M109 Rider Forums banner

Dyno Results and Mods "Dedicated Thread"

147K views 241 replies 73 participants last post by  Erwin K 
#1 ·
Hey all. I was thinking it would be nice to have a thread dedicated to dyno results, the mods, and if known-- the before and after results.

There seems to be some random posts with individual results, discussion and complements, but I can't find a thread that is dedicated solely to dyno results and added mods to achieve the gains.

If there is a thread like this maybe someone can find it and revive it. It would be nice to have one place to look and post as we get our machines tuned.

Realizing that the thread will be mostly just "interesting." vs. technically "helpful." It will still be cool to have a list of all the amazing power runs. Also, I think there are a number of enthusiasts out there that have done additional deep mods like porting and polishing, cams, NO2, turbos, etc. Those would be entertaining to see, too. C109 and M90 riders jump in and post, as well.

So, post away! Add pics of the dyno sheets, if possible, regardless, please cut and paste the following with your info if applicable:

HP/Torque:

Year:

Mods:

Fuel management and settings:

Before and after differences:

Location of shop and prices to tune:

1/4 mile times:

Additional comments, suggestions, and observations of your experience at the dyno:

Please add any other suggestions to make this an informative thread. I would start with my results, but haven't done it, yet. So, I'm looking forward to all the posts to get me motivated.

Thanks!
:bigthumbsup:
MT

See less See more
Reactions: Peterpitbull74FCMC
#114 · (Edited)
mods

I have done quite a bit. Power commander, but the most impressive is the custom air intake my good friend Tony from southwest cycles in south Florida had done on the bike. I have Vance and hines pipes that were cut down with monster baffles a
s far as performance goes. Braded steel brake and clutch lines to
name a few upgrades.

#115 ·
Got rid of the Cobra and went back to the PCIII

Friendly Yamaha here in BR has a Brand new state of the art Dyno. I put my bike on it right before Xmas. Now keep in mine Im running RC comp 10" and a 280 metz (alot more weight than stock). It ran 110hp and 108 tq. Recently I put a PCIII back on it and had a tune done by them. This bike is Strong!!!!!!

#117 ·
In the old days you could fool the dyno's by flashing the rpms to the moon and hit the water hard. It would give a momentary spike in the power. Then after you played with the air temp, humidity, etc. you could come up with a big correction factor and instant 50 hp over what was real. SAE came out with a standard test procedure that calls for a set series of steps and a set standard for figuring corrections. It is a much more cheat proof std and usually shows a smaller number. Lots of shops will still use STD over SAE to pump up business.
Bob

#119 ·
MOST OF THE DYNO SHEETS HERE ARE UNCORRECTED!!!!

TOP RIGHT HAND CORNER SHOULD READ "SAE SMOOTHING 5"

#120 ·
TTS ROTREX SUPERCHARGER CONVERSION

Just started the final stages on our conversion. Will be back on it when I get a new clutch in it on Monday. But its looking promising. Although its a rudimentry map, it got us to the redline. The drive belt had bedded in and was a little slack so there will be more boost when I run it again. We pulled 10psi on this run but I would expect to see 14psi when I run again. For the street I will limit it to around 9psi. For the strip I think we could see 240 whp and 180ft.lb torque.

Attachments

#121 ·
HP/Torque: 107.6 WHP / 96.4 WTQ

Year: 2011

Mods:
Bone Stock

Fuel management and settings:
N/A

Before and after differences:
N/A

Location of shop and prices to tune:
MCE Racing @ ThunderHill (Willows, CA) $40 for Three Runs

1/4 mile times:
N/A

Video Here

California emissions causes the Air/Fuel to be crazy. A Fi2000 Should be taking care of that soon.

#159 ·
HP/Torque: 133hp/112 torque :a18:

Year:

Mods: Custom Exhaust, K&N High Flow Air Filters

Fuel management and settings: Fast Card, 16-32-54

Location of shop and prices to tune: Cycle Connections, Gaithersburg, MD
View attachment 74012
do you have a supertrapp muffler? That's what I'm saving up for. If so, how many discs do you have installed?

#128 ·
I got a 07 everything still stock 25000 miles on it
Your question would be better served by starting a new thread in this "Shop Talk" forum. As this "Dyno Results" thread is a "sticky," which means it will always be at the top of the threads, and is primarily for the purpose of sharing members' dyno results, with their specific mods, you have asked a question instead of posting your dyno results, or commenting and/or posing a question about member's specific post.

