Hard krome 2 into 1 question

Thread: Hard krome 2 into 1 question

Default Hard krome 2 into 1 question

Does the hardkrome 2into 1 have a baffle or do you purchase one seperately or run it open

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Yes the side burner comes with a baffle. It is welded in. I have this on my bike and love the sound.

Default 2nd question

Do I need exhaust gaskets for new pipes or do they come with them or use old ones.

Very Active Member purvistechie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by No Mas View Post
    Do I need exhaust gaskets for new pipes or do they come with them or use old ones.
    They do not come with the new pipes. It is recommended that you purchase new ones (I did) but I know that others have replaced the pipes and left the original gaskets.

RED 07, De-beavered, Cycle House Stainless Steel License Plate Bracket, RAW DESIGN Horizontal Chrome LED License Plate Frame, Medium Eagle Eye LED Turn Signals, Suzuki Billit Derby Cover, Suzuki Full Cut Gel Seats, Hard Krome Sideburner Exhaust, Dynojet PCIII Fuel Management, ISO Grips and Throttle Boss.

I had the Hard Krome 2 into 1 side burner on my VTX. The sound was ok, almost too loud, but I had a hard time with back firing and popping. I was able to shim the carb, it helped some. Not sure how it will work for FI. I had to buy a baffle separately. If you have to, don't bother. The baffle is a pain in the A** to install and had very little to no benefit. If some like them, Great, but I would not recommend them, atleast the sideburner, to anyone.

the HardChrome side burners are loud and they do pop during decel
    if it reallly bothered me i would just do the PCIII , but i love the sound
    and you should do the new gasgets (old ones can make the poping worse if they leak)
    and no removable baffles

but to be comfortable with the level of noise these pipes make you reallly should find some one that has them before you buy ,if thats possible , they are VERY LOUD ~!!!

Hardkrome does not have a removable baffle. But there is another company that makes one for it. I had to put one in my sideburners. The first time I rode it to work (12 miles) I had a headache. It is easy to install and takes the noise down just enough to make the bike a pleasure to ride. I have had no problem with a decel popping. Make sure you use the red locktite. I also used the original gaskets with no problems. Below is al link to the Smartpartz website. Hope this helps.

http://smartpartz.com/SPZHKSB.html
    Debeavered, debadged. jsd3m. hard krome sideburner, widow footpegs, kuryakyn grips, $100 backrest mod, hard core exhaust baffle, 250 rear tire

The baffle is welded in, and guess what.... after less than 5 months on my bike.....BAFFLE IS COMMING APART! I AM PO'D !!!! Hardkrome's customer service Stinks for a better use of words, and I AM STILL getting the run around trying to get them to stand behind their products!!! More info to follow......I am not one to bash a manufacturer, but if they won't be up front, HONEST, and STAND BEHIND WHAT THEY SELL......Well you will soon see how I feel about that....more to come soon.....

Sideburners are great. They are loud, but I like it that way. Suits the bike well. Just be sure to have lots of ear plugs on hand.
    Black 2008 R2, Hard Krome Sideburners

Quote Originally Posted by eddie423 View Post
    Hardkrome does not have a removable baffle. But there is another company that makes one for it. I had to put one in my sideburners. The first time I rode it to work (12 miles) I had a headache. It is easy to install and takes the noise down just enough to make the bike a pleasure to ride. I have had no problem with a decel popping. Make sure you use the red locktite. I also used the original gaskets with no problems. Below is al link to the Smartpartz website. Hope this helps.

http://smartpartz.com/SPZHKSB.html
    Never seen those before. Been wanting to take a 3 or 4 day road trip and might pick one up for it. Can't stand wearin ear plugs.
    I love the sound of my pipe but do get a headache sometimes during long rides when I wear a full face helmet. Not sure if a baffle will help though because its deep tones that get to my ears with the helmet on. An extra baffle would prolly just keep 'em from cracking as loud
    2007 M109R LE-Sideburner-Suzuki sport windsheild- gel seats-billet Suzuki swivel backrest-250 E3-polish/painted derby cover- polished/painted rims- painted rotors- custom speedo plate- blue LED's- homemade debeaver w/LED plate mount- debadged- drilled/polished risers- polished windshield hardware- lowered 2 3/4

Quote Originally Posted by ooinkk View Post
    the HardChrome side burners are loud and they do pop during decel
    if it reallly bothered me i would just do the PCIII , but i love the sound
    and you should do the new gasgets (old ones can make the poping worse if they leak)
    and no removable baffles

but to be comfortable with the level of noise these pipes make you reallly should find some one that has them before you buy ,if thats possible , they are VERY LOUD ~!!!
    I am running Sideburners and mine do not pop on decel. I have the map recommended by Dynojet and it runs perfectly. Not sure how your setup but maybe some adjustment can fix that??

