2nd Gear Slipping

Thread: 2nd Gear Slipping

Default 2nd Gear Slipping

Hi ALLL... I have only one complain about my M109, i have a very unpleasant shift from 1st gear to 2nd Gear.. Is this a normal problem everyone is facing or do i need to contact the dealer to get it rectified..

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

sounds like it's BECOMING pretty normal, suxs every which way.. Dealer may replace if under warranty but if not it may cost you a pretty penny..

Use the search to find similar post on the matter, they wont be hard to find unfortunately =/
    CAPZ LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL

It is normal. It goes smoother if you put a little pressure on the shifter before you pull in the clutch and let off the gas. Also if you shift early like right after taking off it will slip right into second.

Quote Originally Posted by Riyaz View Post
    Hi ALLL... I have only one complain about my M109, i have a very unpleasant shift from 1st gear to 2nd Gear.. Is this a normal problem everyone is facing or do i need to contact the dealer to get it rectified..
    I have the same problem.

Holy Crap!!!! I'd take that thing right back to the Dealer!

Very Active Member

Slap in SYNTHETIC oil that will help a whole lot

1) Is it slipping out of 2nd gear when you put it into 2nd?

2) or are you just having a little trouble changing into 2nd??

If it's the 2nd problem, you just have to change gear like you mean it,
    trying to be gentle from 1st to 2nd you will struggle to get it in.
    MODS : K+N Pod andCustom 3inch Exhaust

I had the same problem. The dealer changed 2 gears a fork and a rod thet he said was also bent.

Default 2nd gear issue

My buddy has this same problem, it's like a $2000+fix!!!!!!!! I am all for jap bikes but suzuki sure is screwing over alot of people on this one!

Quote Originally Posted by bigeh View Post
    1) Is it slipping out of 2nd gear when you put it into 2nd?

2) or are you just having a little trouble changing into 2nd??

If it's the 2nd problem, you just have to change gear like you mean it,
    trying to be gentle from 1st to 2nd you will struggle to get it in.
    I have the problem only when i shift to the 2nd gear from 1st upward.. Rest all gears are perfectly normal. Even it is very smooth when you are lowering the gear.

Quote Originally Posted by ixm01ws6 View Post
    sounds like it's BECOMING pretty normal, suxs every which way.. Dealer may replace if under warranty but if not it may cost you a pretty penny..

Use the search to find similar post on the matter, they wont be hard to find unfortunately =/
    Nice pipes you have on your bike.. What brand is that??

Quote Originally Posted by JAY G View Post
    Slap in SYNTHETIC oil that will help a whole lot
    Will try that for a change and check it outt.. thanks

Will try that for a change and check it outt.. thanks
    I use synthetic and it still does it. It takes some technique and getting used to. Try what I stated in my earlier post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the problem only when i shift to the 2nd gear from 1st upward.. Rest all gears are perfectly normal. Even it is very smooth when you are lowering the gear.
    Just change up to 2nd gear as if you mean to, you will be right
    MODS : K+N Pod andCustom 3inch Exhaust

Quote Originally Posted by hank View Post
    My buddy has this same problem, it's like a $2000+fix!!!!!!!! I am all for jap bikes but suzuki sure is screwing over alot of people on this one!
    try $5000. $2000 is what it cost me to do it myself.
    http://www.m109riders.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=139359

The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant. It's just that they know so much that isn't so. -- Ronald Reagan
    With Individual Freedom and Individual Salvation comes Individual Accountability. It brings a rewarding life to all. <--The Huff

Switching to the smaller after market shift star in combination with synthetic oil has eliminated shifting issues for me and pre-loading the shift lever does help immensely. I wonder if the "shift it like you mean it" technique is how shift forks are getting bent?
    Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Quote Originally Posted by The Chief View Post
    Switching to the smaller after market shift star in combination with synthetic oil has eliminated shifting issues for me and pre-loading the shift lever does help immensely. I wonder if the "shift it like you mean it" technique is how shift forks are getting bent?
    Nope... Please see first post in thread linked above.

or this video
    http://youtu.be/8D2vShwGDfM
    Last edited by The HUFF; 04-21-2011 at 09:36 AM.

The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant. It's just that they know so much that isn't so. -- Ronald Reagan
    With Individual Freedom and Individual Salvation comes Individual Accountability. It brings a rewarding life to all. <--The Huff

Very Active Member GeorgiaRoller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The HUFF View Post
    try $5000. $2000 is what it cost me to do it myself.
    http://www.m109riders.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=139359
    That's just effing wrong!!!!!! Suzuki dropped the ball big time with this issue!!!! I LOVE this bike but this is BS!

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaRoller View Post
    That's just effing wrong!!!!!! Suzuki dropped the ball big time with this issue!!!! I LOVE this bike but this is BS!
    I concur Weak transmission for a strong bike. They know it's a problem too because they made changes from the 08's on, but neglected to fix everyone's in 06 and 07.

Very Active Member GeorgiaRoller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The HUFF View Post
    They know it's a problem too because they made changes from the 08's on, but neglected to fix everyone's in 06 and 07.
    Exactly! This is the only downside to buying the a new model anything (bike, car, boat.....etc). It's always better to get the 3rd year and later of anything so that the manu. has time to work out the bugs. Had I known this about this before I would have purchased an 08 instead of an 07. Having said that I've only got about 14k on my 07 and no issues yet.

However since Suzuki knows this is an issue with 06-07 models they should at least discount the repair bill (even better they should warranty it fully).

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaRoller View Post
    Exactly! This is the only downside to buying the a new model anything (bike, car, boat.....etc). It's always better to get the 3rd year and later of anything so that the manu. has time to work out the bugs. Had I known this about this before I would have purchased an 08 instead of an 07. Having said that I've only got about 14k on my 07 and no issues yet.

However since Suzuki knows this is an issue with 06-07 models they should at least discount the repair bill (even better they should warranty it fully).
    If you've gone that far then chances are you're safe. Most guys have had this start around 10-12K miles.

I guess I've lucked out then too because my '07 is closing in on 20K and shifts like butta!
    Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

well i got an 08 with 2000 miles on it and, when i shift into second.. It scares people. it does help to shift it like you mean it but now im afraid of breaking something internaly

Must be the number 1 issue with this bike. Right now there are 4 or 5 threads on tranny prob.s on the first page of the general board!

Nice pipes you have on your bike.. What brand is that??
    raw design scorpion tips

http://www.metricfats.com/?page_id=10&category=8
    CAPZ LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL

Default shifting issues

Last September I purchased my nine from a Harley dealer. It was a trade in on one of their touring bikes. The machine had about 1800 miles on it and an incredible amount of aftermarket chrome, I thought I was getting a deal. I knew about the shifter problem just not the seriousness. It is an 08, I have installed the smaller shifter star and am using amzoil, the one two shift is still a problem and frankly I really like the bike but I am afraid to ride it like I have always ridden bikes, that is an occasional trip to the track. Additionally a friend that runs a suzuki dealership has told me to sell the bike's as the transmission is "junk." Good luck to the rest of you. I am still contemplating whether to keep it or sell it. I will say that of the bike forums I frequent this is by far the very BEST and I do enjoy it more that any other.