O2 Sensor question

Thread: O2 Sensor question

Default O2 Sensor question

Many apologies guys if this has been asked before (I'm fairly certain it has). Ok, I relaced the left hand air filter on my 2012 M109R tonight - it got scratched by the garage door, my fault - anyhow, after I'd removed the air filter there was the wire from the O2 sensor just lying there. It's connected to the pipe on the other side, but not going anywhere. The bike has a set of V&H pipes on it. Do I need this re-connected or will it be ok as it is? Any ideas??

Many thanks

Alan

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

US bikes did not come with O2 sensors. However, there is probably a plug for them in the harness. But, if the ECU is not expecting to see O2 sensors there's probably not much use in plugging it in. The plugs may not even match.

That is unless you have a Power Commander or other fuel control that needs the O2 sensor signal.

Default wire from the O2 sensor just lying there. It's connected to the pipe on the other sid

Quote Originally Posted by mesmer View Post
    Many apologies guys if this has been asked before (I'm fairly certain it has). Ok, I relaced the left hand air filter on my 2012 M109R tonight - it got scratched by the garage door, my fault - anyhow, after I'd removed the air filter there was the wire from the O2 sensor just lying there. It's connected to the pipe on the other side, but not going anywhere. The bike has a set of V&H pipes on it. Do I need this re-connected or will it be ok as it is? Any ideas??

Many thanks

Alan
    So what you are saying the new pipes have O2 sensors screwed in?
    One in each pipe?
    Last edited by thevili; 04-21-2017 at 08:29 AM.
    M109R 2011 Black, 2" lowering bones, air horn, flash to pass garage door opener, Brakeaway Cruise Control, V-stream windshield, Back Off Brake hold, OEM engine guards, Cobra One Piece rear luggage carrier, Cobra Tri Pro 2 in 1 Black exhaust, Cobra FI 2000 AT fuel processor.

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by mesmer View Post

Many thanks

Alan
    Alan
    Australian spec bikes same as Euro spec so work with O2 sensor on each header pipe, V&H for our bikes do not have O2 sensor bosses to fit the sensor in to so, have you got O2 sensors in your header pipes? If so then the cable should be plugged in. If you haven't got O2 sensors in the header pipes then doesn't matter if cable is plugged in. Do you have a tuner under the seat eg: Power commander, Fi2000, if so then the cable may be unplugged for a reason and have an O2 eliminator plug fitted.