suzuki boulevard C109R
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: suzuki boulevard C109R

Default suzuki boulevard C109R

What I'm needing to know as I can't test drive for myself as I dont get my licence back for another 3 weeks for speeding over here in Melbourne, as you seem to do, is that I'm very strongly considering buying a Suzuki Boulevard C109R and what I would dearly love to know from all you people out there, am I making the right decision in buying one or not.........
    Would love to hear all the positives and all the negatives about owning and riding one of these bikes.
    I realise at the end of the day its down to personal preference, but I would dearly love to here what you all have to say about it, my previous ride was the honda vtx 1300... loved it....
    Appreciate all feed back...

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

I have had my C-109R for one year and totally love it. Its big, powerful and fast. I have had people comment on it every time I take it out. Probably because there is still only one like it in the Moncton area. The fact that it came with the windshield, bars, bags and lightbar was a plus. It is also liquid cooled so there is nothing to worry about on the hot days.

I highly recommend this bike to anyone, but in your case, be careful. It will get up to 100K in an instant. Watch that new licence!!!!

Talking I love it!

I've had my bike since last July and I absolutely love it. It's a big, heavy beast (787 lbs - dry weight) but it handles very well.

As far as V-Twins, it's power is 2nd only to it's bad-to-the-bone brother, the M109. (The C has a few less HP; but more low-end torque.) You'll definitely notice the power increase coming from a 1300; this things scoots! I think I look like the first time I got on it. I was pleasantly surprised.

The floorboards will scrape easily when taking a turn so you can't lean as far as I think you should be able to. The 240 rear tire takes a couple of days to get used to; after that you won't even notice it. Other than that, it handles very well.

Every time I walk past my bike in the garage I can't get over how good the bike looks.

I would highly recommend this bike. Aftermarket parts like FI controllers, pipes and air kits are now available so you can even improve upon the power.
    109 is a good number...but John 3:16 is the number!
    Michael

Default C109 = License loosing speed

Hey. Glad your considering this bike. I've only had mine for a month now but have put 4k miles on it already. There are always pros and cons to everything you buy, so I'll list the ones that I have noticed so far.

First things first, the bike is huge. I have an RT and it weighs 887 pounds. It is surely a beast that commands attentiion on the road. It definitely handles pretty dang well for how big of a bike it is, but be really careful on the tight twisties in the canyons and such. On my tour I had to keep up with 2 sport touring bikes so it made me feel like the bike couldnt handle as well as I wanted, but when I was alone and not trying to catch up to those little buggers I thought it handeled great!

Gas mileage has been a bit interesting to me. I was getting 40 45 mpg at first and it has now creeped down to about 33 to 36.

Seat comfort is average but never gave me any problems. I'm definitely going to get me an ultimate or something

I had my gf on the back of the bike the other day and the only reason I knew she was there was because of the circulation she was cutting off by holding on so damn tight. This bike was awesome with the extra weight on the back.

Warning: I used to really top off my C50 until I just couldn't put any more gas in it. never leaked anywhere so I always got a little more in there than the 4 gallon tank called for. Not with the C109. lol. I learned the hard way by having gas spewing all over the place while I was on the freeway!

The last thing you should know about is the oil puking problem that seems to be occuring in these bikes

You can read my post about it in the c109 thread and also in the m109 thread. After about 3800 miles the left airbox started puking oil. It wasnt spuing it or anything but just spitting out enough to get little oversprays ont he left engine and on my saddle bags. I'm still trying to resolve the issue with the dealer and I have called Suzuki and they have told me that it is a problem that is occuring with some but not all of the M and C109's. I will not lie, it is quite frustrating, but the more I read the more I found out that it can be resolved. Changing the oil and checking it is a really big pain in the but you need to do it the way the book tells you to or you will have a little disaster on your hands. Btw, in my opinion the oil puking problem has nothing to do with how you change your oil. Just read up on it before you buy. who knows, maybe you wont have a problem with it at all. I'm still satisfied with my bike and if things turn out the way i'm told they will then I have no regrets buying it.

