Dual air intake System for the Suzuki M109 special price! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dual air intake System for the Suzuki M109 special price!

I hear you guys, both good points. Ride safe.
    LM

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member xtreme_m109R's Avatar

Default Filters

I have the forcewinder intakes on my bike and love them. Had them for about two years. they are great intakes. Symetrical is no. the right it further up then left. They mount with suzuki crash bars. Pic of my bike show that!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MEMORY 1 022.jpg 
Views:	253 
Size:	84.8 KB 
ID:	59055  

Can u post a pic of the other side and one from the front I want to buy but not sure if I can live with them not being symmetrical thanks
    06 custom,lots of chrome....160/280....custom paint....built by lostrider

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by scotty109 View Post
    good install video, you have just shown everyone how to fit the china crap ones now .

your right about them pointing crooked....................well mabe . or mabe i installed the rod part differant to what it was supposed to be ,who knows they give no instructions.

this is with the spacer provided with kit.

This is with the spacer in between the rod and motor taken out .....looks straight to me,its just a matter of stuffing around with them .
    I just ordered a set for $132 shipped from NY cant wait to start the install. Great tip by the way on the spacer between the motor and playing around with the fitment. They look straight and head on.

Very Active Member

Any ideas on how much CFM these (China) filters flow? They are not K&N, correct? It sure looks restricted with the chrome cover shown. Just curious as I would think it a major bummer to loose HP over stock K&N filters with an opened up (Ducks) cover.
    '07 M109R Bagger. Corbin Seats, Bags and Fairing, Engine Guards/Pegs, Custom Paint, Chrome Stockers, Big Air Intakes, Drilled Stock Exhaust, TFI Programmer, HIDs, 3"Risers, Stebel, Yada, Yada, Yada!!!

The ducks intake will for sure pull more air in , However anything aftermarket will pull more in.

Very Active Member freestylejski's Avatar

who makes our beloved bike?
    well with that said I would rather buy
    the parts from US
    when possable.
    easy to deal with US people,and shipping is much faster
    Let's Ride!!!!

Very Active Member BlessThisNine's Avatar

Lets face it i get keeping money in the U.S but we also need to be competitive. Theres no way those intakes fully loaded with all the options cost any where near 800 bucks. I dont think the cost more than a 1-150 to make. The reason you low and mean charge so much is because you can. Because all the other big air kits just as much. Its because its going on a motorcycle is the reason its so expensive. I bought the china air cleaners and they seem awesome. I also recently bought the busa mod from you guys and spent $660 bucks so even though i dont agree with typical american price gouging i still am a customer unfortunatley. low your prices in half and you will see **** loads more. Promise!!

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk

Stressed?? Have a seat on my office.

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by staszek10 View Post
    The ducks intake will for sure pull more air in , However anything aftermarket will pull more in.
    The Ducks will for sure pull more air in than what? Stock, or these? I realize they'll pull more air in than stock. But I'm wondering if any testing has been done with these specifically. I have never seen anyone post before and after, and as I stated, the cover seems very restrictive, IMHO.
    '07 M109R Bagger. Corbin Seats, Bags and Fairing, Engine Guards/Pegs, Custom Paint, Chrome Stockers, Big Air Intakes, Drilled Stock Exhaust, TFI Programmer, HIDs, 3"Risers, Stebel, Yada, Yada, Yada!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MATT'sADDICTION View Post
    The Ducks will for sure pull more air in than what? Stock, or these? I realize they'll pull more air in than stock. But I'm wondering if any testing has been done with these specifically. I have never seen anyone post before and after, and as I stated, the cover seems very restrictive, IMHO.
    Nothing against a Ducks cover mod but, they are all not created equal.

Some of the designs are quite open and will surely add to airflow. But I have seen some of them with very little open area (design dependent) that might actually flow less air that the OEM intake hole. That's not to say you can't leave the OEM hole open with a Duck's modded cover if it has little open area but you'll be pulling the hot air from between the cylinders which doesn't help much (even though it's probably not quite as bad as some would think).

