M109 Rider Forums banner

2011 Vulcan Vaquero

6K views 44 replies 33 participants last post by  grampi 
#1 · (Edited)
http://www.kawasaki.com/products/product-specifications.aspx?id=495&scid=7

NOT getting rid of the 9, but thinking about a 2nd bike and making the 9 strictly 1up. the more I look at this thing the more I like it. I'm a BIG fan of the HD Roadglide but not a fan of being air cooled and out of money.
I think I'm gonna go test ride one next weekend.
what do you guys (and gals:D) think?

#27 ·
IMO you can listen to the Rumble on your 9! And buying a cruzer so the the Mrs. can ride in comfort, you would be going backwards with the Kaw. that rear seat is a JOKE! Our gels for our 9's are better, by a long shot! I'll admit the Kaw looks nice, NO DOUBT! But other than the wall/stereo+Cruz, your wife did not gain a thing. And by turning your 9 to 1 up, she'll have nothing comphy to ride! Yet you'l be styling, the Kaw does look great! But it is not designed for comfort,for a passenger in any way shape or form! Again I do like the looks of that bike, don't get me wrong. But that rear seat is but a PATCH:eek: Like the HD Streetguilde...
If your really looking for comfort, It's the Wing! You wanted our opinion, thats mine:D

#4 ·
That was one of the bikes i was looking at. One of the things i didnt like was the way that the saddle bags opened up, i would be affraid that when you open up the bag that everything would fall out.. The way you sit on it to was a little different too. It is a sharp looking bike though.

#6 ·
Very nice bike, I'd take it over the Harley any day. I would go with the taller shield tho, the shorty looks cool but I see a tired neck after two or three hundred miles.

The bags on my Concours open downwards also but there are retaining straps inside so nothing falls out, I would assume Kawi did the same on this bike.

I like it. :bigthumbsup:

#9 ·
Very nice bike, I'd take it over the Harley any day. I would go with the taller shield tho, the shorty looks cool but I see a tired neck after two or three hundred miles.

The bags on my Concours open downwards also but there are retaining straps inside so nothing falls out, I would assume Kawi did the same on this bike.

I like it. :bigthumbsup:

yep :bigthumbsup:

#43 ·
Saw the Kawi at a show recently. Looked like a very nice bike. Would love to ride one soon.

For me the Victory Cross Roads is top of my list (at the moment) for a second bike. Had the opportunity to ride several demos on the bike. Rides like a dream IMO.

That said, saw the Kawi at a bike show recently. Very good looking bike. Would jump at the chance to test one out.

#10 ·
It may seem slow to you after being used to a 109 (100 lb.s heavier and less horsepower and torque). I passed a herd of 7 going up a hill and met up with them later at a gas station. They came over to check out my bike as they were all rather shocked how fast I got up to speed passing them. They do look nice up close though, nice fit and finish. Personally, I'd probably go for a used 1800 Wing first. Plenty fast, and Hondas run forever.

#19 ·
Not sure about this one quite yet. I am not fond of the air vents in the faring.
I've read several reviews and theyve said the vents are non functional and that lights are available for those spots if you want them.

#16 ·
If I was gonna grow up a little and get a bagger... the Vaquero is at the top of my list... it looks cool and has power close to the 9. The Victory Vision and Cross Country are nice but they to just smack of Iv'e given up on power and sport for comfort and leisure thing written all over them. I'm just not old enough for a Gold Wing or a Harley or a Can Am. Now I might be tempted to go BMW and get a Dual Sport... just cause I still get an impulse to take the road less traveled. And there is that temptation to ride to Alaska that hits every once in awhile.

#22 ·
I saw one at the dealership in Little Rock last weekend. I liked it. About 17k. It had several small details that made it look nice. Small chin spoiler, nice dash. I'd buy one if that's the type bike I was looking for.

#23 ·
Rode one at bike week in daytona and loved it. Great bike. Look the shield on it. Its steal when you put it beside a harley. Great fit and finish to me on this bike. riding these do however make you realize how much power the 9 has, but for a cruiser this is a really cool bike. A few buddies of mine go up every year as a tradition and test ride bikes all day. Mind you the average age is 25-26 ( I am the old guy at 35) and we always pick the surprise hit. Well after riding 10 bikes each that day. This bike was the surprise bike of them all. Real enjoyable to ride.

#24 ·
Got the voyager last year,love it still have my 9 i didn't think I would
like the Kawy.
The Vaquero wasn't available then, the dealer has one
in the showroom now. I would have bought one if they were available
a year ago.
The standard 103 cubic inch engine would cost around 2k
to upgrade the Harley 98 cube to 103.
The Voyager is comparable to an ultra classic for about
6 k less. I like the 6 speed and belt drive, cruise, radio
rear air shocks. Plenty of storage space and the bags open from the top

#28 ·
I looked at one, beside the voyager last weekend. Since I have the bags and fairing on my nine, it wouldn't be much of a gain for me to get the vaquero. I do like the looks of the bike, but since I plan on keeping the nine, I would rather get the voyager for touring. The leg position on the voyager was very comfortable compared to the goldwing, but it is hard to beat the smoothness of that six cylinder for long trips.

#29 ·
Just make sure you understand power will be completely different. All the kawi's cruisers I've been on all out shifted, out handled and out rode the much stonger, sexier and sweeter suzuki's. They just don't have any OMG power, other then that I love'm.

#30 · (Edited)
Saw one at the dealership the other day. It caught my eye, I even took a few pictures. For a bagger, it's cool. Would be between that and the Victory Cross Country.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.