Good luck and please! don't lose your license over this bike. I got mine up to 135 mph on my trip... Talk about a rush!

Good luck!

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by nuffyboy View Post
    What I'm needing to know as I can't test drive for myself as I dont get my licence back for another 3 weeks for speeding over here in Melbourne, as you seem to do, is that I'm very strongly considering buying a Suzuki Boulevard C109R and what I would dearly love to know from all you people out there, am I making the right decision in buying one or not.........
    Would love to hear all the positives and all the negatives about owning and riding one of these bikes.
    I realise at the end of the day its down to personal preference, but I would dearly love to here what you all have to say about it, my previous ride was the honda vtx 1300... loved it....
    Appreciate all feed back...

shoot me a pm with ur email, I can hook ya up with some aussie M109 & C109 riders to get more opinions... I've got my M and LOVE it over 3thou in the first month
    Me.... I came to this straight of a 250cc learner bike - take it easy, baby the thing & enjoy it. Learn how to look after it before ya get carried away, and ya should be juuuust fine!

~Crazy~
    Quote Originally Posted by itsthatfast View Post
    Not everyone is a chromosexual.

Say NO to Chromosexuality
    Black is Back!

Quote Originally Posted by The Piano Man View Post
    Hey. Glad your considering this bike. I've only had mine for a month now but have put 4k miles on it already. There are always pros and cons to everything you buy, so I'll list the ones that I have noticed so far.

First things first, the bike is huge. I have an RT and it weighs 887 pounds. It is surely a beast that commands attentiion on the road. It definitely handles pretty dang well for how big of a bike it is, but be really careful on the tight twisties in the canyons and such. On my tour I had to keep up with 2 sport touring bikes so it made me feel like the bike couldnt handle as well as I wanted, but when I was alone and not trying to catch up to those little buggers I thought it handeled great!

Gas mileage has been a bit interesting to me. I was getting 40 45 mpg at first and it has now creeped down to about 33 to 36.

Seat comfort is average but never gave me any problems. I'm definitely going to get me an ultimate or something

I had my gf on the back of the bike the other day and the only reason I knew she was there was because of the circulation she was cutting off by holding on so damn tight. This bike was awesome with the extra weight on the back.

Warning: I used to really top off my C50 until I just couldn't put any more gas in it. never leaked anywhere so I always got a little more in there than the 4 gallon tank called for. Not with the C109. lol. I learned the hard way by having gas spewing all over the place while I was on the freeway!

The last thing you should know about is the oil puking problem that seems to be occuring in these bikes

You can read my post about it in the c109 thread and also in the m109 thread. After about 3800 miles the left airbox started puking oil. It wasnt spuing it or anything but just spitting out enough to get little oversprays ont he left engine and on my saddle bags. I'm still trying to resolve the issue with the dealer and I have called Suzuki and they have told me that it is a problem that is occuring with some but not all of the M and C109's. I will not lie, it is quite frustrating, but the more I read the more I found out that it can be resolved. Changing the oil and checking it is a really big pain in the but you need to do it the way the book tells you to or you will have a little disaster on your hands. Btw, in my opinion the oil puking problem has nothing to do with how you change your oil. Just read up on it before you buy. who knows, maybe you wont have a problem with it at all. I'm still satisfied with my bike and if things turn out the way i'm told they will then I have no regrets buying it.

Good luck and please! don't lose your license over this bike. I got mine up to 135 mph on my trip... Talk about a rush!

Good luck!
    Thanks boy's for the heads up on the C109R....

All sounds good to me, the only thing extra that I've heard is that some people have had clutch problems with them.
    Maybe its all got to do with how you ride it and treat it.
    Thanks once again Boy's.

Thought I would put this link up for you boys in the states to show you the difference between what we get in Australia as a C109RT and what you boys get in the states...... Australia's version of the C109RT.... What a bloody joke, where's the windshield, sissy bar & saddle bags.....

http://www.suzukimotorcycles.com.au/...rd-c109rt.html

Last edited by nuffyboy; 06-25-2009 at 01:15 AM.

Have mine more than a year now (17k+). Only problem I have is the weight of that thing. Once you ride more than 10km/h it's no problem, very easy to handle/steer.
    Power is great, specialy in low revs, lots of tourque, but you better watch out since you lost your licence already!
    Mechanically no problem, nothing sticks, fell off or broke. The only fault I have is when I ride in heavy rain the high beam controll light comes on (flickering) but the head light operates normaly. I guess some water gets into the switch.
    Good luck with your purchase, by the way try to get as much with your bike as you can, I got saddlebags, 2 helmets and factory service manual included in the price (should have asked for a jacket too!!!).

You need the energy in order to change what you can change,
    you need the peace to accept what you certainly cannot change,
    you need the wisdom to know what you can change and what does not matter anymore anyway

Default i agree

had my C1800 rt intruder (c109rt) since nov I agree with what all the guys have said I would like to add it is everything I ever wanted in a bike and more boy are you going to be surprised on how fast it goes.. and when you first start riding suggest a long straight road as you will steer it around corners because of the length until the tyres get worn in and them white lines com up quick ...
    but it is a crowd puller and everyone reckons its a harley... even harley guys (if you debadge the rear fender.
    I really love my bike and within months you will be throwing it around as if it was a sports bike. would not consider any other bike the good design far outweighs the small percentage of problems talked about in these forums even stock you will cruise at 110 all day long with not a care in the world with plenty more should you need it.
    like most bikes there are must have bits and bobs..

if you have 02 sensors I am working on a project with gman to eliminate the f1 light to enable the bully to work 100 per cent with the sensor models and will keep you updated

keep it upright
    rob

Very Active Member

Sorry to be the negative one here but, I guess there's one in every crowd.
    yes, the C109 is a big bike with a big torque monster for an engine. But I may be the only one here suffering a big case of buyer's remorse. Of course, all bikes are going to have problems whether they are major or minor may depend on your riding style. I ride her easy. The C109 just has some idiosyncrasies that I don't like.
    1. Oil leaks from bevel gear housing keeps the black foam behind the housing cover soaked. This would be major repair as drive shaft and rear wheel must be removed to replace the seal. But why does it need it?
    2. brakes started squealing at about 5000 miles.
    3. Clutch rattles like a bowel full of marbles- get some weird looks from riders of other bikes.
    4. Ticking/Clicking sound from right lower engine area - Started about 6-7 K miles.
    5. No self canceling turn signals.
    6. No hydraulic actuated clutch
    7. windshield not adjustable or easily removed. Consider a new Nomad. I am as soon as I can get back to work.
    2008 Blue/White C109RT waiting for the aftermarket to catch up....

I only have 3k miles on my C and so far it was all I want it to be. After my trip to Laconia wife asked me next time ride slower to be able to see surrounding nature.

Nomad was my other choice but its belt drive and higher price sealed the deal for me. I got C for $9500 for crying out loud. That is a lot of bike for the money. And i was saying that about Nomad before.

So far I don't have any of those problems you described here like sounds/noises/leaks. But I won't go crazy if it starts. As long as it performs the same way I can deal with little quirks. Every bike will have its own little problems.

Hydraulic clutch and windshield are thing that you should check before buying the bike. Its like buying TV without actually checking the picture quality. Can't blame Suzuki for it.

All in all, yeah there are better bikes out there. But would it cost me same $9500? Don't think so. So I am happy with the value I got for my $$.

Quote Originally Posted by CFLAP View Post
    1. Oil leaks from bevel gear housing keeps the black foam behind the housing cover soaked. This would be major repair as drive shaft and rear wheel must be removed to replace the seal. But why does it need it?
    3. Clutch rattles like a bowel full of marbles- get some weird looks from riders of other bikes.
    4. Ticking/Clicking sound from right lower engine area - Started about 6-7 K miles.