Very Active Member Rider 4 Life's Avatar

I like your product a lot better than the cheap knockoff version, besides they don't look exactly alike anyway. I believe in quality and will pay more for it every time. I noticed on the website, there is a billet filter option. How do the billet filters look?

Quote Originally Posted by Low and Mean View Post
    Hey guys, Sorry we did not keep up with the questions. This is not a CHINA air filter kit, this is made in the USA. The China kit is a copy of this original Dual air filter system with cheap spike air filters. However the price of $150 is very attractive and it's your choice on how you want to spend your hard earned money.
    We are not sure on the crash bars, we can say the exhaust side air intake is further forward compared to the "shift" side of the M109. The normal K&N air filter on the exhaust side might work with the crash bars, but this will need to be looked over with comparison pictures to your crash bars.
    Here's a install video of this product. Thank you for your support and comments.

And here's a link to the product page http://lowandmean.com/index.php?page...mart&Itemid=60
    LM
    Last edited by Rider 4 Life; 03-31-2012 at 11:33 AM.
    2011 m109R LE, FI2000 AutoTuner, Apus custom mirrors, VStream short shield, Arlen Ness Battistini footpegs and hand grips, debeavered, Raw Design Stealth rear signal lights, Cobra TriPro Black exhaust, Custom bullet LED front signals, Jardine Quick Detach rear backrest, Low and Mean Forcewinder Intakes with screens and daggers.

Quote Originally Posted by My1st109 View Post
    That is the real issue...help support working folks in the USA or buy China. But don't bitch when Americans are closing their shops because they just can't compete with the crap coming from overseas.

And the American companies that do hire labor overseas who are they really hurting? You because the money is going overseas and not into the American banks or American hands to reinvest in the USA market place.

As the old saying goes...You can buy cheap but you get what you pay for. Have an issue with an overseas company and try and get it fixed and they will forget about you.

Just saying...............

Im all for buying American but at what cost does it end Low and mean your going to sit there and tell us $500 is the best price you can do on an item such as this ?? It is highway robbery , there is NO WAY it costs you anywhere near that amount to make these, I dont want the china model either but I wont allow an American company to rake me over the coals simply because they are waving an American flag !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rider 4 Life View Post
    I like your product a lot better than the cheap knockoff version, besides they don't look exactly alike anyway. I believe in quality and will pay more for it every time. Does this come in black also?
    Im all for buying American but at what cost does it end Low and mean your going to sit there and tell us $500 is the best price you can do on an item such as this ?? It is highway robbery , there is NO WAY it costs you anywhere near that amount to make these, I dont want the china model either but I wont allow an American company to rake me over the coals simply because they are waving an American flag !!!!
    Last edited by scea0512; 04-01-2012 at 09:55 PM.

Lets try and get a group buy then, I do like those a lot better than all the others, especially with the screen and dagger tips.
    Quote Originally Posted by scea0512 View Post
    2011 m109R LE, FI2000 AutoTuner, Apus custom mirrors, VStream short shield, Arlen Ness Battistini footpegs and hand grips, debeavered, Raw Design Stealth rear signal lights, Cobra TriPro Black exhaust, Custom bullet LED front signals, Jardine Quick Detach rear backrest, Low and Mean Forcewinder Intakes with screens and daggers.

I just got done installing the china version which was sold be a reseller in texas none the less. These are very good guality. There heavy and sturdy. They were at first a pain in the ass to install but once i understood how they went on you can put these on in about ten minutes per side. I have been told by another member that these made a huge difference in power. Yes they are offset but theres no way atound that. The low and mean ones would be to. And other that the spike all the hardware looks identical. Once i ride the bike ill know but as of right now i like this look better than low and means. and if i wanted low and means look i could buy these ditch the spike go to autozone and buy a fancy air cleaner and adapt it on the put a fancy sock on it. Just saying. Im glad i saved oh 650 bucks.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1333208712990.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	30.2 KB 
ID:	63610  

What kind of deal can we get on a group buy?

