What happened to the "will this effect you" discussion? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What happened to the "will this effect you" discussion?

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by Big-B View Post
    easy there fella!
    Block your posts, now who would do that?
    Obviously not you, B, lol

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by draggin61 View Post
    Obviously not you, B, lol
    Haha of course not bro!

IT'S NOT ABOUT HOW FAST YOU GET THERE, IT'S ABOUT THE RIDE ITSELF. TAKE YOUR TIME AND ENJOY IT!!

The beauty of this site is that there IS such a huge cross section of the population, all with differing ideas, all brought here by the same thing. I find the political posts to be interesting right up to the point where the trolls hijack the threads. I would rather see the mods fire a warning shot or two at specific individuals than to have them close or delete entire threads. It's one thing to interject an opinion, but there are a few here whose posts add nothing to the discussions and only aim to provoke others.
    De-badged '08 C109R featuring: GMan Industries Bully, Stealth Intakes, TRE, GBushing, GBat, and Riser Extender; Kuryakyn ISO Grips w/ThrottleBoss and Longhorn Offset Dually Highway Pegs; Cobra Light Bar and Fatty Freeway Bars; Suzuki Passenger Floorboards and Backrest; Ultimate Seats; and Auburn Leather Company Ultimate Legend Saddlebags mounted on Edge Saddlebag Brackets

Political only means a difference of opinion. It doesn't have to be only governmental. It can be about second gear on a motorcycle. Two differences of opinion. Both stated, then gain supporters on both sides. Other opinions pop up etc... It became political.

Truthfully, I usually find that those that get angry about "political" discussions or religious ones get angry because they begin to question that their set of beliefs might be wrong and more than likely aren't familiar with how to back them. It's a human response to our desire to be perceived as correct. So really they are just expressing something they've been told or have assumed.

There is right and wrong and there is those who were right and were wrong. It's all cause and effect. That thread was about someone who instilled the action while blaming another and sensationalizing the effects. It's almost impossible to have that discussion without naming names and responsibility.

But I digress... I could go through every thread on this forum and quote a political theme to every part of it. Politics is life and there is nothing to be mad about in a discussion. What there is to get mad about is the result if it truly hurts people.

The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant. It's just that they know so much that isn't so. -- Ronald Reagan
    With Individual Freedom and Individual Salvation comes Individual Accountability. It brings a rewarding life to all. <--The Huff

Politics (from Greek politikos "of, for, or relating to citizens") is the art or science of influencing people on a civic, or individual level, when there are more than 2 people involved.
    http://www.m109riders.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic34538_2.gifFor those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.

Very Active Member rockfordrider's Avatar

I ran out of popcorn, and there are those who will continue to blame what the subject was about on one person, when in reality it was caused by hundreds of elected people. That is probable why it got deletted.
    Bully Bagger

Quote Originally Posted by rockfordrider View Post
    I ran out of popcorn, and there are those who will continue to blame what the subject was about on one person, when in reality it was caused by hundreds of elected people. That is probable why it got deletted.
    HERE HERE , LOL

http://www.m109riders.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic34538_2.gifFor those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemo View Post
    HERE HERE , LOL

saw this on a billboard if con is the oppisite of pro what is the oppisite of progess?
    Bully Bagger

saw this on a billboard if con is the oppisite of pro what is the oppisite of progess?
    flushed down the toilet comes to mind,,,,,,,,,,,

flushed down the toilet comes to mind,,,,,,,,,,,
    close , but look at the words carefully and it will become obvious.
    Bully Bagger

close , but look at the words carefully and it will become obvious.
    CONGRESS!
    Sent from my Super Duper Cool Anus using Tapatoot!

2006 M109R. Corbin Smuggler, Low & Mean chrome chin scoop and Reeper front fender, Cobra Tri-Pro exhaust, Big Air intakes, D2Moto tail light, Kuryakin clear signals.

Quote Originally Posted by cbxer55 View Post
    CONGRESS!
    CBXER is the winner, we should have given Nemo more time though.
    Bully Bagger

CBXER is the winner, we should have given Nemo more time though.
    Meehhh! He's probably off trolling some other thread at the moment.

2006 M109R. Corbin Smuggler, Low & Mean chrome chin scoop and Reeper front fender, Cobra Tri-Pro exhaust, Big Air intakes, D2Moto tail light, Kuryakin clear signals.

No one is blaming one person, but when it comes to lies and who's responsible for something then it can come down to a specific person.

The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant. It's just that they know so much that isn't so. -- Ronald Reagan
    With Individual Freedom and Individual Salvation comes Individual Accountability. It brings a rewarding life to all. <--The Huff

Check your politic at the door is my policy. Plenty of forms out there for political gripes. Lets ride! Well when the snow melts.

Quote Originally Posted by DEF M109 View Post
    Check your politic at the door is my policy. Plenty of forms out there for political gripes. Lets ride! Well when the snow melts.
    What's the best new ice fishing lure?

Very Active Member WindyCityDave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The HUFF View Post
    What's the best new ice fishing lure?
    Poly Ticks

WCD

Depends on the fish

Quote Originally Posted by DEF M109 View Post
    Depends on the fish
    More riveting discussions to come soon as we ignore what truly will effect our motorcycle purchases and riding.

More riveting discussions to come soon as we ignore what truly will effect our motorcycle purchases and riding.
    Bingo!
    Unfortunately as mosty of us sleep walk thru our daily lives while gas is gobbling up our food budget not to mention other budgets. I may have to liquidate my 9 to fill my scooter tank.