Did you not get a warranty?

Info
    I didn't buy a bike for "garage jewlery", I bought something I could ride in the sun, rain, occasional snow, hot, cold, etc.

My C is 13 months old and has 38,000km on it.
    I ride 2 up 95% of the time.
    My typical day ride is 600+km
    I average 30,000km a year and ride 12 months of the year.

Aside from oil and tire changes, I've had to do nothing else to the bike as far as repairs are concerned.

This was my first Suzuki. I've always ridden Hondas and looked at the 9 because of how Suzuki had redefined the heavyweight cruiser with this bike.

I've had 0 complaints with the bike and when I bought it was looking at Nomads, VTXs and VStars.

• I expected it to be heavy (it's over 800 lbs so it's a no brainer)
    • I expected it to use more fuel than the 1300 and 1500cc cruisers, but it will also run circles around the VTX and Vulcans of the 1700cc+ categories.
    • It eats Harleys for breakfast.
    • It corners VERY well despite the worries printed in magazines when it was first released. It has a lower center of gravity to allow it to corner as well as any other cruiser out there.
    • Once the seats are broken in, it's a very comfortable bike to ride and I've found that the larger floorboards allow me to stretch out and not even need highway pegs on the crash bars.
    • It requires a different kind of steering than you would use on a bike with narrower bars (older Shadows, Viragos, etc) since the bars are wider and you have to lean and counter steer more.
    • Best brakes in its class.
    • One of the largest windshields in its class.

Of course with the 08 being the first year it was released, I've had frustrations with aftermarket parts not being available immediately, but they're coming out fast and furious now.
    The windshield's mounting WAS designed by a and should have been set up with a quick release system.
    The bags are smaller than I would have liked.

At the end of the day, I say the same thing to you as anyone else looking for a new bike; Sit on it, take a spin and see if it fits you. Everyone is different, everyone has different needs and rides differently so what suits one person will not suit another.

Quote Originally Posted by DonNJane View Post
    Info
    I didn't buy a bike for "garage jewlery", I bought something I could ride in the sun, rain, occasional snow, hot, cold, etc.

My C is 13 months old and has 38,000km on it.
    I ride 2 up 95% of the time.
    My typical day ride is 600+km
    I average 30,000km a year and ride 12 months of the year.

Aside from oil and tire changes, I've had to do nothing else to the bike as far as repairs are concerned.

This was my first Suzuki. I've always ridden Hondas and looked at the 9 because of how Suzuki had redefined the heavyweight cruiser with this bike.

I've had 0 complaints with the bike and when I bought it was looking at Nomads, VTXs and VStars.

• I expected it to be heavy (it's over 800 lbs so it's a no brainer)
    • I expected it to use more fuel than the 1300 and 1500cc cruisers, but it will also run circles around the VTX and Vulcans of the 1700cc+ categories.
    • It eats Harleys for breakfast.
    • It corners VERY well despite the worries printed in magazines when it was first released. It has a lower center of gravity to allow it to corner as well as any other cruiser out there.
    • Once the seats are broken in, it's a very comfortable bike to ride and I've found that the larger floorboards allow me to stretch out and not even need highway pegs on the crash bars.
    • It requires a different kind of steering than you would use on a bike with narrower bars (older Shadows, Viragos, etc) since the bars are wider and you have to lean and counter steer more.
    • Best brakes in its class.
    • One of the largest windshields in its class.
    Of course with the 08 being the first year it was released, I've had frustrations with aftermarket parts not being available immediately, but they're coming out fast and furious now.
    The windshield's mounting WAS designed by a and should have been set up with a quick release system.
    The bags are smaller than I would have liked.