Quote Originally Posted by Low and Mean View Post
    I hear you guys, both good points. Ride safe.
    LM

Lets face it if we were all concerned about buying american we would all be riding harleys!!! And the m109 is pretty damn good quality and its japanease.

If I end up going the spike intake route I will just buy the kit off Ebay and then slip on a few K&N filters myself... probably for all under $200 shipped to my door.

If the L&M kit was say 2x the price of the Ebay kits at say $299- I would probably (honestly) buy it from them... but $150 vs $500?!

I agree with BlessThisNine completely... drop the price and sell 5x as many...

EDIT - I just checked and there are a few of the "China" kits going for $132.50 with free shipping... lol
    Last edited by Schmoof; 03-31-2012 at 08:55 PM.

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by Schmoof View Post
    If I end up going the spike intake route I will just buy the kit off Ebay and then slip on a few K&N filters myself... probably for all under $200 shipped to my door.

If the L&M kit was say 2x the price of the Ebay kits at say $299- I would probably (honestly) buy it from them... but $150 vs $500?!

I agree with BlessThisNine completely... drop the price and sell 5x as many...

EDIT - I just checked and there are a few of the "China" kits going for $132.50 with free shipping... lol
    Having imported from the Far East, including China, and also having owned and operated a custom cabinet shop, I can tell you Low and Mean will never be able to match that price unless they have it manufactured over there. I would bet that the $499 is a very small margin. Much less than what some here have alleged. It is extremely expensive to manufacture here in the US. There are a number of factors involved, but primarily it comes down to labor. And that isn't just the labor of the final assembly, its the labor that starts at the mining and refining of the oar to create the raw materials. As a custom woodworker several years ago, some clients and potential clients would show me pictures of something that was at Pottery Barn, for example. They would want to know how much it would cost me to make something similar or slightly customized. Many were shocked when an imported item would sell for $1,000 and I would quote them $6500 for a similar piece. Of course mine was superior, but not that much. Until the economy took a plunge, many would pay it. But not anymore.

Just wanted to shed some light on this a little. Rainey's pipe is another example. The labor in Taiwan is not like China. It is almost as much as here. But, with Rainey's it is all handmade compared to the other people that are half as much. He just can't compete at near the same price. In his case, do you get what you pay for? I felt so, and so have many others, but it's not for everyone, just like this intake. Those that choose the Chinese version are getting a very good product, at a great price. The problem is that we keep sending our money overseas and it doesn't come back very soon, if at all. America necessarily needs to create a product that the world needs, so we can start bringing the money home. There are many options, including staples, like grains and oil. But unfortunately the EPA and their friends do not want to drill or mine anymore, even though the same people want their heated homes and cars. But, I digress.

MT
    Last edited by MATT'sADDICTION; 04-01-2012 at 04:25 AM.

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by SVZuki View Post
    That is not true and I work for a Japanese company. Don't think for one second that China, Japan and Korea give 2 Sh1ts about a patent, trade mark or copyright. As long as they can cheapen the process from the original and mark the part down for half the price, they will continue to make money hand over fist.
    I don't blame Asian countries for being scumbags to make the mighty dollar, that's just their way. I do however blame our government for not changing our tax laws and putting high tariffs on businesses that have their goods produced overseas. Make their taxes so high on imported goods that it becomes cheaper for companies to produce their goods here at home by WELL PAID LEGAL AMERICAN CITIZENS....problem solved....

L&M is just a re-seller... the only thing they are producing are the covers and screens to bling out the kit.

Force Motor Products doesn't say anything on their website about it being made in the US or anything about production.

They charge even more than L&M (which makes sense if they have re-sellers) and what we are paying the big $$$ for is the "Dominator Intake Casings"

"Comes with DUAL Dominator intake castings.. two KN air intakes and two genuine Outwears rain socks." http://bit.ly/H5ZvIW

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	M-109BK.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	44.2 KB 
ID:	63723

I also just emailed Force Motor Products (tech@useforce.com) and asked if their kit is manufactured in the USA.

What size is the intake on the china one? Dont like the spike look and just wondering what other k&n options will work?

