BLACK 2" handlebar risers

Thread: BLACK 2" handlebar risers

Default BLACK 2" handlebar risers

Hi all,

When I purchased my 2014 BOSS, it came with a set of handlebar risers. I had assumed that they were 2" risers (they look exactly like these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/For-2006-200...38.m2548.l4275). However, my mechanic measured them and they appear to actually be *3"* risers which he highly recommends against.

That said, the bike is at his shop along with the black braided steel cables I purchased specifically for 2" risers, and I'm not getting it back until I can get him some proper risers to install. So, first -- does anyone know if risers in that link come in a +3" size? Also, does anyone have any good suggestions where I can find (preferably) the Revo +2" extension blocks in BLACK or, if not, where I can find the +2" Yana Shiki replacement risers *in stock?* I checked the Revo site and the MeanCycles site, and I can't tell from either of them if these things are actually in-stock here in the US.

I'm without the bike until this is taken care of, so time is very clearly of the essence!

Many thanks in advance.

--Jim.

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by feckman View Post
    Hi all,

When I purchased my 2014 BOSS, it came with a set of handlebar risers. I had assumed that they were 2" risers (they look exactly like these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/For-2006-200...38.m2548.l4275). However, my mechanic measured them and they appear to actually be *3"* risers which he highly recommends against.

That said, the bike is at his shop along with the black braided steel cables I purchased specifically for 2" risers, and I'm not getting it back until I can get him some proper risers to install. So, first -- does anyone know if risers in that link come in a +3" size? Also, does anyone have any good suggestions where I can find (preferably) the Revo +2" extension blocks in BLACK or, if not, where I can find the +2" Yana Shiki replacement risers *in stock?* I checked the Revo site and the MeanCycles site, and I can't tell from either of them if these things are actually in-stock here in the US.

I'm without the bike until this is taken care of, so time is very clearly of the essence!

Many thanks in advance.

--Jim.
    Well, they look like 2" to me .
    A set of 3" are very difficult and expensive to even find . I very much doubt you can find a set of 3" risers for $59.00 .
    I wonder what kind of a mechanic is that which is " highly recommending" against installing 3" risers , lol...
    Most of us install the 2" risers because they are easy to find , but in reality (including me) I would love to have the 3" installed because they bring a better rider position .
    I my mechanic tells me something like that , I would take my machine and get out of there pretty fast .
    In any case, here is where I got mine :
    http://www.revo-cycles.com/shop/revo...on-2%E2%80%B3/
    Last edited by josey88; 6 Days Ago at 09:15 AM.

Lmao i would start by finding another "mechanic" unless he has a very good reason as to why he objects to a 3" riser in the first place? Honestly what reason could he possibly have that makes his feelings warranted i would actually love to hear the answer? If he comes back at you with some lame excuse for them being too tall or something of that nature i would gather my ride and be gone before he could finish that sentence. There have been many people who have installed "Ape Hanger" type bars with no problems and there have even been a few members who have installed the 1" extenders to their 2" risers again without any problems and if im correct in my recollection some have even done so by using 2" longer then stock cables.
    Last edited by Latinrascal; 6 Days Ago at 01:03 PM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Hi all,

Many thanks in advance.

--Jim.
    I'm pretty sure those are actually the Yana Shiki 2+ risers already as I've been searching for 3+ risers in that style and can't find them. I don't know your mechanic, but I'ld question what your being told. Its a hard call. By the way, thats your bike and no one is going to hold it from you unless you let them. If I were you I'ld get some of your boys and just take the bike back if he tries to make a problem out of it.

Thanks for the feedback! Sorry if I implied that he's "holding" the bike until I get different risers -- that's not the case at all. The guy is actually an excellent wrench and is just looking out for what he thinks I'm looking for -- a more comfortable riding position while while still able to get aggressive. He's a former racer and a fellow M109R owner, so he's very knowledgeable (and passionate) about what the bike can do and how different mods affect its performance. As a 109 purist, I think my Corbin fairing makes him nuts.

Anyway, it seems after looking high and low that the Revo 2" black riser blocks are not stocked in the US at all and have to make the slow boat from Taiwan. There's no way I'm waiting more than a month for them to come in, so I'm going to have him install the risers and cables that I've got and see how they fit.

Thanks again.

Very Active Member

Mine took about 2 weeks to arrive from Taiwan .
    Last edited by josey88; 3 Days Ago at 09:01 AM.

Thanks for the feedback! Sorry if I implied that he's "holding" the bike until I get different risers -- that's not the case at all. The guy is actually an excellent wrench and is just looking out for what he thinks I'm looking for -- a more comfortable riding position while while still able to get aggressive. He's a former racer and a fellow M109R owner, so he's very knowledgeable (and passionate) about what the bike can do and how different mods affect its performance. As a 109 purist, I think my Corbin fairing makes him nuts.

Anyway, it seems after looking high and low that the Revo 2" black riser blocks are not stocked in the US at all and have to make the slow boat from Taiwan. There's no way I'm waiting more than a month for them to come in, so I'm going to have him install the risers and cables that I've got and see how they fit.

Thanks again.
    I've got some stuff ordered from Revo that are 2 months in and no word of delivery yet Lots of unanswered emails.