At the end of the day, I say the same thing to you as anyone else looking for a new bike; Sit on it, take a spin and see if it fits you. Everyone is different, everyone has different needs and rides differently so what suits one person will not suit another.
    100 %

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by DonNJane View Post
    Did you not get a warranty?
    The standard 12mo......................
    2008 Blue/White C109RT waiting for the aftermarket to catch up....

Default got the extended warrenty &...

all that means is the bike is at the shop when we should be riding it.Like now,again.Have a 98 Intruder w/ 90,000 miles on it and has never leaked from the differential the way the C-109 does.Love the bike and all it's power ,but it's only a year old with 11,000 miles on it and they can't stop the leak...anyone else having this problem? if so, how did you fix it?

Quote Originally Posted by bwindsor View Post
    all that means is the bike is at the shop when we should be riding it.Like now,again.Have a 98 Intruder w/ 90,000 miles on it and has never leaked from the differential the way the C-109 does.Love the bike and all it's power ,but it's only a year old with 11,000 miles on it and they can't stop the leak...anyone else having this problem? if so, how did you fix it?
    Do a search on this forum. There have been several reports of this happening. In some cases the leak was actually grease slinging out splines (maybe) and in others there was a seal leaking. The grease eventually stopped and the leaking seal had to be replaced. What has your dealer done to the bike?

This is not a common problem. Yours and CFLAP are they only ones I have heard about on the C109. I disagree with CFLAP that this is a major repair. Taking the wheel and driveshaft off and working on the differential doesn't seem to me to be a major repair. I plan on doing this soon to check the driveshaft splines for grease. This is another problem reported where the factory didn't apply grease and rusting occurred.
    Maroon C109R
    Suzuki Sissy Bar, Saddlebags, and Lightbar, Memphis Fats Windshield and lowers, JSD-3M TRE, Kury ISO Grips, ISO-Pegs for Passenger, and Highway Bars (Longhorn Offset Mount), GBushing, Cobra Fatty Bars, Drilled Baffles in stock pipes, Corbin seat and Driver Backrest

I picked up my C109 a couple of months ago. I had been looking at them for a long time as I like big bikes and the 109 is very striking visually. At first I was a little put off by the weight, but after a few rides I realized that the bike is very nimble for such a beast. The footpegs are quite a bit more forward than I am used to and I found that at first I was trying to put my feet down and finding only air (and road). After riding a Honda Valkyrie for 10 years, it took a while to get used to this. I was also surprised I was to find that the rear break, big car type pedal and all was more effective than any of the bikes I had in the past. I credit this rightly or wrongly with the huge rear tire. The clutch lever, as someone previously pointed out is a gripe. the thing rattles anoyingly and I am at a loss how this poor design could have gotten into the final product. The only other knock is the helmet lock which is totally blocked and useless on the C109. Other than that I would recommend it. The bike draws a lot of interest from the lay public which is always gratifying and the sound, while not as brute as a Harley has a powerful note all it's own. Go for it dude.

Good Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Burt989168 View Post
    I picked up my C109 a couple of months ago. I had been looking at them for a long time as I like big bikes and the 109 is very striking visually. At first I was a little put off by the weight, but after a few rides I realized that the bike is very nimble for such a beast. The footpegs are quite a bit more forward than I am used to and I found that at first I was trying to put my feet down and finding only air (and road). After riding a Honda Valkyrie for 10 years, it took a while to get used to this. I was also surprised I was to find that the rear break, big car type pedal and all was more effective than any of the bikes I had in the past. I credit this rightly or wrongly with the huge rear tire. The clutch lever, as someone previously pointed out is a gripe. the thing rattles anoyingly and I am at a loss how this poor design could have gotten into the final product. The only other knock is the helmet lock which is totally blocked and useless on the C109. Other than that I would recommend it. The bike draws a lot of interest from the lay public which is always gratifying and the sound, while not as brute as a Harley has a powerful note all it's own. Go for it dude.

Good Luck!
    Congratulations on the new bike! I love mine.