Quote Originally Posted by Bognos View Post
    What size is the intake on the china one? Dont like the spike look and just wondering what other k&n options will work?
    http://www.m109riders.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=148008

Holy crap! Thanks!

I also just emailed Force Motor Products (tech@useforce.com) and asked if their kit is manufactured in the USA.
    RESPONSE - Yes all parts are made in the USA and assembled by our employees here in Arizona. Thanks!

Very Active Member

RESPONSE - Yes all parts are made in the USA and assembled by our employees here in Arizona. Thanks!
    Well, there you go. It costs lots of money to make things here. And when we can afford it, all things being equal other than price, it SOMETIMES makes sense to support the American manufacturer. If all things are not equal, (meaning the product is superior) and you can afford it, you should purchase American (or from the POV for our Canadian or Aussi brothers, should purchase Canadian or Australian) Nationalism is important for the economic success of any country.

I love all the responses about how to fix the nation's economy by simply taxing the imports. Do you realize what would happen if all imports suddenly cost 100%-200% more? The obvious answer is, "Well, then the American made stuff could compete. Isn't that what we want?" Think of the uproar America is in over the gas prices. What do you think would happen if virtually everything we consume does the same thing because of tariffs? IS ANARCHY a familiar word in your vocabulary? It's just not a simple fix. The reality is we live and consume in a world economy. And because of this, the balance of how to exert governmental control, is precarious, at best. We just need to be conscientious of our purchasing options, but most could care less or more than whatever they can get the most for from each dollar--thus the success of WalMart.

MT

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by grampi View Post
    I don't blame Asian countries for being scumbags to make the mighty dollar, that's just their way. I do however blame our government for not changing our tax laws and putting high tariffs on businesses that have their goods produced overseas. Make their taxes so high on imported goods that it becomes cheaper for companies to produce their goods here at home by WELL PAID LEGAL AMERICAN CITIZENS....problem solved....
    Hmm, it is not the tax laws that screw you Americans, it is the cost of living and that is where these "Asian scumbags" beat you out. When you pay some dude 45$ an hr to run a front end loader for the ore and the pay is like that across the board you have enormous prices at the retail end. In these third world countries where they have limited labor laws they pay their employes 25c an hour. People say that is robbery BUT they are happy to make it because the cost of living in their world is soo low.

As a Canadian we go through the same things, so I feel your pain. Do I want to keep my money in my country? Of course I do but I need to look out for my family first and if that means that I get the better deal from someone else, that is what I will do. I know you arent going to come and pay my bills.

One thing that does make me laugh, sorry if it is off topic, is when HD riders here say buy American ... DUDE, you live in Canada, your freakin bike is an import too!

In the end, we only have ourselves and our society to blame for our enormous prices ... remember, there was a time in our countries where your father could be the manager at a grocery store and he could provide a good living for his family, now if you do not have dual incomes you are on food stamps.

L&M is just a re-seller... the only thing they are producing are the covers and screens to bling out the kit.

Force Motor Products doesn't say anything on their website about it being made in the US or anything about production.

They charge even more than L&M (which makes sense if they have re-sellers) and what we are paying the big $$$ for is the "Dominator Intake Casings"

"Comes with DUAL Dominator intake castings.. two KN air intakes and two genuine Outwears rain socks." http://bit.ly/H5ZvIW

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	M-109BK.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	44.2 KB 
ID:	63723

Nice but still too pricey.

The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his.

Heres a great idea, how about we adjust the whole market by blowing up congress, getting idiots out of office, stop wars we dont need to be in, and get our debt gone so we can a economy that us greedy americans could survive in so the prices can come down? What about that?

Quote Originally Posted by Sayonara View Post
    Heres a great idea, how about we adjust the whole market by blowing up congress, getting idiots out of office, stop wars we dont need to be in, and get our debt gone so we can a economy that us greedy americans could survive in so the prices can come down? What about that?
    Lol i think most of us are surviving just fine. After all we are on a motorcycle forum debating about the cost for aftermarket intakes for our pointless motorcycles. If we were hurting bad enough we wouldnt own 9s. Just saying