Exactly How Much Engine Oil goes into the M109R?

Thread: Exactly How Much Engine Oil goes into the M109R?

Default Exactly How Much Engine Oil goes into the M109R?

Hello Friends, Does anyone know how much Engine Oil goes into the Suzuki M109R? I had the dealership do an Oil change for me yesterday; boy did they goof it up, they left one of the drain plugs hand tight, it was leaking oil while it stood there on the kick-stand, lucky I cought it before I rode off. Now the Oil isn't showing on my dip stick, so I assume they didn't put in the right amount. 3400ml is equal to 4 quarts, if I'm to think I'm right, but they used 4 quarts per the receipt, but why is the oil not showing on the dip stick, it didn't leak but a few drips. So anyone can help, I'd be much appreciated. Thank You before hand. Matt

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by LocalM109 View Post
    Hello Friends, Does anyone know how much Engine Oil goes into the Suzuki M109R? I had the dealership do an Oil change for me yesterday; boy did they goof it up, they left one of the drain plugs hand tight, it was leaking oil while it stood there on the kick-stand, lucky I cought it before I rode off. Now the Oil isn't showing on my dip stick, so I assume they didn't put in the right amount. 3400ml is equal to 4 quarts, if I'm to think I'm right, but they used 4 quarts per the receipt, but why is the oil not showing on the dip stick, it didn't leak but a few drips. So anyone can help, I'd be much appreciated. Thank You before hand. Matt
    It's 3.8 quarts with a filter change and 3.6 without. You need to let the bike run for 15 minutes, turn it off for 3 minutes and check it with you sitting on the bike or on a jack stand.
    C-One
    Army of One
    SFC, Retired, Signal Corp.
    "Jesus is LORD!!!"
    " I'm Gods child and a Jesus kind of man"

Default Cool, I know Jesus!

Many thanks! I'll go do just that. My dealership did a poor job, unfortunately; there won't be a next time. Time to do all my own work, I was a mechanic for several years, it's hard just to have some-one do a simple Oil change; especially a motorcycle. Matt

Checking the oil in this bike can be a challenge.

If you leave the bike sitting overnight you can check it on the side stand while it is cold. The dip stick needs to be screwed all the way in to check the level this way.

Other than that , just let it idle for at least 15 minutes, turn it off and let it sit upright for 3 minutes, check the oil without screwing the dipstick in.

I normally check mine after a ride, I would rather ride than let my bike idle for 15 minutes. Just let it idle for a couple of minutes ,shut it off, and sit upright for 3.

I always add 4 quarts when I change oil, 28,000 miles and no overfills.

If you rock the bike side to side after it looks like it is stopped draining you can fit 4 quarts in here with a filter change. Do people change there oil and not filter? I would hope not.
    Bang for the Buck Mods link CLICK HERE

Default Oil Level Blues

Hello All, Well, I left it sitting over-nite, I checked it with the dip stick screwed in and it's right at the top of the graph or grid marks on the stick itself. So I guess it's right at 4 qts; OK level, also the oil lights not on, so I guess too; that's a good thing. I'm going to do all my own work from here on out, that way I know it's done by the book or I'm at fault if something goes wrong. I'm fairly certain of my abilities, so an- LOF should be easy. I can take the old oil to work for disposal. At 100 bucks for an oil change, doesn't that defeat the perpose of saving money on fuel? Good God, dealerships are a "Rip-Off" for a oil change! Geesh, especially when they goof. I should have taken it to the regular LOF center, at least they are reasonable for labor. Now I feel ripped-off, makes me furious to think about it. Oh well, I'll get over it. Matt

Default Oil amount

If using 1 4qt bottle of Amsoil or any other brand, the correct amount without filter will leave about 3 inches left in the container after filling. I save it, eventually I will have enough to do one change
    OLDDOG

Default $114.00 Oil Change!

Hello Guys, I'm hell bent over the $114.00 Oil Change! That's a Rip-Off to say the least, also they left the drain plug loose. So I'm calling the manager today, to gripe". I'll see if they're going to make things right with me, or lose a customer for life. This will be interesting; I'm going to be nice, but I want to see if they even care about how I feel, "over a benjamin for an LOF is rediculous. I can see half that, but that's just too much money right now, times are tuff, money is hard earned. ARRGGG!

Quote Originally Posted by rynosback View Post
    If you rock the bike side to side after it looks like it is stopped draining you can fit 4 quarts in here with a filter change. Do people change there oil and not filter? I would hope not.
    Check the owner's manual. You know what they recommend changing the oil at, but the filter is only at the 600 mile service and not again until the 11,000 mile service.

I change mine every oil change. I've never changed the oil on anything without changing the filter too.

Life has no remote control, get up and change it yourself.

If you change the oil and the oil filter, only put "120 ounces of oil" in your bike. No less and no more than that and it should be just fine. This is my 4th oil change and I have never had any problems yet with it being low or puking oil.

Default Spoke with the manager of the shop

Hello All, I had a chat with the manager of the dealership; he asked me to bring the bike back in and he would personally check it out for me. He knew allot about this motorcycle, so I'd trust him to check things over. The mechanic didn't open both drain plugs, so he did it half way. They will comp me another oil change; but I'm thinking from now on, they can take my used oil to dispose of. I'm not going to let anyone touch my motorcycle without going through an interview through myself, they had better know something about the bike or I'll take it elsewhere. It's hard to find a good mechanic, all I ask is honesty and if they feel qualified to work on it. I just wanted treated like it was there own, or they want to fix it right. I always made sure every nut, bolt, washer and so on went back on the vehicle, they are put there for a reason, so I didn't cut corners, if it has two drain plugs, those plugs both need to be removed. That way all the trapped oil is drained. So it's time to find a good mechanic during my days off work. This way I will be comfortable with my choice when it comes time to do repairs or maintenance I don't feel like performing. Ride safe, enjoy the ride. Matt

Very Active Member

The mechanic didn't open both drain plugs, so he did it half way.
    So, you either got half an oil change or 1.5 oil changes. If they only removed one plug, half your oil is the old oil and half is new. If they only removed one plug and put the recommended amount in, then your over filled and will soon be puking oil out the left air cleaner. I would tell them to redo the job and this time take both plugs out. I would not accept a comp. Tell them to do it again the right way.
    Bob
    2008 Blue/White C109RT waiting for the aftermarket to catch up....