2 inch risers

Thread: 2 inch risers

Banned

Default 2 inch risers

anyone know if you need longer than standard cables if you put 2 inch risers on?

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Either that or relocate the cables behind the triple tree.
    Tag the World

IT'S NOT ABOUT HOW FAST YOU GET THERE, IT'S ABOUT THE RIDE ITSELF. TAKE YOUR TIME AND ENJOY IT!!

Quote Originally Posted by scotty109 View Post
    anyone know if you need longer than standard cables if you put 2 inch risers on?
    Dang Newbie!
    she s not quite stock.

Very Active Member

I was thinking about going with the 2 inchers until I heard about having to mess with the cables. Then I was thinking about going with the 1 inchers so I didn't have to mess with the cables, but now I'm wondering if they make enough of a difference to even bother with them.

I'm headed for 2" longer chrome risers, and i'm replacing all cables. Have been doing it slowly have clutch cable done and push/pulls replaced with new grips. Very easy job! Front brake lines are next! Once thats done i'll be ready for risers. All my cables/lines I went 3" longer and all stainless steel, and they look way better than the black stock ones.
    My opinion is I'm only going to do this Once, and i want to do it right. I know doing it all at once will get pricy so I've been pacing myself if you will! Can't wait really to reduce my forword lean, not that it's much but the thought of setting basicly straight up will be the BALLS as far as comfort. And at the same time will LOOK GREAT!! I've seen the 2" extension pieces but IMO tacky!! {but 2 eachs own.} And they cost around 90 dollars and for another 90 you have full chrome 2" longer risers. Again yea it's more money, but pace yourself you'l be glad in the long run you did. GOD KNOWS I WILL.
    Last edited by TORQ; 04-17-2011 at 09:26 AM.
    Owner of The Rarest M109R, THE 2006 Burple. THE ONE Suzuki Promised, TO NEVER make again!! Do to IT BEING, JUST to FAST for the General PUBLIC!

I rode around for a while just to see if I would get use to the riding position before changing anything. I was getting a little sore at the base of my neck in between my shoulder blades on longer rides. Put 1 inch risers blocks on and have not had a problem since. I too have been thinking about trying 2 inch blocks. Had to cut the bracket under the lower triple tree to give the clutch cable a little mor freedom, otherwise all good.

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by woody76 View Post
    I rode around for a while just to see if I would get use to the riding position before changing anything. I was getting a little sore at the base of my neck in between my shoulder blades on longer rides. Put 1 inch risers blocks on and have not had a problem since. I too have been thinking about trying 2 inch blocks. Had to cut the bracket under the lower triple tree to give the clutch cable a little mor freedom, otherwise all good.
    You had to cut the bracket for the 1 inchers? Wow! That's one tight clutch cable!

Was the quickest and easiest way to free the cable. Have spoken to others that have done the same thing.

Was only getting tight if going full lock.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kids late 2010 early 2011 382.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	99.4 KB 
ID:	31967  
    Last edited by woody76; 04-19-2011 at 01:47 AM.

I ran mine with stock cables for a few months, but at full left lock the cables touched the speedometer housing and I didn't care for that. I think you could probably zip tie them out of the way and stop it, but I changed to the longer cables anyway.

Life has no remote control, get up and change it yourself.

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zoom View Post
    I ran mine with stock cables for a few months, but at full left lock the cables touched the speedometer housing and I didn't care for that. I think you could probably zip tie them out of the way and stop it, but I changed to the longer cables anyway.
    Which size risers did you use?

Quote Originally Posted by grampi View Post
    Which size risers did you use?
    I have the 2" riser blocks.

Life has no remote control, get up and change it yourself.