M109 Rider Forums banner

Chrome M109R wheels from Simmons Motorworks in Georgia

12K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  Bendog 
#1 ·
I'm sure they do good work, but still wanted to hear what you guys have to say and if you've had any problems with your wheels?

Thanks!

#6 ·
I just had mine put on last week and got about 250 miles on them. Balanced with stick on weights for now, will upgrade to dyna beads next tire change. Ran up to 115mph so far and no problems. Only thing you most likely would encounter is needing to maching some off the inner diameter of the rear roter. When the chrome is built up on the larger rear wheel it will be out of spec on clearance. Simmons is the best, don't let this stop you. Everyone has nothing but good things to say about Chip and he's a great guy to work with. I will go to him for all my chrome needs.

#10 ·
I bought a set from Simmons this past spring. I think they came out flawless and my bike looks 1000 times better. I had an awful experience with a chrome guy from California before to going with Simmons. I wasted valuable time and money dealing with the "other" guy. Go with Simmon's, you won't regret it. :bigthumbsup: I plan on sending him some other parts and pieces this winter for chrome too.

#14 ·
Chip did my wheels and the chrome came out terrific. I was in an accident between the time I got my rims and when I was supposed to send them back, and Chip was very understanding. The quality of the chrome work was top-notch.

Do be aware that you (or your shop) may have to do a little grinding to get the wheel and hub to mate again. This isn't really Chip's fault--the tolerances for the splines are too close to allow them to mate easily after chroming. But it's an easy thing to fix, and again, the chrome looks great.
I didn't have to do any grinding at all. Just slapped on the bling:bigthumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.