M109 Rider Forums banner

My new Fairing on a 07 LE ( its different )

35K views 171 replies 88 participants last post by  Wjduke 
#1 · (Edited)
Just wanted to share my pix of what i have done to my m109. I really like what they are doing with the Harley Road Glide, but when i drove it the bike didnt have the power i wanted. So i decieded to put the Fairing on my bike and save 22K. I have been working on the bike for over a two months and have 3k in the project. We are at the last Stage and that is painting it. I know people will be hard on me and say what the heck did u do, But i still want to know what u think. I wont feel bad.

I hope you like.

When I first bought the bike

Done

Rude spray jobs by 911 Auto center is doing the paint job in san antonio 210-681-9111

House of Kolor "Lime Time"

See less See more
#2 ·
I put the bike together and drove it for about 130 miles and made sure the fairing wasnt going anywhere. I hit speeds of 120 mph its really nice to have a stereo

The stereo is the CMV1 by clarion (dvd player)
with the hog tunes 5X7 speakers
hog tunes amp
klock werks 12 screen (no pix of it on yet)

I still have to re-route the brake lines
add the hd gauges
I have wiring that i have to do to make it look very kleen.

#3 ·
i think you might be able to pull it off, but i think it would have to be a complete custom fairing. That one seems to sit too high for my tastes. i think i doesn't flow with the lines of the tank and that where the problems begin. aesthetically i would want to the fairing bottom to flow with the tank , and at the same time you need the fairing to not hit the tank when doing locked turns.
But everyone has their own tastes and looks, so do your thing bro. Throw some paint on it and it it looks better to me then, I will have no problem saying so.:bigthumbsup:

#9 ·
Hey, I want the front end of my snowmobile back!

This post has been deleted
This post has been deleted
#14 ·
Not Cool At All

I don't want to sound critical by any means. However, you did ask for opinions. I don't think that fairing fits the bike at all. It is too big, it sits far too high, it doesn't flow with the lines of the bike, and the two headlight set up is way off track. The whole set up makes the bike look really weird. I think you may have let your imagination run too far on this one. It doesn't look good at all...painted or not IMO.

#24 · (Edited)
Funny!!!

When he turns in that card, they will issue him an LBHE card for his M109.

LBHE: Limited Big Head Edition :a18: :D :2cool: :congrats:, but most of all :eek:. I can't stop laughing. Every time I look at it or think about it, it just gets me to giggling all over again. I couldn't go an a ride with someone who had a bike like that because I wouldn't be able to stop laughing at that bike. It is funny. I hope I don't offend anyone, but that bike is hilarious. That bike looks like it came around a corner, and someone jump out and scared the hell out of the bike. Just look at the expression of the bike in the last picture with those two headlights. Man, Iv'e got tears in my eyes from laughing so much.

#20 ·
I applaud your ingenuity. Of all the Harley dressers, I like the road glide fairing least of all. This picture reminds me of a sports team mascot with the really big head......

Looking forward to seeing it painted and finished.:bigthumbsup: for making it your own.

-Josh

#22 ·
Opinions like belly buttons. Everyone has one. What counts is do you like it? I think it will look quite different when you paint it. Lots of work and imagination there. I will reserve an opinion till I see the finished product.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.