M109 Rider Forums banner

BREAKWAY CRUISE CONTROL WIHTH SHOW CHROME GRIPS HELP WITH INSTALL

1K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  amvince 
#1 · (Edited)
BREAKWAY CRUISE CONTROL WIHTH SHOW CHROME GRIPS HELP WITH INSTALL PICTURES ADDED

Is there? anybody that has this setup. I watched the Cruiser Customizing video and it didn't help. My issue Is the installing the bottom part that attached to the brake. It is too short and I can't reach the brake lever screw. Just checking to see if anybody has run into this issue. I think I maybe able to solve it by adding a spacer to it but if you have any tips please let me know.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
if you are using stock levers the type of grips should not make a difference . sounds to me like something's not adjusted properly . can you post a pic of the issue .

Sent from my ultra cool Lightningbolt using Slapatalk

#5 ·
I can get it much closer to the screw but I figured it would be easier to see this way. According to this video it should install this way.

#6 ·
I had the same issue when I was installing mine. I had knife levers and I has to use a longer screw and Some washers to get the breakaway to reach the lever. If you are using the stock levers you should not have a problem.
Luis

#7 ·
It isn't the switch I am coming up about 1/2 inch short on reaching the screw. I think it is the type of grips I have. They don't allow the breakaway to move far enough down the grip.

#9 ·
I made a spacer tonight and now just need to get it dialed in. I tried washers but mine was so far away I needed too many. I hope to be able to finish by tomorrow since the neighbors probably don't want too hear me messing around at 10:p.m. to get it working. Thanks for all the suggestions.

#10 ·
I have a Breakaway on a stock handle.
In your first picture I see there is a large gap between the Breakaway body and the switch body.
Is that the permanent position, or have you moved the Breakaway closer?
Mine is very close (about 1/8") and the Breakaway arm reaches the brake lever pivot point easily.

#11 ·
It is because of the grips. The grips have a large chrome part right before the switch housing. I hope my spacer works. I will find out tonight.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.