Corbin Smuggler Trunk

Thread: Corbin Smuggler Trunk

Default Corbin Smuggler Trunk

So a word of warning. I just bought a Corbin Seat, backrest, and Smuggler trunk for my 9. The seat is good, but the backrest doesn't mate to the seat well. Its like they were made by two different people that didn't bother to see if it even fit before shipping it off. I'm going to have to drill into the seat to get the screws for the backrest to align.

The smuggler trunk is such a bad fit that its warped and nothing even come close to aligning with the bolting points. I have to decide whether to demand a refund of just bend the bars and make my own drill holes to fix what was not made well.

Word of warning to anyone thinking of buying these.

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

For the price you paid i would contact corbin and either have the crap replaced with proper fitting parts or your money back. I could understand reworking junk from a known cheap crap dealer but when you pay the kind of money corbin charges then the parts BETTER be RIGHT and all i need to do is bolt it on!

Very Active Member BIG MIKE 109R's Avatar

I would contact the vendor for full satisfaction. You should not have to alter the product. The feedback will allow him to exercise customer service and review quality assurance.
    Last edited by BIG MIKE 109R; 1 Week Ago at 10:55 PM.

JESUS IS LORD! 2008 Candy Max Orange Debeavered, Yana Shiki 2" bones, Grasshopper backrest, V&H Big Shots, Dunlop Elite-3 250/D251 150, LED brake lights, micro brite rear turn signals, Arlen Ness billet chrome grips, smoothie rear fender, ATRE, Wolo horn, Scorp motor mounts, Gel seat, Chrome M109R derby cover, A&R 6K HID.
    I fly low, those who fly low, fly long! BIG MIKE

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

There were a few threads on this a few years ago! Seems that quality control on these is non-existent!

98% of all Harleys solld are still on the road...the other 2% made it back home

Had a similar issue with a smuggler I bought from them. My paint still had finger prints on it and was still wet. I will never purchase another item from Corbin. You can see the pics in my thread.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar

There is a lot of talk on the spdyerlovers site that the quality of the fit and finish is not good on their saddle bags either. Especially in the past 1-2 years. Maybe they should stick with the seats. I had corbin bags and fairing on my M109 and I thought it was excellent. But that was in 2008.

It's a shame, Corbin used to be a great place. One of the first things I would do is put one of their Gun Fighter seats on whatever bike I had. I have a Smuggler on my bike, and except for having to use a few washers to get things lined up, it fits great. And the paint job is excellent, matches my stock paint perfectly, even down to the amount of metal flake in it.

Sorry to hear about this. Hopefully they will make it right.
    SILVER 2006 M109R. Corbin Smuggler, Low & Mean chrome chin scoop and Reeper front fender, Mean Cycles T-Rex speedo trim, Cobra Tri-Pro exhaust, LA Choppers xXx Big Air intakes, D2Moto tail light, Kuryakin clear signals, Yana Shiki One Inch Drop Risers, BreakAway Cruise Control, Suzuki Full Cut Gel Seat, JDA Chrome Fork Caps.

sorry to hear that. I always wanted a smuggler. Good luck and contact them first
    One who leads with no followers is merely taking a walk

I love the seat. The backrest is workable.... I was really looking forward to the extra stash space of the smuggler, to keep extra allen wrenches, manuals, registration, etc. Too bad.

I sent them an email asking for a refund today. Will keep you post.

lb

Quote Originally Posted by LoBlo View Post
    I love the seat. The backrest is workable.... I was really looking forward to the extra stash space of the smuggler, to keep extra allen wrenches, manuals, registration, etc. Too bad.

I sent them an email asking for a refund today. Will keep you post.

lb
    If they had sent that junk to me I would have been on the phone with them right away. Whomever was on the other end would have wished they had not answered the call.

Very Active Member BIG MIKE 109R's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TRod View Post
    If they had sent that junk to me I would have been on the phone with them right away. Whomever was on the other end would have wished they had not answered the call.
    I agree, the telephone call for verbal communication and email for documentation.

JESUS IS LORD! 2008 Candy Max Orange Debeavered, Yana Shiki 2" bones, Grasshopper backrest, V&H Big Shots, Dunlop Elite-3 250/D251 150, LED brake lights, micro brite rear turn signals, Arlen Ness billet chrome grips, smoothie rear fender, ATRE, Wolo horn, Scorp motor mounts, Gel seat, Chrome M109R derby cover, A&R 6K HID.
    I fly low, those who fly low, fly long! BIG MIKE

Quote Originally Posted by LoBlo View Post
    So a word of warning. I just bought a Corbin Seat, backrest, and Smuggler trunk for my 9. The seat is good, but the backrest doesn't mate to the seat well. Its like they were made by two different people that didn't bother to see if it even fit before shipping it off. I'm going to have to drill into the seat to get the screws for the backrest to align.

The smuggler trunk is such a bad fit that its warped and nothing even come close to aligning with the bolting points. I have to decide whether to demand a refund of just bend the bars and make my own drill holes to fix what was not made well.

Word of warning to anyone thinking of buying these.
    WOW! I've been looking at the trunk but too expensive for me right now. For that price return it, don't even accept a discount you want what you want. Thanks for the info.