M109 Rider Forums banner

Hard krome 2 into 1 question

11K views 25 replies 15 participants last post by  Fin 
#1 ·
Does the hardkrome 2into 1 have a baffle or do you purchase one seperately or run it open

#4 ·
Do I need exhaust gaskets for new pipes or do they come with them or use old ones.
They do not come with the new pipes. It is recommended that you purchase new ones (I did) but I know that others have replaced the pipes and left the original gaskets.

#5 ·
I had the Hard Krome 2 into 1 side burner on my VTX. The sound was ok, almost too loud, but I had a hard time with back firing and popping. I was able to shim the carb, it helped some. Not sure how it will work for FI. I had to buy a baffle separately. If you have to, don't bother. The baffle is a pain in the A** to install and had very little to no benefit. If some like them, Great, but I would not recommend them, atleast the sideburner, to anyone.

#6 ·
the HardChrome side burners are loud and they do pop during decel
if it reallly bothered me i would just do the PCIII , but i love the sound
and you should do the new gasgets (old ones can make the poping worse if they leak)
and no removable baffles

but to be comfortable with the level of noise these pipes make you reallly should find some one that has them before you buy ,if thats possible , they are VERY LOUD ~!!!

#11 ·
the HardChrome side burners are loud and they do pop during decel
if it reallly bothered me i would just do the PCIII , but i love the sound
and you should do the new gasgets (old ones can make the poping worse if they leak)
and no removable baffles

but to be comfortable with the level of noise these pipes make you reallly should find some one that has them before you buy ,if thats possible , they are VERY LOUD ~!!!
I am running Sideburners and mine do not pop on decel. I have the map recommended by Dynojet and it runs perfectly. Not sure how your setup but maybe some adjustment can fix that??

#7 ·
Hardkrome does not have a removable baffle. But there is another company that makes one for it. I had to put one in my sideburners. The first time I rode it to work (12 miles) I had a headache. It is easy to install and takes the noise down just enough to make the bike a pleasure to ride. I have had no problem with a decel popping. Make sure you use the red locktite. I also used the original gaskets with no problems. Below is al link to the Smartpartz website. Hope this helps.

http://smartpartz.com/SPZHKSB.html

#10 ·
Never seen those before. Been wanting to take a 3 or 4 day road trip and might pick one up for it. :bigthumbsup: Can't stand wearin ear plugs.
I love the sound of my pipe but do get a headache sometimes during long rides when I wear a full face helmet. Not sure if a baffle will help though because its deep tones that get to my ears with the helmet on. An extra baffle would prolly just keep 'em from cracking as loud:dontknow:

#8 ·
The baffle is welded in, and guess what.... after less than 5 months on my bike.....BAFFLE IS COMMING APART! I AM PO'D:verymad::verymad::verymad: !!!! Hardkrome's customer service Stinks for a better use of words, and I AM STILL getting the run around trying to get them to stand behind their products!!! More info to follow......I am not one to bash a manufacturer, but if they won't be up front, HONEST, and STAND BEHIND WHAT THEY SELL......Well you will soon see how I feel about that....more to come soon.....:bigthumbsup:

#12 ·
do it

I just did mine last weekend and youll love it, I do and i I didnt have to change my gaskets, I bought new ones but took em back sonce i didnt need em and the pipe is long enough that most of the sound is back behind ya when moving, but its a blast to rev that sound up going under a bridge, Just do it, I think youll love it and it looks like the sidepipes on a old vette or ac cobra

#13 ·
I also have the 2 into 1 sideburners and I love them. I had the hard chrome long shots and they were nice just not loud enough for me. So i sold them and bought the 2 into 1 and I love them. Yes they do come with a baffle and yes you should buy new exhaust gaskets to prevent any leaks. I did. If you like loud and good looking then these are definitely the pipes you need. I have had cobras, hard chromes, and vance and hines, and these are by far the best. Hope his helps

#14 ·
Guys, how you drive long distances with hard krome side burner 2:1 and do not hurt your ears if?
My ears are buzzing a bit after driving 124 miles :D

#15 ·
I always wear a helmet and have no issues.

#17 ·
2 purvistechie I use helmet always too )))

2 PHKsRIDE, yes, ear plug, i'll try use, thanks for responds!

#18 ·
I removed this exhaust and install OEM, very big difference in sound )))) My ears is fine, i will be a sell this exhaust.

#19 ·
2 eddie423:
Hi, can you make photo, how your install Hard Kore Quiet Baffle in your pipe?
This is very interesting information, maybe you have video, how pipe work with baffle and without baffle?

#20 ·
Hi guys!
I again installing Hard Krome on my bike and made quiet baffle:

Now my ears is happy!!!

#21 ·
Long as your happy.

#22 ·
Today i lost my baffle )))))))
I drilled my pipe and install new handmade baffle in pipe, pic later..
Tests continue...

#23 ·
#26 · (Edited)
2 harps2 Yes really drilled )))) Internal welding, hmmmm, i don't know. bolts i think is more reliable and i can remove baffle or make new ))))
2 avagoOoh yes, i made it as how you! Sound great, and ears is not hurt

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.