By the Way, welcome to the Board!;)

There is a ton of information here and using the search feature will provide hours of relevant material to digest. Many members have found using Google and adding M109riders to your search will do a better job of finding the threads that you're after than our internal search engine.

Good luck and ride safe.

MATT

#126 · (Edited)
Mines a 2012 model with 2300km on it when it was tuned a couple of weeks ago. It runs a Revo Cannon 5" exhaust with LA Choppers xXx air cleaners and a power commander 5 with a dual map custom tune. It pulled 126.5hp and 120nm at the wheels. Biiiig improvement down low too. It pulls like a freight train now!!!! The dyno readout here is corrected too. Very happy with the results.
Rectangle Slope Line Font Parallel
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

Attachments

#127 ·
Mines a 2012 model with 2300km on it when it was tuned a couple of weeks ago. It runs a Revo Cannon 5" exhaust with LA Choppers xXx air cleaners and a power commander 5 with a dual map custom tune. It pulled 126.5hp and 120nm at the wheels. Biiiig improvement down low too. It pulls like a freight train now!!!! The dyno readout here is corrected too. Very happy with the results.
View attachment 77295 View attachment 77296
Very impressive Numbers. Thanks for the post and explaining your setup. I love my Cannon, too. 8)

#135 ·
HI Guys,

I bought my bike second hand and the bike has been back firing like crazy. The summer is around the corner and i would like to fix this problem.

Year: 2008

Mods: Cobra Exhaust, K&N High Flow Air Filters, PC3

Does anyone have a map they can share with me so i can try it.

Thank you,
These will get you close but you should really just schedule some
dyno time for a custom map.

http://www.powercommander.com/power...M109R / C109R&year=2008&mk=21&mdl=187&yr=2008

#136 ·
Myrtle Beach Bike Week 2013

Horst Power Performance is setup at SBB 4 Corners with their Dyno, here are my results:

Horse Power : 117 max
Torque: 111

Mods
Holly intakes with K&N filters
Cobra Speedster Longs
Cobra Fi2000R Fuel Controller (3 pots version) - settings were 2-3-2, running lean at 1/4 throttle

I'm happy with the results, not sure if I'm going to make any adjustments

#140 · (Edited)
I thought Torque and HP always crossed at 5252 (by definition.)

They are equal at 5252 anytime, by definition. It is a units conversion, in converting work (lbft) per unit of time (rpm), which is power(in terms of hp)
Calculating Braking Torque:
Full-load motor torque is calculated to determine the required braking torque of a motor.
To Determine braking torque of a motor, apply this formula:
T = 5252 x HP
rpm

http://www.carcraft.com/techarticles/horsepower_vs_torque/

Because torque and rpm are divided by 5252, torque and horsepower are always equal at 5252 rpm. If you solve the equation at 5252 rpm, the rpm value cancels out, leaving horsepower equal to torque. If you plot torque and horsepower curves on a graph, the lines will always cross at 5250 rpm (rounded off). If they don't, the curve is undoubtedly bogus.

#143 ·
Hi Guys,

I'm the new kid "Herk" on the block here at M109Riders.com but not new to riding of over forty five years. I will be doing a dyno & custom map setting this Friday, November 15 on my M109R @ Sabin Performance in Dallas Texas.

Even with the items listed below on the bike and running it on the stock/factory map settings the bike ran perfect with no hesitation or backfiring. I did notice it had considerately more torque in the 3rd, 4th & 5th gears while cruising at slower speeds after installing the Forcewinder intakes. The shop that is going to do the PCV FI set-up is also going to save the original factory map setting so I can transfer them to the PCV computer software to reuse during the winter months should I want to re-install the stock intakes back on the bike due to wet/winter seasonal weather riding. I've recently tore down the bike to perform a series of basic maintenance checks and replacement of certain items like the spark plugs, throttle body, air box and inlet tube cleaning, electrical connection inspection and contact grease, etc.... Of course (all) fluids have been changed (except fork oil) including some new tires.

Suzuki 2007 M109R
Current Miles: 5400
Exhaust System: Pro Roadburner Pro 3" Drag Pipes (long)
Intake System: Forcewinder Billet Cones
FI: Powercommander V
FI: ATRE

I will post the dyno results of the new PCV mapping soon after the appointment. Sabin Performance with over thirty five years of experience will map each cylinder and to the individual gear/speed ratios hopefully in three pulls. I'm excited to do this regardless of the results, the bike is absolutely amazing as it is.

