M109 Rider Forums banner

There was a thread about these intakes

22K views 136 replies 47 participants last post by  Dam Guy 
#1 ·
#11 ·
LOL, you read my mind, the term " bad ass" comes to mind

#3 · (Edited)
From the look of the kit, both sides are identicle. Unfortunately, both sides of our 109s are not built the same. There are left and ride sides to our stock intakes and my Tornado air kit has a left and right side, too. They are built that way so that the air intakes "hang" in the same position on either side of the bike.

Again, that kit looks like the sides are identicle and IF they are, the two sides wont' be symmetrical. That may or may not bother a person, but would bother me.

#8 ·
From the look of the kit, both sides are identicle. Unfortunately, both sides of our 109s are not built the same. There are left and ride sides to our stock intakes and my Tornado air kit has a left and right side, too. They are built that way so that the air intakes "hang" in the same position on either side of the bike.

Again, that kit looks like the sides are identicle and IF they are, the two sides wont' be symmetrical. That may or may not bother a person, but would bother me.
Agree!! What do you expect from god knows where they are made. Sometimes money over quality is just not worth it. I like this too.......

High Quality Billet Aluminum Cone Spike Air Cleaner Kit
Features a racy look and provide more leg clearance
360 degree slotted spike cover
Can be mounted vertically or horizontally
Filter is washable with filter cleaning kit
Comes with adapters and hardwares for easy installation.
Filter Size: 4.9" Diameter and 9" Length ( Top to Bottom )
Material: High Quality Billet Aluminum
Color: Chrome
Condition: 100% Brand New
Quantity: 1 Set (Your will receive same the picture show)
Fitment:
Suzuki Boulevard M109
No include Installation Instructions

#10 ·

Tracking details

Date/TimeActivityLocation08/10/10 16:48Transferred for delivery processing SYDNEY

ON THE WAY :2excited: yep they are same as Force winders im told just a spike added.

If you need Instructions to fit these, it's time to hand in your license lol.

they would probably be in Chinglish anyway

#21 ·
From Scotty's other thread.........

Got mine today, they are just as good as th epics on ebay. However i still think they are chrome. they are to shiny.

1st Take the tank off , Remove the filters and fit away.
The first adapet will go straight into the exsisting hole of the rubber grommet .Loosen that clamp right off they are tight as a nuns nasty to push on, lube will help.

Place the Second piece on with gasket

you will see one hole has no thread on it, This is for the black rod and use the longest bolt and nut with it ,i bent mine the slightest bit as it was against a hose , And just place the other end of the rod onto the bolt that is already there holding the standard bracket.There is spacers provided but you dont need them.

I took that bracket off and just used that bolt you can see, as the bolt that came with it was to short. the two rods are market A and B, Dont know why, obviously they dont know either or they would have instructions.

On the right hand side mine wasnt able to go into the rubber grommet like the left side did, I just removed that bracket, just fit the Rod the same as the other side.

As Bobby mac said they do not sit equal ,the right sticks out further then the left and more forward,So if your Anal forget about them , if not go buy them they look the goods:bigthumbsup:and for the price you cant go wrong.

will post pics tomorrow was to dark by the time i finished fitting them up.

cheers scott

#30 ·
Looks like they won't work with the Suzuki crash bars, but they are a good looking kit for the price.

They should be off about 2" from side to side. One side of the air box has the tube coming in from the front and the other side has it coming in from the rear, so if you look at your stock air boxes you can visualize how much difference there would be.

#31 · (Edited)

going to tamper with them a bit to see if i can pull one closer and the other out more. as for one sitting back further then the other thats the best you can get them, well best i can.

one thing i did is cut half the pipe off the back that the hose goes onto as it is up flush against the head of the motor,it probably wont melt through but i dont want to risk it.

Im happy with them.

#32 · (Edited)
Did you try reversing the two black connecting rods "A" and "B"?

Do you think modifying or fabricating a new bracket that has the grommet in it would make it possible to align the right side (of bike) with the left as far as angle when viewed from front? The left side looks like it is at a good angle.

Let us know how you make out with getting the angles similar. I think I could live with the front to back offset if they were both tight into bike and at the same angle when viewed from the front.

Thanks for the pics.

#44 ·
force winders look like these have them same effect according to this review.

Reviewed by: anonymous from ohio

These looked really cool on the DLP web page, but now I have them on the bike, and they dont look as good. If you look at pics on web page they appear to look identical on both sides, but they arent. One side looks different than the other, one side stick out pretty far and the other side actually angles in toward the bike. So when you look at them from the front it looks kinda dumb. This might have something to do with how they connect under tank with the air box. As far as perf. cant tell diff

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.