Springer forks and ape hangers at NYC Bike Show

Thread: Springer forks and ape hangers at NYC Bike Show

Default Springer forks and ape hangers at NYC Bike Show

I went to the 2010 NYC bike show and show this M109R with springer front forks, custom ape hangers, custom tail, custom paint....it looks awesome

join the club

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

wow now that is really cool.

Now that brought the 9 to a whole other level, SWEEEET!

Bike looks really sweet, however I can't believe he spent all that change on bling and cheaped out of the aircleaners.

I kinda like that..... something different

Sweet!
    Sit in the corner and mak' a noise like a Neap!

I love it sweeeeeet
    GROUNDED FOR LIFE

wow i guess im going to be the dick of the thread, because i think it is terrible. they need to do that to a bike that it suits not a ground pounder like the 109. you will never be able to ride it to its potential in that trim.

i dont know maybe i dont like that much change. to each there own.

Without a doubt that is the ugliest version of an M109R I've ever seen

Sorry but I dont think so

That thing is fugly

Gas

I'm pretty sure that belongs to a guy who's on this board. If I'm thinking of the right one, he posted pictures of the bike when he put the bars on. I'll check the threads and see if I can find it to verify if it's the same bike/guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    BikerGranny would rip your head off, and spit down your neck. You have NO idea who you're messing with. She'll be coming at you with razor blades and lemon juice. You'll be crying when she's done with you. That is a promise. Normally there is no fighting at the meet. But, I may make an exception in your case. LYIANFW!

I gotta side with Pynikal and Chief.

The paint and rims are cool, but ape hangers and ancient technology (springer) look moronic on the M109. Thats like putting wooden wagon wheels and a dump truck steering wheel on a Dodge Viper....
    Ron Paul or slavery...

Very Active Member Square Rounder's Avatar

That bike is from a custom shop in NJ.

It has been to many local shows. I have spoken with the builders. The only custom parts are the bars they built and the pipes.

Everything else on the bike is straight bolt on stuff.

It is funny though, the two custom things they did are the worst parts of the bike. They say they dynoed it after the pipes and got it to like 90hp. He thought that was good. I asked if they had tested it before their work and he said no, but they assumed it was like a 10-15hp gain. I bit my tongue knowing that is actually a 10-15hp loss over what most report.

It is the sumo rear and a pre-built springer front end.

I am not very fond of the front end, but the sumo rear looks cool.

I also went to the NYC show today. It was a cool day to spend a winter day, but nothing really too unexpected.

Quote Originally Posted by BikerGranny View Post
    I'm pretty sure that belongs to a guy who's on this board. If I'm thinking of the right one, he posted pictures of the bike when he put the bars on. I'll check the threads and see if I can find it to verify if it's the same bike/guy.
    Ah, okay, it's a different bike (unless he painted it black, LOL). The one I was thinking about is a White M109 with Chrome bars...similar to those. Belongs to bignycdon.

At first, I didn't like the look, but when I saw bignycdon ON the bike, it looked better. Dude is so tall, they aren't actually 'ape hangers' for him; his hands are level with his shoulders when he holds onto the bars.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    BikerGranny would rip your head off, and spit down your neck. You have NO idea who you're messing with. She'll be coming at you with razor blades and lemon juice. You'll be crying when she's done with you. That is a promise. Normally there is no fighting at the meet. But, I may make an exception in your case. LYIANFW!

It's different. Another motorcycle shop's attempt at making a metric look like a Harley. Ever wonder why they aren't doing so well? They keep doing the same old stuff. At least they could have put on a decent set of ape hangers. Those look cartoonish.

UNO 9
    My boys and bikes. A family that prays (and ride) together, stays togerther.
    Mods: Alarm, Dunnie 250, wide Holley air filter, drilled exhaust, and debadged.

If I wanted to look like a Harley rider, I would have bought one. Really not much I like about it at all. Hell, I will take Hink's white bike over that (still busting his balls a bit). Love ya brother!!!!!
    I am almost always working on a bike. If you have questions and need an answer quickly, just call me. 317-507-0940. Always up late. There will be time for sleep when I am dead!

I don't care for it. but that's cool that he made it his own. With all of that work done to it, he should call Jerry and get a chrome gas cap to say the least.
    Bang for the Buck Mods link CLICK HERE

Quote Originally Posted by BikerGranny View Post
    Ah, okay, it's a different bike (unless he painted it black, LOL). The one I was thinking about is a White M109 with Chrome bars...similar to those. Belongs to bignycdon.

At first, I didn't like the look, but when I saw bignycdon ON the bike, it looked better. Dude is so tall, they aren't actually 'ape hangers' for him; his hands are level with his shoulders when he holds onto the bars.
    Mary, look at the OP's user name and avatar.

I don't care for it personally. Too much change to a bike that already looks great. I like the Sumo tail, but the springer and ape hangers just don't cut it for me.

Life has no remote control, get up and change it yourself.

Very Active Member

Default What The?????

To all of you who think negatively toward this bike,I am with you 100%.It really is an UPOS.If I offend those who think it is ''SWEET''.then so be it.The 9 is a beautiful bike in its own right.Why mess with it.Some people just have no taste.KEZZ.

Nice paint job but thats it,the front end is just old school rubbish an looks like crap, imho.

Quote Originally Posted by rynosback View Post
    I don't care for it. but that's cool that he made it his own. With all of that work done to it, he should call Jerry and get a chrome gas cap to say the least.
    eat drink, be fat and drunk!!!!

Hey Jem, I just had to click on your avatar again, the chrome 9 is so cool. I know you sold it, but do ever see it anymore? How did you give the plastic bits the shiny treatment? and I love the air covers

Default I guess that I'm just traditional

I personally like the "Dragbike" look that the 9 offers its users.
    "Life's is NOT a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, leaking oil with your engine smoking, shouting GERONIMO!" - Life is tough, it's tougher when you're stupid.- Speeding is ONLY a crime IF you get caught.

"The Devil Inside" TBAR = That Boy Ain't Right

Not my cup of tea but to each his/her own but i agree with some of the above that you will never get to ride the 109 at her full potential
    Mods - No Mods here

Come on Ron, tell us how you feel.
    I am almost always working on a bike. If you have questions and need an answer quickly, just call me. 317-507-0940. Always up late. There will be time for sleep when I am dead!

Very Active Member GeorgiaRoller's Avatar

The only thing I like on it is the skull graphic on the rear fender and that's even a bit overdone.

This bike screams "hey lets roll down to the local bar 10 minutes away and get fked up and try to fit in with the Harley guys".

I wonder if it leaks oil now.

Great, thanks for making me bring up my lunch again what a terrible thing to do to a 9!!

Previous Bikes: 2001 Honda Shadow VT750, 2005 Suzuki M50, 2005 Yamaha MT-01, 2008 Suzuki M109R LE. 1982 Honda CB900F
    Current Bike: 2012 Rocket III Roadster Phantom Black