I don't know if the the rear tire has anything to do with the good rear braking on the c109 but the linked brakes definately do. There are three pistons in each front caliper. Two engage when the front brake is applied. The third is linked to the rear brake system. So when you hit the rear brake both wheels help stop you.

For such a big bike it stops great!
    Maroon C109R
    Suzuki Sissy Bar, Saddlebags, and Lightbar, Memphis Fats Windshield and lowers, JSD-3M TRE, Kury ISO Grips, ISO-Pegs for Passenger, and Highway Bars (Longhorn Offset Mount), GBushing, Cobra Fatty Bars, Drilled Baffles in stock pipes, Corbin seat and Driver Backrest

Quote Originally Posted by lawr1000 View Post
    Congratulations on the new bike! I love mine.

I don't know if the the rear tire has anything to do with the good rear braking on the c109 but the linked brakes definately do. There are three pistons in each front caliper. Two engage when the front brake is applied. The third is linked to the rear brake system. So when you hit the rear brake both wheels help stop you.

For such a big bike it stops great!

Thanks Lawman. I learn something new every day.

I have to agree about the clutch lever rattleing. I tend to rest one finger on it when I am on a bumpy road to stop the noise. I've tried to adjust the clutch cable but I don't like the way the clutch engages when it is set up enough to stop the rattle. And the helmet lock is totally useless where it is positioned. Great bike, but a few flaws that should have been fixed at the drawing board stage.

Quote Originally Posted by tranceman View Post
    I have to agree about the clutch lever rattleing. I tend to rest one finger on it when I am on a bumpy road to stop the noise. I've tried to adjust the clutch cable but I don't like the way the clutch engages when it is set up enough to stop the rattle. And the helmet lock is totally useless where it is positioned. Great bike, but a few flaws that should have been fixed at the drawing board stage.
    The clutch lever needs to be that loose. When rolling on the the throttle it will tighten up. If your clutch lever is too tight it will actually start releasing the clutch as you accelerate. The m109 guys think it may also be releated to clutch cable snapping problems reported by quite a few.

As much as I hate the rattle I'm leaving it. As a side note I've been on other bikes that rattled too.
    Maroon C109R

Very Active Member grandpatractor's Avatar

I have never noticed a rattle. I'll have to look at that now and see what I find.
    J.D.

AKA Big King Daddy $hi+

Default Don't have an rt but-

yes, the C109 is a big bike with a big torque monster for an engine. But I may be the only one here suffering a big case of buyer's remorse. Of course, all bikes are going to have problems whether they are major or minor may depend on your riding style. I ride her easy. The C109 just has some idiosyncrasies that I don't like.
    7. windshield not adjustable or easily removed. Consider a new Nomad. I am as soon as I can get back to work.
    I have an M109 love it , it is a 2006
    one of the first in this area no problems
    rear rotor was replaced under warranty
    I probably would have gotten an RT 109
    if they had one then
    But this past Saturday at a rally held by my local
    Yamaha/Suzuki/Kawasaki dealer I had a chance to see the
    new Kawi voyager I was really impressed they had a one
    day sale it was priced at a little over 15k
    just wouldn't fit in my budget though
    I think it was 1700 cc's with a 6 speed loaded
    like a Wing or a Venture
    OLDDOG

Quote Originally Posted by olddog View Post
    But this past Saturday at a rally held by my local
    Yamaha/Suzuki/Kawasaki dealer I had a chance to see the
    new Kawi voyager I was really impressed they had a one
    day sale it was priced at a little over 15k
    just wouldn't fit in my budget though
    I think it was 1700 cc's with a 6 speed loaded
    like a Wing or a Venture
    That is one sweet-looking ride. The only negative thing that I've read about it is the lack of power. One article said Kawi brought everything but power with this bike.
    109 is a good number...but John 3:16 is the number!
    Michael

