still have my toys to play with. Take care and hope to meet you someday, possibly in the Fall at the Fall meet in north or east Texas...take care Craig...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pinks 114.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	95.9 KB 
ID:	62179This is my old bike. I will post a pic of the new 9 as soon as I get her home.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tonya 006.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	104.1 KB 
ID:	62180

And

09 White LE with lots of mods to come lol !

. . . from the Great White North. Many of us here fell in love with the 9 at first sight and had to have one. Your Big Bear was also a great looking ride.
    "I used to think I was indecisive, now I'm not sure . . . "

I'm pretty new on here also...this forum is awesome. You can find tons of ideas and how-to's on here and if you're unsure just ask. Everyone on here is really helpful. Congrats on the bike!

and i know rite where u are just paid a few speeding tickets there lol
    cobra swepts, cobra fi2000r, 2"l.a. lowering bones,smoke turn signals, tinted rear tail lt, raw designs led signals,chromed rims, green leds,kuryakan flame switchblade pegs, 250 rear

Quote Originally Posted by Mrg View Post
    Welcome .... Hmmm you do realize that shortly after next week you'll develop a fever for mods.
    you may want to prepare yourself for this fever it's uncontrollable and seems to have a bad side affect your wallet will constantly go empty

Welcome to the family / support group we are modaholics
    ]

Very Active Member Rider 4 Life's Avatar

Congrats and Welcome bro.
    2011 m109R LE, FI2000 AutoTuner, Apus custom mirrors, VStream short shield, Arlen Ness Battistini footpegs and hand grips, debeavered, Raw Design Stealth rear signal lights, Cobra TriPro Black exhaust, Custom bullet LED front signals, Jardine Quick Detach rear backrest, Low and Mean Forcewinder Intakes with screens and daggers.

Your previous bike is great but your ne 109 is gonna knock your socks off Welcome to the family and congratulations on your nine
    Go Big or Go Home
    '07 RED -
    Cycle House Big Air intakes, Debadged/Debeavered, PC III, Kuy grips and pegs, 50 watt driving lights, 260 Metz., sport windshield, chrome wheels, Gen III Knight Rider, Drivers Backrest, Dragon Tail Light, Derby and Side Lic Frame, +2 risers, 5" Cannon.

and

The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his.

Welcome fellow Texan from Iraq!
    "The spread of evil is the symptom of a vacuum. Whenever evil wins, it is only by default: by the moral failure of those who evade the fact that there can be no compromise on basic principles."

Welcome go the family. You will enjoy the ride!
    ISO Grips, Breakaway Cruise control, PC-V, K&N Filters, Skythe Mirrors, Gipro ATRE, Cobra Swept exhaust, Sumo-X Side mount, D2Moto tail light with turn signals, Arnott Air Ride.
    Looking to win lottery for more mods.

BIENVENIDOS
    An Evolution...

to the forum. enjoy that beast. ride safe my friend

WHERE INTEGRITY BREEDS QUALITY

Thanks again guys for the welcome. This weekend is going so slow, tuesday seems like so far away! lol

I just realized i put this in the c109 area. Sorry guys. maybe a mod can move it to m109 or leave it. lol

Welcome to the forum and enjoy the M. My brother owns a M and really loves riding it. It is a fantastic bike and a great beast.