M109 Rider Forums banner

Dyno Results and Mods "Dedicated Thread"

148K views 241 replies 73 participants last post by  Erwin K 
#1 ·
Hey all. I was thinking it would be nice to have a thread dedicated to dyno results, the mods, and if known-- the before and after results.

There seems to be some random posts with individual results, discussion and complements, but I can't find a thread that is dedicated solely to dyno results and added mods to achieve the gains.

If there is a thread like this maybe someone can find it and revive it. It would be nice to have one place to look and post as we get our machines tuned.

Realizing that the thread will be mostly just "interesting." vs. technically "helpful." It will still be cool to have a list of all the amazing power runs. Also, I think there are a number of enthusiasts out there that have done additional deep mods like porting and polishing, cams, NO2, turbos, etc. Those would be entertaining to see, too. C109 and M90 riders jump in and post, as well.

So, post away! Add pics of the dyno sheets, if possible, regardless, please cut and paste the following with your info if applicable:

HP/Torque:

Year:

Mods:

Fuel management and settings:

Before and after differences:

Location of shop and prices to tune:

1/4 mile times:

Additional comments, suggestions, and observations of your experience at the dyno:

Please add any other suggestions to make this an informative thread. I would start with my results, but haven't done it, yet. So, I'm looking forward to all the posts to get me motivated.

Thanks!
:bigthumbsup:
MT

See less See more
Reactions: Peterpitbull74FCMC
#44 ·
If we look at Kennys dyno sheet you will notice that at 7400 he is still climbing at a pretty good rate. If he had another 500 rpm he might peak. That is the difference with his motor haveing internal work done to increase air flow and rpm. I am only .25 seconds behind him i the 1/8 but a whole 6 mph behind. My bike is strong in the midrange but he is really pulling hard on top.

#45 · (Edited)
Just got off the Dyno. 119.37 HP at 6800 and 112.78 torque at 4400. Waiting for the video to download at you tube then I will post the pulls and the shifter. The shifter is set at .65 milliseconds for a shift. That ought to make up some time in ET. I will post the dyno sheet as soon as the printer talks to the new computer correctly. BTW it was 100 degrees in the dyno room when we did this and he use std and 3 smoothing. You can see the fuel curve on the screen in the video.

Bob

#46 ·
Hot day at the drags

So Cal has been hit with a heat wave. The track surface was in the high 120's.
That said I got a best time of 7.58@92.42 on a high 90+ day That is a pick up from a best of 7.59@91.25 on a 75 degree day. I lost a full .035 at the 330 ft and .077 on the 60 foot. The biggest thing I noticed is it spun like a teenager in his daddys corvette. I had to drop my launch from a best of 4500 down to 3500. And second gear at 7200 and a full throttle 65 millesecond shift gets me 20+ feet of rubber and a vicious kick to the right. The shifter worked awesome but I will have to go back on a cooler day to see like for like on track temps. The rubber was balling up on the launch pad. They had to sweep it almost everyother run. But all in all it was fun 12 runs and a bit of a faster et and speed. Lord I need some sticky tires.

#47 ·
Sounds like a lot of fun. What tires are you thrashing at the moment?

#50 ·
Quickshifter Pic

Here is a picture of the Quickshifter solenoid and My falling apart muffler packing. It was blowing past the outside edge. Makes me think It might be a bit small of a tube. I am going to see tomorrow if I can get the shop to make it more than only 2 1/4 inch in diameter sitting in a 4 inch tube. But tonight I am going to ride it wide open.

Attachments

#51 ·
My baseline is 7.58@92 mph. That is what 119 hp and 112 tq gets me. Today was a good track and any more off the line it lifts the front tire pretty fast. So now it is time for the nitrous. Kennys bike makes 146 and 120 and runs 7.3@97.
So 50 hp should get me hopefully 100 mph and very low 7's.
I also know now without a doubt that my Cobra FI2000 makes almost exactly the same et and mph as the PC-V with the auto tune. Food for thought.

#53 ·
cobra dragster pipes
cobra fi2000
xtreme revolution air cleaners
113.79 hp 114.57 ft lbs torque
I will post dyno after the nos kit is complete and changes i did

#54 ·
Thanks for posting. Are the first two runs before any adjusting? Or with the F2000 set at 1, 2,1 or what? And what do you have the F2000 set at now? If so, those are some pretty significant gains. Interested because I am also running the F2000 and wonder how my butt is supposed to tell me how much to turn those little screws. I figure I could be off quite a bit and wouldn't know it.

Also, do you "feel" the bike runs better than before according to the "butt" dyno?

MT

#56 ·
How much nitrous are you planning on? And is it a dry or wet. I know there are guys here running much bigger numbers that we are posting right now. So Far Kenny is the fastest N/A motor and Bigeh is the top of the leader board as far as posted times go. Come on you closet racers Post up some big numbers so we have some info to learn from.

#57 ·
i am running a wet shot i have a few different nozzles a friend of mine ran the same set up and wasclose to 190 hp with 160 ft lbs of torque. i am not sure his exact numbers
i think to start i am gonna go smaller maybe a 40 hp increase and go from there

#59 · (Edited)
Ok after talking to the guys at Dynojet. I am going to be adding an Ignition Module 6-81 for the M109 and C109. It will allow a +-10 degrees and will allow an extra 500 rpm to any gear. Going to dyno the bike next week with the new module and custom map then the nitrous map will go on. We are pulling the pump and making changes in the pressure regulator. Costs me for 2 tunes but it should be really safe when we hit the bottle to 8000 rpm at the mile.

#60 · (Edited)
Just got back from the Drags. Picked up a full MPH to 93 in the 1/8 tonight. The auto tune is really smoothing it out and making the quickshift transition less violent. So best aggrate numbers so far .415 r/t on a .400 light. 1.77 60ft, 7.58@92.90

#63 ·
LUCKY! So, before the adjustment, was the clutch engaging at the end of the lever release or the beginning? I'm guessing right near the end, with lots of free play, yes?

MT

#65 ·
I think I described it wrong, but mean the same thing. What I meant was when you had the clutch lever pulled in and then started to engages the clutch, you had lots of release before she started to grab, and she did so right near the end of when the clutch lever was almost all the way out. Thus, with "just a kiss of the lever" being pulled back in, she started to slip. Yes?

I hope this is what's happening, otherwise I am completely confused.

#66 ·
Sorry . Had no freeplay. When I just barely pulled the lever it started slipping. Now with normal freeplay it is back to normal. Hope that explains it better.
Bob

#68 ·
Nice hp, What was the torque? And, are you able to post the dyno slip? What elevation were you dyno'd at?

Removed secondary butterflies? Are you talking about in the throttle bodies? and, what's the benefit? Less air restriction? Curious.

MT

#72 ·
Going on the dyno tomorrow. The shop has mounted the bottle, solonoid,foggers,tubing, wiring, and ignition module. He bumped the fuel pressure and we are doing 2 new maps with a master arm switch and the horn is the warp button. Getting close.

#77 ·
best of luck man, hope you come out with ear to ear grin :bigthumbsup:

Cant wait to see the results!

Boogs...

#73 ·
I'm watching this thread, HP=:D:drool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.