M109 Rider Forums banner

Dyno Results and Mods "Dedicated Thread"

148K views 241 replies 73 participants last post by  Erwin K 
#1 ·
Hey all. I was thinking it would be nice to have a thread dedicated to dyno results, the mods, and if known-- the before and after results.

There seems to be some random posts with individual results, discussion and complements, but I can't find a thread that is dedicated solely to dyno results and added mods to achieve the gains.

If there is a thread like this maybe someone can find it and revive it. It would be nice to have one place to look and post as we get our machines tuned.

Realizing that the thread will be mostly just "interesting." vs. technically "helpful." It will still be cool to have a list of all the amazing power runs. Also, I think there are a number of enthusiasts out there that have done additional deep mods like porting and polishing, cams, NO2, turbos, etc. Those would be entertaining to see, too. C109 and M90 riders jump in and post, as well.

So, post away! Add pics of the dyno sheets, if possible, regardless, please cut and paste the following with your info if applicable:

HP/Torque:

Year:

Mods:

Fuel management and settings:

Before and after differences:

Location of shop and prices to tune:

1/4 mile times:

Additional comments, suggestions, and observations of your experience at the dyno:

Please add any other suggestions to make this an informative thread. I would start with my results, but haven't done it, yet. So, I'm looking forward to all the posts to get me motivated.

Thanks!
:bigthumbsup:
MT

See less See more
Reactions: Peterpitbull74FCMC
#80 ·
Yikes!!!!

That should convert to some pretty serious butt dyno excitemnt. Have fun at the track. Can't wait to hear the results.

MT

PS What were the numbers off the bottle?

#82 · (Edited)
Decided to go with the EFM clutch. Bike is going to be down for a bit. Ordered all the new clutch discs and washers from Onedia today. Will install them and shim the springs till I can afford the slipper.

#87 ·
I finally got my Dyno back. We removed the air box so the wet NOS jets could fit into the throttle box. Just removing the air box and replacing with KN filters added 5 HP. Without NOS it Dynoed 117HP and 104 Torque.

This dyno is with a wet 40 shot. The Dyno shows a kick when the NOS is hit, lowers down and then increases. I'm not sure if that is normal or not:dontknow:

#89 ·
Hey Topher
How ya like the ride now Bro? Ain't it a hoot to hit the bottle. I'm gonna have to refill mine before I go to the track just from having fun on the hwy. Congrats.
If you have the readout of the fuel curve that might help a bit.
Bob

#92 ·
Dyno Shootout FI2000 vs. PowerPro

This is a copy of another thread. It's being posted here as well for preservation purposes.

To start with, I was not unhappy with the FI2000 that was on the bike. It made good HP/TQ numbers and the AFR was acceptable. But, I did pay to have it dyno tuned, most don't. The settings ended up at 2 - 2.5 - 0. My goal was to compare a dyno tuned FI2000 to the PowerPro on the dyno to see any differences between them.

My goal was to get a baseline dyno number on the FI2000 and then switch it out and dyno the PowerPro the same day within just a short time span between. That proved to be a mistake since the PowerPro didn't care for the dyno at first. It needed to be ridden for a bit to adjust to the bike. Running it on the dyno did not allow it to adjust itself properly. It did all sorts of weird things after about 4500 RPM. So, I abandoned that idea and rode it for awhile before I put it back on.

When I did get it back on, it performed very well. The chart below is the comparison between the dyno tuned FI2000 (from Jan 2011 - .003) and the PowerPro (Nov 2011 - .015). The HP/TQ numbers/curves are virtually identical. Don't pay attention to the lower HP number on the PowerPro. He just didn't rap the motor out as high so the HP number is a few down. The HP was following the old curve so I do not expect that there would be any diff in the numbers at 6700 RPM which is where he cut it off on the prior run.

The PowerPro did produce slightly more torque (122 versus 121) but I'm going to call that a statistical wash.

The real diff between the controllers came in the AFR numbers. The ProwerPro ran slightly leaner than the FI2000. This is pretty predicable since it's not using AFR as a reference, only crankshaft acceleration. This would coincide with the reports of slightly better gas mileage with the PowerPro versus other controllers.

What can I conclude from this? The PowerPro makes as good HP/TQ as a dyno-tuned FI2000. I think it wrung just as much out of the engine as one can given the other mods (intake-pipe) present. Overall, I am impressed.

