thunder tornado vs. Q5 intakes

Thread: thunder tornado vs. Q5 intakes

Default thunder tornado vs. Q5 intakes

hello contemplating taking off my tornadoes and switching to the cycle house Q5. looking for pros and cons of the two. thank you
    mods: Swampworks 310kit,Swampworks adjustable links,coastal moto mavericks,down under kit, polished rotors,chrome rear caliper,swing arm cover, drive shaft cover,cycle house extended mirror arms, basani pro street turn outs,pc III,gi pro atre,factory pro shift kit, ostrich covered seats,greggs side cover , plate bracket

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Pro... I would be interested in your tornadoes.
    Con... If you didn't, I couldn't get your tornadoes.

Quote Originally Posted by the.okie View Post
    Pro... I would be interested in your tornadoes.
    Con... If you didn't, I couldn't get your tornadoes.
    LOL! Will keep that in mind
    mods: Swampworks 310kit,Swampworks adjustable links,coastal moto mavericks,down under kit, polished rotors,chrome rear caliper,swing arm cover, drive shaft cover,cycle house extended mirror arms, basani pro street turn outs,pc III,gi pro atre,factory pro shift kit, ostrich covered seats,greggs side cover , plate bracket

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by wcm109 View Post
    hello contemplating taking off my tornadoes and switching to the cycle house Q5. looking for pros and cons of the two. thank you
    There are no advantages to switching to the Q5 intakes. They're not going to improve performance. Both allow a very good amount airflow increase to the bike. It's really a personal matter of the look you prefer to have on your bike...either the Tornadoes or the Q5s. I've had both, and I prefer the Tornadoes, because they are much lighter in weight, and when installed, they are perfectly positioned on each side of the bike. Also, when it's time to clean your Filters, the Tornadoes are much easier, because all you have to do is slide the filter off of the front of the Intake tube. With Q5s, you have to remove the entire intake to get to the Filters. As well, with the Q5s, the left side (Kickstand side) Intake sits lower and a bit further back than the right side. That bothered me, so I sent my Q5s back, and ordered another set of Tornadoes. Nevertheless, the Q5s and Tornadoes both look very good on the 9.

Quote Originally Posted by JUDAH-9 View Post
    There are no advantages to switching to the Q5 intakes. They're not going to improve performance. Both allow a very good amount airflow increase to the bike. It's really a personal matter of the look you prefer to have on your bike...either the Tornadoes or the Q5s. I've had both, and I prefer the Tornadoes, because they are much lighter in weight, and when installed, they are perfectly positioned on each side of the bike. Also, when it's time to clean your Filters, the Tornadoes are much easier, because all you have to do is slide the filter off of the front of the Intake tube. With Q5s, you have to remove the entire intake to get to the Filters. As well, with the Q5s, the left side (Kickstand side) Intake sits lower and a bit further back than the right side. That bothered me, so I sent my Q5s back, and ordered another set of Tornadoes. Nevertheless, the Q5s and Tornadoes both look very good on the 9.
    thank you Judah thats the kind of info i was looking for. i do like my tornadoes was curious as to performance gain. the other point is im thinking of going with engine guards eventually and i hear the tornadoes hit the guards.

Very Active Member

thank you Judah thats the kind of info i was looking for. i do like my tornadoes was curious as to performance gain. the other point is im thinking of going with engine guards eventually and i hear the tornadoes hit the guards.
    You're welcome Bro. The Tornadoes DO NOT hit the engine guards at all. I had the engine guards, along with the Tornadoes installed on one of my 9s, and they ABSOLUTELY DID NOT touch the engine guards. I just decided to remove the engine guards, because I liked the look of the bike without the engine guards.

Here is a set of Q5's that are for sale. http://www.m109riders.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=330985

BOTM: SEPT 2016
    'Veni, Vidi, Velcro' - I came, I saw, I stuck around.

My tornadoes are close to engine guards, but they do not touch.
    Chrome frame,Chrome belly pan,Chrome DLP swingarm, 10" wheel w/300 Avon,Chrome one piece fork tubes,Chrome front and rear brake calipers,Chrome Galfer wave brake rotors,Chrome Sumo-x 9 deg trees, 26" front wheel,remote air ride, Corbin heated seats, HID projection headlamp conversion, Six channel Led system.

My tornados dont hit the engine gaurds also. But I did notice based on the install instructions for the gards you need to move the spacer on the left gaurd to the outside of the engine gaurd so when you tighten the lower bolt with the spacer on the outside of the engine gaurd, it draws it in enought to get the left filter in.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk