M109 Rider Forums banner

Why did you pick you're current screen name

36K views 292 replies 222 participants last post by  dre319 
#1 ·
Many of us picked our screen name because the one we really wanted was taken already, but then again maybe not ?

Why did you pick your current screen name ?

For me it was a nickname while I worked at the Chicago Post Office and yours ?

WCD

#210 ·
I'm a big guy (6'6" and +350lbs). After playing basketball one day in college, I walked in the dorm room sweaty, and stinking to high heaven. My suite-mates (high school buddies of mine) and my roommate all said that I was one "big, nasty, stinky dude" after I came in. From there on they called me "big nasty".

The weather part of my screen name comes from my being a professional meteorologist.

So.....BigNastyWeather has been my screen name for many websites since college (2001-2005).

#212 ·
Led Zeppelin is my favorite band. Coda is the name of one of their albums and it is short. Secretly, I also think it sounds cool, like I was 30 years younger.

#216 · (Edited)
For my original screen name...my first name begins with the letter "B", and I love to cruise on my bikes. So, I put them together to make the name BCRUZN, but I had to spell it just like it sounds to make it fit on the license plate. I changed my screen name to JUDAH-9, because I love one of the names Jesus is referred by...”LION OF JUDAH.” So, because He’s my Lord and Savior, I decided to combine the name JUDAH with the 9 from M109R.

#218 ·
My Dad bought a new GMC truck in '67. I got it when I got out of high school in '80. Later turned it into a prostreet drag truck. Sold it a few years ago. Wish I still had it. I did keep the engine from it before I sold it. Just put that engine into my sons '67 convertible Camaro SS.

#222 ·
I am so old I remember the beginning of the Internet. I was in my 20s when the Internet was born. We had a thing called "Internet Relay Chat" (IRC). You could send messages back and forth in groups or privately. Everybody used a screen name. I had a Tazmanian Devil in a leather jacket on a motorcycle on top of my desk.

Taz gave me the idea for the screen name Tazdvl, and I've been using it ever since, about 20 years now, I guess.

#227 ·
I am so old I remember the beginning of the Internet. I was in my 20s when the Internet was born. We had a thing called "Internet Relay Chat" (IRC).
And the browser of choice was NCSA Mosaic. I forget what the name of the dialer was.

#223 ·
It's been a friend of mine that I used to meet for some motorcycles events in the past, that gave me the name Dommy.
I liked it and have used it so far.

#224 · (Edited)
Crazy but true

I was in the Army for 20 years and for 8 of those years I served with the Special Forces as a Weapons Spc. That's back when I used to drink ALOT and get into bar fights EVERY weekend. The guys nick named me TBAR for That Boy Ain't Right because of my erratic behavior patterns. I eve have TBAR tattoed on my right forearm to remind my of my spattered past.

#225 ·
I was in the Army for 20 years and for 8 of those years I served with the Special Forces as a Weapons Spc. That's back when I used to drink ALOT and get into bar fights EVERY weekend. The guys nick named me TBAR for That Boy Ain't Right because of my erratic behavior patterns. I eve have TBAR tattoed on my right forearm to remind my of my spattered past.
addictive compulsive behavior................ I resemble that remark LOL
I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired LOL

#226 ·
Slingshot383: slingshot, another name for a front engine dragster, the pure drag race car experience. 383 the Mopar big block that thinks it's a small block.

#228 ·
I was a Big ...Biggie Smalls fan...the rapper not the drug dealer...being of Latin descent my friends would call me Biggielatino...So I've used it as my screen name and email address for years....people always get a laugh out of it...the fatter I get the better it fits unlike my clothes...

#240 ·
I'd love to see some pictures of the Chevelle!

#242 · (Edited)
Nice! I love late 60's & early 70's muscle cars, particularly GM and Mopar...

#243 ·
Thanks. I am partial to them also. I bought the engine and built it a year before I found the right car to put it in. When I saw this wagon I had to have it. At the time I had two boys in car seats so this was the perfect muscle car for me. I just fixed it up the way I would a two door.

#244 ·
Nice work my friend. It is probably worth more that a 2-door, as I'm sure there were far fewer wagons, and fewer still surviving! Original paint too... awesome!

#248 ·
It is what it is...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.