Hey Guys,
    My clutch lever rattled also and like you, it drove me frickin crazy! What I did was got some stainless shim stock about .020" thick. I cut it out about the size of a silver dollar, punched a hole in the center, (if I remember about 5/16) placed it on top of the clutch lever. Reinstalled the lever with the shim on TOP, pushed the bolt through the shim and lever and tightened it up as you would normally...Worked like a champ....Keep in mind though, that each bike may require more or less shim stock. Any material, I'm sure would work, such as Stainless, Aluminum, Brass etc...... I have put about 5k miles on mine since the mod and so far it works great......Don't forget to lube it up like you would your lever.. Best part about this is that you maintain the required free travel and ease of movement.... and it's invisible.
    Last edited by Skip D; 09-11-2009 at 12:20 PM.
    Later on, Skip D

Blue/White 08 C109RT
    Iso Grips, Cobra Classic Pass Boards, BULLY FI Cont. Drilled Pipes, Suzuki Luggage Rack Saddlemen Desperado Express Trunk Bag.

Great idea, Skip....Too bad I don't have THIS problem.
    De-badged '08 C109R featuring: GMan Industries Bully, Stealth Intakes, TRE, GBushing, GBat, and Riser Extender; Kuryakyn ISO Grips w/ThrottleBoss and Longhorn Offset Dually Highway Pegs; Cobra Light Bar and Fatty Freeway Bars; Suzuki Passenger Floorboards and Backrest; Ultimate Seats; and Auburn Leather Company Ultimate Legend Saddlebags mounted on Edge Saddlebag Brackets

Hopefully, it helps someone...........
    Later on, Skip D

Blue/White 08 C109RT
    Iso Grips, Cobra Classic Pass Boards, BULLY FI Cont. Drilled Pipes, Suzuki Luggage Rack Saddlemen Desperado Express Trunk Bag.

Default clutch rattle, et al

I've got a 2008 C109RT that has about 26000 miles on it (about 42000 km) in the last 14 months. I had the rattle in the clutch, but took it back to the dealer and they did a minor adjustment to the handle and it has worked fine since.

I was wondering if anyone can let me know how to make the proper adjustment to my headlight. My low beam seems to be a bit high, and that was before I put in my bikerbuddy modulator (modulates between low beam and high beam at 4 cycles per second when the high beam is on during daylight).

Also, is there anyone besides Dunlap that makes tires for the 2008 model? As they seem to hold a monopoly on this these tires, the price is high and availablility is moderatly low. I appreciate yor input.

Quote Originally Posted by musicguyfbccw View Post
    I was wondering if anyone can let me know how to make the proper adjustment to my headlight. My low beam seems to be a bit high, and that was before I put in my bikerbuddy modulator (modulates between low beam and high beam at 4 cycles per second when the high beam is on during daylight).
    There is a hole on the back of the headlight (right side). Insert a 3mm hex wrench and you can adjust the headlight up and down. You will move both the high and low beam simultaneously.

Quote Originally Posted by musicguyfbccw View Post
    Also, is there anyone besides Dunlap that makes tires for the 2008 model? As they seem to hold a monopoly on this these tires, the price is high and availablility is moderatly low. I appreciate yor input.
    There have been several discussion on this already. Try this one.
    Maroon C109R

Hi, C109R Bullyvard here. I purchased a quick release Windscreen rom the States a few months ago - it's a quick release Windscreen $240 USD which I can take on and off in about 10 seconds. You've also got to get the docking brackets for it at $100 USD through ebay. I've also just sourced new Leather Saddlebags (through Edgeleather.com) and they are also quick release system Bags were $300 USD and the Brackets (called Ghost Brackets) for $165. It's well worth spending the money so that I can do some touring and then quickly remove it all for the super cool cruising look! Do your research and don't rush into anything as there are some great products out there for our bikes that are quick release. PS buying my gear from the States at the moment I'm saving roughly half price on everything that you can buy it here in Australia and that's means more parts for our bikes