#145 ·
Hi welcome to the forum. It's a great place to get information.

One thing that I haven't been able to find is a map to match my bike.

Would you be able to send me the file once you get it done? My bike backfires a lot and the smell of gas in my garage when I park at night is terrible.

Send me a message.

Thank you

Hi Guys,

I'm the new kid "Herk" on the block here at M109Riders.com but not new to riding of over forty five years. I will be doing a dyno & custom map setting this Friday, November 15 on my M109R @ Sabin Performance in Dallas Texas.

Even with the items listed below on the bike and running it on the stock/factory map settings the bike ran perfect with no hesitation or backfiring. I did notice it had considerately more torque in the 3rd, 4th & 5th gears while cruising at slower speeds after installing the Forcewinder intakes. The shop that is going to do the PCV FI set-up is also going to save the original factory map setting so I can transfer them to the PCV computer software to reuse during the winter months should I want to re-install the stock intakes back on the bike due to wet/winter seasonal weather riding. I've recently tore down the bike to perform a series of basic maintenance checks and replacement of certain items like the spark plugs, throttle body, air box and inlet tube cleaning, electrical connection inspection and contact grease, etc.... Of course (all) fluids have been changed (except fork oil) including some new tires.

Suzuki 2007 M109R

I will post the dyno results of the new PCV mapping soon after the appointment. Sabin Performance with over thirty five years of experience will map each cylinder and to the individual gear/speed ratios hopefully in three pulls. I'm excited to do this regardless of the results, the bike is absolutely amazing as it is.

#146 · (Edited)
Suzuki 2007 M109R

The bike was dyno tested with a 260 rear tire on a STD system at Sabin Performance in Dallas. We know the air/fuel mixture was running rich (off the chart over 18.00 at low end. Our goal was to get the air/fuel to approximately 13.5 across the RPM range after 3500 for smoother performance and better fuel economy at cruising 3500 (mid range) RPM. The results were a respectable 112.41 HP / 111.01 Torque.

Rectangle Slope Font Plot Parallel

We performed quite a few runs/pulls, the chart above shows the end results of mapping out both cylinders.

#147 ·
Suzuki 2007 M109R

The bike was dyno tested with a 260 rear tire on a STD system at Sabin Performance in Dallas. We know the air/fuel mixture was running rich (off the chart over 18.00 at low end. Our goal was to get the air/fuel to approximately 13.5 across the RPM range after 3500 for smoother performance and better fuel economy at cruising 3500 (mid range) RPM. The results were a respectable 112.41 HP / 111.01 Torque.

View attachment 114033
We performed quite a few runs/pulls, the chart above shows the end results of mapping out both cylinders.
Nice, Thanks for posting up the numbers with your mods. Your Air Fuel mixture when it was at 18 was off the chart, but not rich, LEAN. Even dangerously so. The A/F mixture is parts air to fuel. The higher the number, the greater the oxygen mixture ratio to fuel, thus more lean. 14.7:1 is supposed to be the ideal stoichiometric air fuel ratio. But, there are many factors that can affect the power production, and therefore often the most HP isn't exactly 14.7:1. That is why a dyno is necessary to dial in the maximum HP. Otherwise, one could theoretically just dial in the 14.7:1 ratio and be done. It has been shown here on this forum and in this thread, that the Cobra PowerPro when put on a dyno, the AF was consistently a little lean. What that may reflect (due to the fact that the PP is supposedly tuning based on crank speed) that that particular 109, in that particular climate, elevation, temperature, etc, was making more power running leaner than the so called "perfect" 14.7:1 AF ratio.

#149 ·
Did my first dyno run today.

2011 - Cannon 6", Ducks, Fi2000

rwhp - 123
rwtq - 117

The graph was all over the place for A/F, it looked like a roller coaster. At 2981 rpm my CO jumped to 8.4, at 3454 it was 10.2, at 4453 it plummeted to 2.4, at 4935 it was 2.0 and then immediately jumped to 8.5 at 5437. Every time it went fat the HP dropped like a stone. The decel backfires were pretty impressive too, they shot flames out of the exhaust a good 7-8 inches. I actually caught two of them on video :)

The dyno guys were very surprised with outcome of the run, and not in a good way. I do have a Power Commander 5 that I might hook up and run on the dyno again, maybe next weekend.

#151 ·
Sorry I should have been more complete with my details. I have the PowrPro Fi2000.

I'll try to put up some video today, and hopefully next week (or the weekend after) I can get a run with a Power Commander 5 with a custom map.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.