your chrome drive shaft hub cover

Thread: your chrome drive shaft hub cover

Default your chrome drive shaft hub cover

im plaining on getting chrome wheels for my bike and was thinking about a chrome drive shaft and hub cover.i wanted to see yours and hear what you have to say about it.thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

I have the Suzuki drive shaft cover and I polished my final drive/hub. From what I have heard, the hub cover that is made is very thin plastic (Halloween mask like). Seems like most people are not happy with it.

HD ETR

thanks bobby i was trying to keep from polishing i did some wheels on my other bike and after time i found it a pain in the a$$ as far as keep up gos. thanks for the info on the cover i didnt know how the plastic chrome held up?

Word is they are making them out of thicker plastic. Credit card thickness is what I have heard from a member selling a extra one he ordered.

Heres a pic of the chrome fx cover Dlp sells... Its not the best quality in the world but it does the job.

thanks tin i think dlp got that one on sale now.now long have you had it and do you like it?them are some nice wheels you got there!

Quote Originally Posted by ajvossman View Post
    thanks tin i think dlp got that one on sale now.now long have you had it and do you like it?them are some nice wheels you got there!
    Ive had it on since late Jan. Its holding up fine The problem most people have with it is its just so dang overpriced for a chrome "halloween mask" If you can get it on sale go for it.
    Thanks for the props on the wheels

Not to jack this thread but did the guys with the Zuki drive shaft cover notice that it doesn't fit close to the shaft but rather sits away from it? Mine was either sitting nice and close and even on top of the pumkin nuts or it was sitting tight with the shaft but not both. I chose to have it sit even with the bolts since that shows the most. It didn't seem like a very good fit at all but it works.
    ACTS 17:11 bbfva.org

There you go...

Default wheels

BTW who did your chrome wheels ?? I am shopping around for a good reliable vendor....

crossq

Quote Originally Posted by booda View Post
    Not to jack this thread but did the guys with the Zuki drive shaft cover notice that it doesn't fit close to the shaft but rather sits away from it? Mine was either sitting nice and close and even on top of the pumkin nuts or it was sitting tight with the shaft but not both. I chose to have it sit even with the bolts since that shows the most. It didn't seem like a very good fit at all but it works.
    I ordered one and it fit so bad I sent it back. There is a welded sleeve on the inside that the hose clamp runs through. Where this sleeve is situated seems to cause a pivot point preventing the cover from fitting tight to the shaft. The dealer is ordering another one in hopes that a new one may have the sleeve welded in a different spot ensuring a better fit.
    "I used to think I was indecisive, now I'm not sure . . . "