M109 Rider Forums banner

There was a thread about these intakes

22K views 136 replies 47 participants last post by  Dam Guy 
#1 ·
#48 ·
They look awesome!!!!!!!

And the price was really good too....... :bigthumbsup:

#53 ·
This is a knockoff spike intake from our 1st gen spike intake(just the design of the spike filter). There is a big problem from this intake you guys may not be aware of, and we did fixed on our 2rd gen spike intake which will launch to the market soon.

The spike filter cover is way too heavy, only using 3 bolts to hold it on the metal tube is not strong enough. The spike itself will drop when you are riding because of the vibration of the engine(won't come off right the way, but after like a short period of time). Very Very dangerous!

I am not trying to hijack this thread, just want to point out a problem before someone get serious injure or damage to their bike.

thank you

Vincent

#54 ·
When I bought my Forcewinders there was nothing that tipped me off about the staggering of the Forcewinders in comparison to the even stance of Tornado's. After riding with Bobbymac and getting a good look at his set-up I wish I had footed for the Tornado's. Live and learn.
It's not the first or probably the last money I have wasted on this bike. When I get thru in the long run I will have a back rest, luggage rack, highway pegs and brackets sitting around.

#60 ·
Dear Vincent, Im hearing ya buddy, those "loosen Screws" are exactly the same as mine, thats why i said i was going to replace them with stainless screw self tappers. Problem Solved:bigthumbsup:

How much are you selling your units for?
Dear Scotty109, trust me, the way you are doing it now, i personally tried already. It will only hold tight for a while, please take my advice buddy and tight your screws ( those two ) monthly. Just to be save.

I can't disclose any pricing at this moment, but will be very close to what you are paying for. But the craftsmanship will be much better. Most important is the safety of ride.

Vincent

#63 ·
Howdy Folks,

Got my set delivered today !!!
Being realistic about the overall cost of the items ,,,,,,
I'm as happy as a Pig in Sh*t with the build quality of the parts supplied,,,,,
Thanks to all the "Thread-work" above, fitment is gunna be a lot easier too !!!
Seems to me, the "Symmetry" Issue could be fixed with lengthening of one Induction pipe.
How about it Vince ??? Make some $$$ back on your stolen design.
Sell a corrected length pipe as a "Repair Kit".
E-a-s-y Big-Fella !!! Just a thought !!! lol
Now ,,,,,,, where's me Toolbox ???

Cheers, Big Jim. Down Under.

#64 ·
Howdy Folks,

Got my set delivered today !!!
Being realistic about the overall cost of the items ,,,,,,
I'm as happy as a Pig in Sh*t with the build quality of the parts supplied,,,,,
Thanks to all the "Thread-work" above, fitment is gunna be a lot easier too !!!
Seems to me, the "Symmetry" Issue could be fixed with lengthening of one Induction pipe.
How about it Vince ??? Make some $$$ back on your stolen design.
Sell a corrected length pipe as a "Repair Kit".
E-a-s-y Big-Fella !!! Just a thought !!! lol
Now ,,,,,,, where's me Toolbox ???

Cheers, Big Jim. Down Under.
get into it jimbo. Thought the quality was pretty good myself..

after all there is mock up's of heaps of bike parts, siht even food these days!

i was nearly going to pop rivet the head of the spike on as these never need to come off, dont want those grub screws falling off, cause you can undo the 2 bigger allen key bolts to take the filters out to clean them.

i just put the self tappers in just a while ago, they arnt going anywhere!:D:bigthumbsup:

#66 ·
Man, those spike look damn good on the photos, and when looking at one side of the bike at a time. I like the price but, I really would need a fix for the issues listed above before i pull the trigger, they do look exactly like the Forcewinders tho, as far as the hardware goes.

#69 ·
#72 ·
Bro, that looks great but how did you do it?
Did it cost much?
What's the plate made of?
Got any pictures?

Thanks

#77 ·
I think those Spike Intakes look verry awesome :bigthumbsup:.
The price is good, so i would like to order them.
But i´m not sure if i need a Power Commander, ore is it possible to put them on the Bike without a PC???
BTW my bike has short stock Exhaust.
Sorry for my bad english :joke:

cruisi :doorag:
English is fine this end.

you should see the guys that do speak english :D

thats the Norm if you change pipes and filters, fuel management is next.

But not if you only have one of the above done.

#80 · (Edited)
Had a few people asking about fitting these up.

first picture is the left side see the rod? that bolts to the motor head take out the original mount .

2nd picture same side differant angle
i used the exsisting original mount ,just left it there and pushed the stub into the rubber grommet

now the other side ....same as the other straight into the motor head .

again same pic differant angle this one kept jumping out of the rubber grommet which held the original air filter on so i put a ball of jb weld on the end of the stub after i pushed it through the hole. it aint going anywhere now.it is a bit hard to see here but do the same as the other side and use the bracket , you might need to reshape them a bit to fit also might need to bend the rods a little . just takes time.

Dont forget to get rid of the grub screws holding the actual filter spike on,they are useless as **** on a bull.

i just used a stainless bolt and nut to hold them on.:bigthumbsup:

#81 ·
$600.00 WTF

Did i miss something i had mine delivered for $245.00 Sorry but i love them, yes change the bolts. Its a V twin the way i look at it they fit perfectly it looks more engineered then bolt on bling. What am i saying yes get rid them grind them up the less out there the more original mine will look. where would we be If we all liked the same thing.;)

#82 ·
Maybe I Got bad one but I have a few imperfections in the chrome. Nothing I can't live with. You would only notice it if you were looking for it. I know they are there though. The fit up was easy and they look great.

Boogs...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#89 ·
Now that looks brilliant why would you spend all that money when you can get filters that look like that. When i get board of the spikes K&Ns will now be going on. I love this place. :yourock::yourock:

#91 · (Edited)
For those looking for an intake mod. The parts listed below will give you two different intake looks. The Forcewinder style or the spike style have both looks for approx $120.00+ less than the Forcewinder kit.

- http://store.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?Prod=RC-3680. (2) w/shipping $82.00
- http://store.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?Prod=RC-3680DK $21.00 per + tax
- http://motors.shop.ebay.com/i.html?...09r&_osacat=0&bkBtn=&_trksid=p4506.m270.l1313 $299.00 shipping included.
You may be able to find the spike intake on ebay for less than I paid.

Approx $423 or less for the entire setup.. Two different looks for the price of one.

Just follow scotty109's installation instructions w/ pics and you are set.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.