A guide for ethanol free gas stations by state,

Thread: A guide for ethanol free gas stations by state,

Default A guide for ethanol free gas stations by state,

[COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=4][FONT=verdana][FONT=verdana][FONT=verdana]For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

"You cant argue with my 9mm..........well you can, but you'll end up bleeding alot"
    RUBZERK = Are You BZERK

I'll challenge anyone here in the state of NC to provide proof (of these NC stations listed) that their gas does not contain ethanol.
    After having a lengthy conversation with a friend and owner of a local oil company who distributes gas to several stations in the area I was left heart broken. His advice was to test the gas out of a can with a test kit before you assume the station is telling you the truth.
    Marina operators/owners are also sometimes mis-informed as to what thay are getting. For instance, I asked a local marina owner if his gas was ethanol free and his comment was "Absolutely! I only sell 93 octane."
    I assumed he had been told that 93 was ethanol free.

Quote Originally Posted by hunt1moore View Post
    I'll challenge anyone here in the state of NC to provide proof (of these NC stations listed) that their gas does not contain ethanol.
    After having a lengthy conversation with a friend and owner of a local oil company who distributes gas to several stations in the area I was left heart broken. His advice was to test the gas out of a can with a test kit before you assume the station is telling you the truth.
    Marina operators/owners are also sometimes mis-informed as to what thay are getting. For instance, I asked a local marina owner if his gas was ethanol free and his comment was "Absolutely! I only sell 93 octane."
    I assumed he had been told that 93 was ethanol free.
    Well it's pretty easy for me, I can smell it when I gas up, Doesn't even smell like gas LOL
    [COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=4][FONT=verdana][FONT=verdana][FONT=verdana]For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemo View Post
    Well it's pretty easy for me, I can smell it when I gas up, Doesn't even smell like gas LOL
    "Careful smelling ethanol"! You could turn into a "Post-a-holic"! "Damn, maybe we're too late"! lol
    Last edited by m109ken; 01-05-2011 at 04:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by m109ken View Post
    "Careful smelling ethanol"! You could turn into a "Post-a-holic"! "Damn, maybe we're too late"! lol
    LOL Pretty easy when one spends all day here, , GOD I need a job,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Well the one station here in Marysville is Just gas, My sniffer tolt me so LOL $3.23 a gallon for regular $3.50 for Ethyl........... LOL I talked with the guy, and he said as long as 5% of stations in the state use just gas it will last. Wonder how long it WILL last........ ethanol blend 2 miles down the street is $3.07 reg

Quote Originally Posted by RUBZERK View Post
    I think BobbyMac first posted it a while back.
    Bang for the Buck Mods link CLICK HERE

Quote Originally Posted by rynosback View Post
    I think BobbyMac first posted it a while back.
    Yup he did, Well covered,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Dumb question, what's wrong with Ethanol?

Up here there is so far only one chain that carries ethanol. I runit by choice as I can get 90 octane for the same price every other station charges for 87.

small ranch/farm out in the country 10 miles north of Burlington N.C.

Ethanol has more "bad" then good...To really learn all that it does negatively do a Google search. It can be blended to any octane so don't assume the higher grades are pure gas. Here in Burlington we have 1 BP that carries it in the 89 grade....no I didn't test it but it does smell better and runs in my M109 better then the 93 octane. I wish we would do away with ethanol.....we're really going to need the corn more in the future then crap blended gas

It cost me several hundred $ last summer repairing my Yamaha 90 4-stroke outboard. Started breaking down the fuel lines among other things clogging the fuel filters (several filters for these motors). The mechanic told me that 90% of his business last year was ethanol related. Yamaha sent out a record number of cylinder blocks to certified repair shops. Go figure! Boston Whaler boats took a hit with their intregrated fuel tanks on some of their boats. Started breaking down their tanks.
    I'm surprised it hasn't been a topic for some of the news shows because it has cost consumers millions of repair dollars in the boating industry. Good for the mom and pop dealers to make up for slumping boat sales!
    As far as our 9's are concerned, I can't say that I have heard of any ethanol related problems, however, I personally suspect some of our filter issues.
    Regarding my bike, I don't like the fact that ethanol seems to neuter the punch a little. It's not a potient as straight gas and will cost you milage especially in a car or truck.
    I'm one of several who believe that there is adequit oil out there. We just need to tap it! Leave our corn alone. Make our vehicles more and more efficient. But....what do I know?

^-- interesting up here the "go fast guys" more in the car world say ethanol give more punch, but you use more doing it.

I wonder if there's a difference as up here they use wheat stocks(not the food kernals the rest of the wheat/straw stuff left over) for the ethanol.

Very Active Member

Ethanol or methanol will make more power but yes you will use more of it to make that power. Bottom line is that almost all tests that I have seen between gas and ethanol fail to provide facts. You must tune properly for ethanol use. Our Suzuki's are engineered for e10 fuel to be compatible. I think the biggest reason for issues with ethanol come from the suppliers and retailers not handling and storing it correctly. Whatever we feel about it, it won't be going away any time soon so you better learn to work with it. It will likely be up to E15 before 2012 if this administration has its way. Another issue that we all of a sudden don't hear about anymore is RFG. Reformulated gasoline. It wreaks havoc on fuel systems too. Most states require changing over in early spring and this flushes all of the crap into the tanks and then into our tanks. There are way too many additives in gasoline to blame ethanol exclusively. JMHO