RED 07, De-beavered, Cycle House Stainless Steel License Plate Bracket, RAW DESIGN Horizontal Chrome LED License Plate Frame, Medium Eagle Eye LED Turn Signals, Suzuki Billit Derby Cover, Suzuki Full Cut Gel Seats, Hard Krome Sideburner Exhaust, Dynojet PCIII Fuel Management, ISO Grips and Throttle Boss.

Very Active Member Highwayflyer's Avatar

Default do it

I just did mine last weekend and youll love it, I do and i I didnt have to change my gaskets, I bought new ones but took em back sonce i didnt need em and the pipe is long enough that most of the sound is back behind ya when moving, but its a blast to rev that sound up going under a bridge, Just do it, I think youll love it and it looks like the sidepipes on a old vette or ac cobra

I also have the 2 into 1 sideburners and I love them. I had the hard chrome long shots and they were nice just not loud enough for me. So i sold them and bought the 2 into 1 and I love them. Yes they do come with a baffle and yes you should buy new exhaust gaskets to prevent any leaks. I did. If you like loud and good looking then these are definitely the pipes you need. I have had cobras, hard chromes, and vance and hines, and these are by far the best. Hope his helps
    ADAM

Guys, how you drive long distances with hard krome side burner 2:1 and do not hurt your ears if?
    My ears are buzzing a bit after driving 124 miles
    2009 VLR1800T: Gman TRE, Kuryakyn ISO GRIPS, Cobra lightbar, OEM Windshield, Mustang seats with driver backrest, LA Choppers Apehanger 18" & 3" risers, Harley-Davidson tour pack King size, Cobra engine guards, Oxygen lambda o2 sensor eliminator, Servo Buddy, Hardkrome Sideburner 2in1. Hand made: Brake line hoses, Passenger Floor Boards, Throttle and clutch cables, LED light in tour pack, Mud flap, baffles.

Quote Originally Posted by Fin View Post
    Guys, how you drive long distances with hard krome side burner 2:1 and do not hurt your ears if?
    I always wear a helmet and have no issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Fin View Post
    I use ear plugs and FF helmet otherwise the noise is just too much. I commute daily on my Nine and if I didn't wear ear plugs I would think my hearing would have been damaged over the years.

2 purvistechie I use helmet always too )))

2 PHKsRIDE, yes, ear plug, i'll try use, thanks for responds!
    2009 VLR1800T: Gman TRE, Kuryakyn ISO GRIPS, Cobra lightbar, OEM Windshield, Mustang seats with driver backrest, LA Choppers Apehanger 18" & 3" risers, Harley-Davidson tour pack King size, Cobra engine guards, Oxygen lambda o2 sensor eliminator, Servo Buddy, Hardkrome Sideburner 2in1. Hand made: Brake line hoses, Passenger Floor Boards, Throttle and clutch cables, LED light in tour pack, Mud flap, baffles.

I removed this exhaust and install OEM, very big difference in sound )))) My ears is fine, i will be a sell this exhaust.

2 eddie423:
    Hi, can you make photo, how your install Hard Kore Quiet Baffle in your pipe?
    This is very interesting information, maybe you have video, how pipe work with baffle and without baffle?

Hi guys!
    I again installing Hard Krome on my bike and made quiet baffle:

Now my ears is happy!!!

Long as your happy.

Today i lost my baffle )))))))
    I drilled my pipe and install new handmade baffle in pipe, pic later..
    Tests continue...

So here are photos:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140609_170739_zps78f6ccb4.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	56.2 KB 
ID:	183121

Name:	20140609_170732_zpsf7ee9eb1.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	75.0 KB 
ID:	183129

Name:	20140609_170713_zps76de85aa.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	65.0 KB 
ID:	183137

Name:	20140609_170703_zpsfa65fd0a.jpg 
Size:	55.9 KB 
ID:	183145

Name:	20140609_170651_zpsbc0e03a8.jpg 
Size:	79.6 KB 
ID:	183153

Did you really have to drill the outside if pipe? I would have thought internal welding would have been sufficient?
    I am also looking for better way of attaching my internal baffle as self tapping screws always loose ? Ideas ?

Default Hard krome 2 into 1 question

Hmm this looks a lot like what I did for my velocity pro :) takes the edge off yet still gives a great sound.

Sent from my portable microwave emitter
    A man would be more interested in a womans mind if it bounced gently as she walked.

2 harps2 Yes really drilled )))) Internal welding, hmmmm, i don't know. bolts i think is more reliable and i can remove baffle or make new ))))
    2 avagoOoh yes, i made it as how you! Sound great, and ears is not hurt
    Last edited by Fin; 06-11-2014 at 01:00 PM.