#95 ·
I really do believe that dumping the secondary valves cost me some midrange torque but when I start really poring the coal to it I am hoping it will make up for it in top end.

#96 ·

yes I agree the power of the beast is fenomenal, running PC3 custom exhaust, and a nice tune, i will be fitting the O2 sensors back on it it will make more power with them with a finer tune, any of you guys using anything to adjust ignition timing?

#98 ·
They did work. I am using a GIPro TRE first and then a PCV ing timing module because of the nitrous. If your not using that then the TRE is most likely all you will need. Nice Numbers.

#100 ·
Hey just wondering, with all the mods done are your bikes as smooth to ride as when before the mods? My one is a bit rattly up till 2300rm just vibrates under torque if you try and pull away to over take a car, finding having to shift down a gear so its smoother,

#101 ·
The bikes have a retarded timing curve built into them at the factory in the first 3 gears. The TRE makes the bike think it is in 4th gear with no retard or lowered rev limit. It will smooth out your power and increase torque in the lower gears. So yes it is better all around.

#102 ·
Nice thread!

I cant find my dyno sheet, but I remembner it was 114.5 HP / 109.5 Ft Lbs torque. My best time at a local track, 1/8 mile was 7.569 @ 92.51 MPH. I took first place, (Cruisers only race, no turbo's, nitrous allowed, and street tires only) and ran against everything except a V-Rod! There was even one guy there on a Triamph Rocket III, with a SUPERCHARGER! I actually beat him several times, until he got that beast dialed in anyway. He was really screaming as he crossed the 1/8 mile stripe...wouldnt even want to line up against him in the 1/4. I talked to the guys that worked on his bike, and he reportedly had 225 ft lb of torque at the back wheel! Makes me think someone needs to develop a SC for the 9!

LG

#105 ·
I cant find my dyno sheet, but I remembner it was 114.5 HP / 109.5 Ft Lbs torque. My best time at a local track, 1/8 mile was 7.569 @ 92.51 MPH. I took first place, (Cruisers only race, no turbo's, nitrous allowed, and street tires only) and ran against everything except a V-Rod! There was even one guy there on a Triamph Rocket III, with a SUPERCHARGER! I actually beat him several times, until he got that beast dialed in anyway. He was really screaming as he crossed the 1/8 mile stripe...wouldnt even want to line up against him in the 1/4. I talked to the guys that worked on his bike, and he reportedly had 225 ft lb of torque at the back wheel! Makes me think someone needs to develop a SC for the 9!

LG
a SC for the 9 may prove to be a little to difficult without remodelling the entire crank case or modifying one of the cylinder heads in order to get the drive for the SC then you are faced with reliability problems like broken chain drives and snapped camshafts, the obvious other option is the turbo, and in todays age the high teck turbos on the market will be perfect with the electronically controlled variable veins and boost pressure control, can easily get 200hp at the wheel with out any turbo lag just a small turbo that spins really well,
You haven't ran a 1/4 ,i am curious to see wot times people get on 1/4 , i am planning to get my one to the 1/4 track as soon as i get my silly clutch problem fixed..

#104 ·
must be my imagination then, it was a while back the gf and I wore on a holiday found a rental place that had a 09 LM M109, fell in love with the beast as I nearly lost here of the back seat several times hehe, so I got my one just presently I did think the rental was a little smoother, may have to have a ride on a new one again to compare,
thanks on the reply TRod just got to have them revs up sure its smooth and sounds great up at the top end heheh,,

#110 ·
FI 2000 SETTINGS

can anybody post the correct settings for the cobra fi2000. i have cobra swept pipes with no baffles and stock air box. i will be doing some kinda intake mod later when i figure out what kind i want. for now i just need settings that are close and will improve driveability with my current setup.

u would think cobra would have this on their web site but they just tell u to use the factory settings. any help would be appreciated

#111 ·
can anybody post the correct settings for the cobra fi2000. i have cobra swept pipes with no baffles and stock air box. i will be doing some kinda intake mod later when i figure out what kind i want. for now i just need settings that are close and will improve driveability with my current setup.

u would think cobra would have this on their web site but they just tell u to use the factory settings. any help would be appreciated
Each motor/mods is going to be different. Cobra gives you a starting place and then tells you how to go about making changes to it. With stock intakes, you aren't going to need much extra. Mine, with fully open intakes and Road Burner 2-2 only needed pots at 2 - 2.5 - 0 to make best power and good AFR.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.