Looks like M90 needs FI2000r with aftermarket pipes

Thread: Looks like M90 needs FI2000r with aftermarket pipes

Default Looks like M90 needs FI2000r with aftermarket pipes

When I test rode my M90 with stock pipes, it was quiet and smooth. Installed the Cobra Speedster Swept pipes and love 'um to death BUT, the pipes are backfiring at idle and at speed, lots of popping, belching, farting...you name it. No choice but to go with a Cobra FI2000r fuel processor to try and tone that business down. I might have to try and do it myself, because the stealer..err...dealer wants $240 install for 3 hours time. Includes dyno but told them its already preset and dealer says again....3 hours $240. Can the dyno really dial in more than the preset map for the M90? I wouldn't think so. /shrug
    Revengr
    2010 Yamaha Raider S

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member

I don't have aftermarket pipes or a Fuel Controller but both my parents and my sister have all had bikes 5 total all with aftermarket pipes and fuel commanders that all had presets in them and they all got dyno'd they all gained more power out of the bikes as well. Another thing to consider is if you change the air cleaners later you will have to have it dyno'd again. Just my 2 cents from other experienced bikers

small ranch/farm out in the country 10 miles north of Burlington N.C.

The FI2000r is not a precise fuel controller like the Power Commanders. The default preset will probably work as well as needed but it can be "tuned" to your specific bike,riding circumstances,and location by the owner in driving and adjusting over a few hour process. This may also be done on a dyno BUT for hundreds of dollars and as easy as it is do, including the installation, you would be wasting your money. I have had a Cobra unit for about a year now and when I change something else I can add or dial back a little more fuel as necessary. That's why I bought it. If I had a Power Commander I would definitely pay the money for an advanced map by an expert once I decided the exact intake/exhaust I was using. This unit can be installed by a novice following instructions in about an hour.

Default Concur with Gramps...

I put a FI200R in myself yesterday... very easy... and works just fine... local dealer wanted at least $100 to do in addition to the 2.5 hours (at $90 per hour) to install pipes.

Trust me... it's easy to do, and not worth the extra expense of the Power Commander or the Dyno...

But of course, the dealer won't tell you that...

hi i have the cobra swepts and the fi2000r i live in australia and the fi2000r on the stock setting dosent really work here i bumped the first adjustment up to about three and no backfire now

Thanks all for your replies. I'll purchase and attempt a install myself with the stock map preset from Cobra for the FI2000r. Once aftermarket high-intake air kits become available I'll get it dyno'd.
    Revengr
    2010 Yamaha Raider S

if you want to be able to map your fuel injection your better of getting a power commander or something like that not a cobra fi2000r you cant map them as good

Quote Originally Posted by gavs90 View Post
    if you want to be able to map your fuel injection your better of getting a power commander or something like that not a cobra fi2000r you cant map them as good
    Yes your right. I was back at the dealer today for a full face helmet and ran into the guy that sold me my M90. He said the same thing that a power commander would be much better for the shops dyno vs. the FI2000r. Not that there is anything wrong with it. I just had a problem with the dealership trying to tell me a 3 hr install and dyno was required for a PRESET map on a FI2000r. Question, is there even a power commander out for a M90 or does it not matter model wise since it'll be dyno'd?
    Revengr
    2010 Yamaha Raider S

no thats fine i have the fi2000r fitted did it myself the only problem i had was the rightside feulinjection connection its a real pain to plug in just takes some time good if you can get the missus with small hands but if you want to put free flowing air kits and other things on the powercommander will work better i would love to get one but $900 i a little bit much for me at the moment

At first I also struggling with the left and right side. Than I thought why im not using this tool,

http://www.fishingdirect.nl/webshop/...%20gebogen.jpg

It saves me a lot of time and within minutes I pull the plug off and plug the new one in.

Hopes this help.
    Black Suzuki M90 / M1500R