Pipes/power commander - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pipes/power commander

Very Active Member

The PCV for the 9 only controls the fuel, it doesn't have the ignition option.

The X-TRE doesn't really "adjust" the timing, it fools the bike into thinking it's in 4th gear all the time, so the 4th gear (least restrictive) maps available on the ECU are used. This does not only effect timing, but also the secondary throttle plates, SET valve, fuel maps, etc......

So the X-TRE shouldn't really be thought of as just a timing advance device.
    Last edited by Kratos109; 05-18-2017 at 08:40 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member FlyingCircus's Avatar

Installed my Vance & Hines Big Shots last night and got rid of the cervo crap and heavy bracket

Does the Exhaust Servo Eliminator just shut off the FI light or is there any other things that would mess with the ECU
    Last edited by FlyingCircus; 05-18-2017 at 09:17 PM.

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingCircus View Post
    Installed my Vance & Hines Big Shots last night and got rid of the cervo crap and heavy bracket

Does it just shut off the FI light or is there any other things that would mess with the ECU

Sorry, not quite sure what you are asking.

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Sorry

I edited my post I meant the exhaust servo eliminator

I'm assuming it just gets rid of the FI light, which I want anyway in case of issues with other components failing

Just want to make sure it's not messing with ECU in other ways until I get the part
    Last edited by FlyingCircus; 05-18-2017 at 09:20 PM.

Very Active Member

Sorry

I edited my post I meant the exhaust servo eliminator

Yea, it fools the bike in to thinking the servo is still there, so it doesn't throw the FI light.

It may run in "limp" mode with the FI light on, I can't remember if the exhaust servo being disconnected causes it to run in limp mode or not. If so, it won't hurt anything, may just be down on power.
    Last edited by Kratos109; 05-18-2017 at 09:24 PM.

well I don't want "limp mode"

No need for the little blue pill Dammit

Very Active Member

well I don't want "limp mode"

No need for the little blue pill Dammit

Your whole bike is a big blue pill....... should be fine

Ignition Module

Part Number: 6-81
    Price: $ 359.95

next purchase for mine then off to the dyno to get each cylinder and each gear mapped.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0850.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	100.3 KB 
ID:	351330Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2965.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	67.6 KB 
ID:	351338 here you can see the two O2 sensors in my exhaust and the autotune module behind the stebel
    Last edited by Pez18; 05-22-2017 at 07:15 AM. Reason: pics

Noise Makers

LOL

I guess it is a big blue pill

There is definitely no limp mode with the FI light on

Bike pulls harder than with the shorty OEM with no baffles

must be a better setup for the PCV cause I can definitely feel the difference

Pez

How do you like the auto tune?

Pez

How do you like the auto tune?
    I love it bike is smoother than when i bought it, very easy to adjust trim tables as well, I still want to put it on the dyno again just to check as it as been 7 years since the last one.

Noise Makers

So thanks for all the input and advice. I have been struggling with the decision to put 2k or more to a 5 year old bike. I decided to trade my 109 in on a Harley. Price is negotiated on my choice of either the street glide or road glide. I am leaning hard toward the street glide, but really like the headlights on the road glide. Anyway have an appt to sign the papers tomorrow morning. Anyone care to talk some sense in to me? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SHUNT View Post
    So thanks for all the input and advice. I have been struggling with the decision to put 2k or more to a 5 year old bike. I decided to trade my 109 in on a Harley. Price is negotiated on my choice of either the street glide or road glide. I am leaning hard toward the street glide, but really like the headlights on the road glide. Anyway have an appt to sign the papers tomorrow morning. Anyone care to talk some sense in to me? Lol

Well I won't tell you how to spend your money. However I will point out that you started this post asking about adding power to the 9. A bike that stock will far out perform either of the HD bikes mentioned. You will need to invest A lot more than 2k into either HD to get them anywhere close to the power you already have. So from a power standpoint I would say put that pen down and run! That being said if you are going for a softer ride with more amenities than the HD might be a good option. (I would rather have a F6B or Vic XC, but that's just me)

BOTM: SEPT 2016
    'Veni, Vidi, Velcro' - I came, I saw, I stuck around.

Very Active Member

I think you're about to make a HUGE mistake. With what they're likely giving you for your 9, and the cost of either of the Harley bikes you mentioned, you're going to be out of much more than $2k to $5k. In addition, you're going to end up with a bike that's far inferior in power, performance, and appeal. The M109R is pound for pound, and dollar for dollar the best cruiser bike on the market, in my opinion. If you're looking to trade for a bike more comfortable in terms of riding posture, there's bikes like the Victory XC, HONDA F6B, Kawasaki Vaquero, which are much smoother riding bikes than those profusely shaking and vibrating Harley bikes. Also, in order to get any of those Harley bikes anywhere close to the appeal of the 9, you're going to have to spend quite a bit more than even $5k. It is my opinion, that by trading your 9 for a Harley is a major step backward, and I think you'll regret it, once you realize just how much you gave up to only have a inferior performing bike.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrtallguy67 View Post
    Well I won't tell you how to spend your money. However I will point out that you started this post asking about adding power to the 9. A bike that stock will far out perform either of the HD bikes mentioned. You will need to invest A lot more than 2k into either HD to get them anywhere close to the power you already have. So from a power standpoint I would say put that pen down and run! That being said if you are going for a softer ride with more amenities than the HD might be a good option. (I would rather have a F6B or Vic XC, but that's just me)
    I've been thinking of your exact point. The stage kits on the Harley's are expensive and have to be done by their techs to keep the warranty. I was also considering buying a new 109 and then adding upgrades to that. That would be a hell of a lot cheaper as well.

