Our bikes aren't worth anything. - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Our bikes aren't worth anything.

Very Active Member biker-chicky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingCircus View Post
    and when it came down to it, he couldn't keep up when we hammered them
    Awe our bikes are worth every penny! That's why I'm upgrading my clutch!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Planing a British Columbia Meet, PM if you are interested? June 21-25, 2018 some place in southern part of the Kootneys.
    Planing a British Columbia Meet, PM if you are interested? June 21-25, 2018 some place in southern part of the Kootneys.

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Whether or not it's worth anything is irrelevant if you never intend to sell it. I've had mine 11 years now, and still love riding it every chance I get. Headed for 30,000 miles in the next few rides. All the mods as listed in my signature at the bottom. May even do the hydraulic clutch mod soon, MAYBE. Also I only paid $10,499 for mine new. So I'm really not caring what it's worth. I've not seen any other bike I would want to replace my Nine.
    SILVER 2006 M109R. Brembo front brake calipers, Corbin Smuggler, Low & Mean chrome chin scoop, Cycle House chrome kickstand, Mean Cycles T-Rex speedo trim, Cobra Tri-Pro exhaust, LA Choppers xXx Big Air intakes, D2Moto tail light, Kuryakin clear signals, Yana Shiki One Inch Drop Risers, BreakAway Cruise Control, Suzuki Full Cut Gel Seat, JDA Chrome Fork Caps.

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by cbxer55 View Post
    Whether or not it's worth anything is irrelevant if you never intend to sell it. I've had mine 11 years now, and still love riding it every chance I get. Headed for 30,000 miles in the next few rides. All the mods as listed in my signature at the bottom. May even do the hydraulic clutch mod soon, MAYBE. Also I only paid $10,499 for mine new. So I'm really not caring what it's worth. I've not seen any other bike I would want to replace my Nine.

Same boat here. Bought my 2012 at XMas, have over 70,000km on it and there is not a bike out there i want.
    So I will be painting her (got some rock chips at the front of the tank) and will do some other upkeep , fork springs and oil and wheel bearings at 100,000.
    Have my 3rd wheel trailer and cruise control on it. Guy near me had over 200,000km on a C109, so these engines are good to go.

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Completely agree with the notion that re-sale value is only relevant if you want to sell your 9 (or trade it in). A couple of years ago, I traded an old RV for a HD. It was a decent looking ride and comfortable; the low end torque was good, but other than that.... The mid to high end torque sucked! Given that my other ride was a CBR1000, I simply couldn't abdicate the performance. I found an 06 9 at the HD stealer and was sold immediately! Traded the HD for the 9, which worked out well. The power and handling blew the HD away! I am now on a 2013 9; I literally get comments every time I take her out! I was grateful for the low resale value because I got a heck of a steal on the 2013!

Very Active Member

I think our bikes do fairly well based on re-sale.

My buddy bought a 2010 M109 LE (black/orange stripe ) with only 9,000km for $7800 CDN.
    This bike was show room clean, not a mark on it...was jealous as my 2012 has 70,000km on it and you can tell its been driven.

In 2010, that bike (with our dollar better against USD at the time) was about $13000 new
    With a fairly loose guideline for cars of 20% first year and 10% every year there after of depreciation, this bike would be $5500.
    Given the bike was in unreal condition I think the seller could have got $8500, but 7800 was appropriate.

I was quoted $5500 trade in value last year for my 2012 M109 knowing it had 65,000 km. Decent I think.

Very Active Member biker-chicky's Avatar

Today I was just at the bike shop/dealership; there are no other bikes I'd rather ride! That makes my 9 worth it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No other M/S our there that can replace my 9!

I don't know, I got a pretty good price for my 9 when I sold it, but then again, the guy I sold it to said he'd been wanting it for a long time...my Rocket III is another story...it's been for sale for 3 weeks now and all I've gotten is 2 low ball offers...these are niche bikes and that hurts the resale value when it comes time to sell...

The Rocket III's problem is it's a butt ugly bike, with a motor that looks like it came out of a farm tractor. Can't say that for the Nine.
    SILVER 2006 M109R. Brembo front brake calipers, Corbin Smuggler, Low & Mean chrome chin scoop, Cycle House chrome kickstand, Mean Cycles T-Rex speedo trim, Cobra Tri-Pro exhaust, LA Choppers xXx Big Air intakes, D2Moto tail light, Kuryakin clear signals, Yana Shiki One Inch Drop Risers, BreakAway Cruise Control, Suzuki Full Cut Gel Seat, JDA Chrome Fork Caps.

Quote Originally Posted by cbxer55 View Post
    The Rocket III's problem is it's a butt ugly bike, with a motor that looks like it came out of a farm tractor. Can't say that for the Nine.
    It's not as pretty as the 9, but it more than makes up for it in the performance department...

I do not care what the 9 is worth. I bought my 9 new in 2007 and have 53,000 smiles on it and have not seen any bike that I would be happier with. I had a great 150 mile ride today and it still runs like new.