Quote Originally Posted by JUDAH-9 View Post
    I think you're about to make a HUGE mistake. With what they're likely giving you for your 9, and the cost of either of the Harley bikes you mentioned, you're going to be out of much more than $2k to $5k. In addition, you're going to end up with a bike that's far inferior in power, performance, and appeal. The M109R is pound for pound, and dollar for dollar the best cruiser bike on the market, in my opinion. If you're looking to trade for a bike more comfortable in terms of riding posture, there's bikes like the Victory XC, HONDA F6B, Kawasaki Vaquero, which are much smoother riding bikes than those profusely shaking and vibrating Harley bikes. Also, in order to get any of those Harley bikes anywhere close to the appeal of the 9, you're going to have to spend quite a bit more than even $5k. It is my opinion, that by trading your 9 for a Harley is a major step backward, and I think you'll regret it, once you realize just how much you gave up to only have a inferior performing bike.
    All good points. I wasn't necessarily concerned about spending a little more and I know I'll never add enough performance to the Harley to match the stock 109. If i end up regretting it i can always sell it and buy a new 109. As far as the vibration goes the new Milwaukee 8 107 is much smoother compared to the 103.

Very Active Member

All good points. I wasn't necessarily concerned about spending a little more and I know I'll never add enough performance to the Harley to match the stock 109. If i end up regretting it i can always sell it and buy a new 109. As far as the vibration goes the new Milwaukee 8 107 is much smoother compared to the 103.

Each time you decide to go in a different direction, and trade a bike for the purchase of another, you're going to be losing money in the process. If possible, and if money is not an issue for you, you may want to consider keeping your 9, and purchasing the Harley you want. At the end of the day, it is your choice, and you'll have to live with the results of your decision. I just replied, because you asked for opinions, or for someone to talk you out of the terrible mistake you're about to make.

Good luck with everything, and I hope you decide to keep the treasure that you already have.

Quote Originally Posted by JUDAH-9 View Post
    Each time you decide to go in a different direction, and trade a bike for the purchase of another, you're going to be losing money in the process. If possible, and if money is not an issue for you, you may want to consider keeping your 9, and purchasing the Harley you want. At the end of the day, it is your choice, and you'll have to live with the results of your decision. I just replied, because you asked for opinions, or for someone to talk you out of the terrible mistake you're about to make.

Good luck with everything, and I hope you decide to keep the treasure that you already have.
    Definitely appreciate the input. I may just have to delay the decision and go spend a few hours on the 109 this morning to think it through.

[QUOTE=SHUNT;3792489]I've been thinking of your exact point. The stage kits on the Harley's are expensive and have to be done by their techs to keep the warranty. I was also considering buying a new 109 and then adding upgrades to that. That would be a hell of a lot cheaper as well.

Great point, Buying a brand new 109 and adding all the bells and whistles would be a hell of a lot cheaper. I like those HD Street and Rode glides to, but I also know what they are incapable of and thats not measuring up to the power and performance of a nine. I test rode a Victory XTC one day the dealer loaned it to me for the entire day (which was awesome i must say). But an hour and a half into the ride i was like, "What the **** am I doing!?" LOL. It felt like my passion for riding was dead. I held on to the bike for a few more hours just so I didn't make the dealer feel bad for being so nice to me and ripped rubber outta there. But back to the point of the HD's they are just to damn expensive of a build 5k to 15K to STILL not meet the Performance of a M109r. If its a smoother ride your looking for, An X-TRE and front and back AirRide suspension will fix all of that Problem solved. And your still around 3k on that mod alone.
    Clear tall Vstream / OEM Black Engine guard / Black Kuryakyn Dully Foot pegs/ PowrPro Black / REVO 6" Bass Cannon/ Some 9 L.E.D.s / Revo Rear cowl LED / Swampwork LED Rear turn signals / Corbin Seat.

I pulled the trigger on Saturday and traded for the 17 street glide special. Appreciate all the opinions, but at the end of the day I just wanted to try something different after 5 years on my 109. So far I'm happy with my decision.

Very Active Member BIG MIKE 109R's Avatar

I pulled the trigger on Saturday and traded for the 17 street glide special. Appreciate all the opinions, but at the end of the day I just wanted to try something different after 5 years on my 109. So far I'm happy with my decision.

Congrats on the new ride!!

JESUS IS LORD! 2008 Candy Max Orange Debeavered, Yana Shiki 2" bones, Grasshopper backrest, V&H Big Shots, Dunlop Elite-3 250/D251 150, LED brake lights, micro brite rear turn signals, Arlen Ness billet chrome grips, smoothie rear fender, ATRE, Wolo horn, Scorp motor mounts, Gel seat, Chrome M109R derby cover, A&R 6K HID.
    I fly low, those who fly low, fly long! BIG MIKE

Very Active Member

😊👍...enjoy!!!