Regular gas in Mass...$3.75

Quote Originally Posted by hunt1moore View Post
    Bingo!
    Unfortunately as mosty of us sleep walk thru our daily lives while gas is gobbling up our food budget not to mention other budgets. I may have to liquidate my 9 to fill my scooter tank.
    Very few are aware or want to be aware..They have their lil cushy jobs, their tv/remote control, a facebook account. What more could they want LOL..........Sad really sad,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Very few are aware or want to be aware..They have their lil cushy jobs, their tv/remote control, a facebook account. What more could they want LOL..........Sad really sad,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    And myself, I have no Boob Tube, despise farcebook, and my job is not so cushy these days. I spend more time on Zero Hedge, Karl Denninger's Market Ticker or Mish's Global Economic Trend Analysis, than I do anywhere else. Try to stay informed, because when the SHTF, gotta know the perfect time to either A: get out of dodge, or B. swallow a bullet. That's my outlook anyhow. If things are gonna get ugly, I am not planning on sticking around to see and experience the fun.

And myself, I have no Boob Tube, despise farcebook, and my job is not so cushy these days. I spend more time on Zero Hedge, Karl Denninger's Market Ticker or Mish's Global Economic Trend Analysis, than I do anywhere else. Try to stay informed, because when the SHTF, gotta know the perfect time to either A: get out of dodge, or B. swallow a bullet. That's my outlook anyhow. If things are gonna get ugly, I am not planning on sticking around to see and experience the fun.
    Go with C. Have fun kicking a$$ and taking names.

Go with C. Have fun kicking a$$ and taking names.
    I am sure there are a lot of folks who are operate under the illusion that a monetary collapse will be fun. See that s--t all the time at Zero Hedge, "Bring it on" and other such rot. We'll see how fun it is when there is nothing in your local store for you to eat, no electricity, no natural gas, no phones, nothing. Every man for himself and all that rot. I personally believe it can happen, and will in our lifetimes. I do not want to experience the "fun" firsthand. I am not depressed, nor do I need mental help. Totally sane and know what i am saying. At some time in the future things are going to get ugly, bank on it. When my stomach is growling, and there is not a clean drink of water to be had anywhere, it's time to move on. I am just glad I do not have any kids to worry about.

I am sure there are a lot of folks who are operate under the illusion that a monetary collapse will be fun. See that s--t all the time at Zero Hedge, "Bring it on" and other such rot. We'll see how fun it is when there is nothing in your local store for you to eat, no electricity, no natural gas, no phones, nothing. Every man for himself and all that rot. I personally believe it can happen, and will in our lifetimes. I do not want to experience the "fun" firsthand. I am not depressed, nor do I need mental help. Totally sane and know what i am saying. At some time in the future things are going to get ugly, bank on it. When my stomach is growling, and there is not a clean drink of water to be had anywhere, it's time to move on. I am just glad I do not have any kids to worry about.
    Well, that wouldn't be me. I was merely trying to lighten the mood a little. I'm well aware of what's coming down the pike and I'm also well aware of what the scenarios are. I know what I'm prepared for and I've asked myself the appropriate questions of what extent I'm willing to go to ensure my child's faith, survival, and freedom. That's as far as I'm willing to go in an online discussion on that topic.

I'm sure though that all the people who want to ignore it on here will be out riding their MC's during that time, if we aren't saved by the impossible. lol
    Last edited by The HUFF; 02-25-2013 at 01:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DEADLYCHEEZE View Post
    Probably got too political and got HyperPoliced!
    I have not said anything about anything since the chit hit the fan. I don't appreciate the accusation.

Thats all one needs to know WHAT REALLY GOES ON.............. I'm with ya bro.....................

Very Active Member geofftl1000r's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom9 View Post
    I couldn't agree more. There's only so much we can talk about second gear issues, tire sizes and etc. The OTE is a healthy space and keep things going. People go out of their way to share OTHER interesting things they find online with their fellow riders in here. That's awesome! It shows how much we care about this group of people. It makes the M109R brotherhood stronger imo.

The sad part is when we loose civility in certain topics. I see people getting bent out of shape every time they read something they don't agree with. THAT's the problem. Then, out of nowhere, you see members going after each other with insults, name calling, offenses and etc. The moderators of this space are FORCED to take action. Deleting the thread and/or simply prohibiting certain topics became (unfortunately) the most effective way of avoiding problems between a few members. I understand where they are coming from with this and I respect it. It is our own fault.

On another note... I respect it but I don't agree at the same time. To me, myself and I, they should take it to the individual members who don't know how to have an adult conversation without becoming disrespectful toward others or are just trolls. Warn them at first and if the language doesn't change then BAN them from the site. Quality is always better than quantity anyway. Too many nice threads with important and relevant subjects and information were deleted/trolled/ruined because of the actions of the bad apples. I say get rid of the bad apples instead. Just my opinion.

Nice post, and if this was a political forum I might agree with the ban idea. However, if all the guys that know the bikes really well, share technical knowledge and are generally great guys to have on a bike forum get banned...... what's the point of coming to a bike forum? Are we expecting them to also have control over every aspect of their dialogue in every field that is discussed on an open forum?
    I would hate to lose some of the people that are on here just because they have a pet hate and someone else (while being very polite) keeps pushing their buttons so to speak.

I think the site owners are correct in letting people talk about most things, though the gun thing gets a bit boring, but nipping any signs of a heated debate in the bud. This is a bike forum so people should be judged on the quality of the bike content not everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by HyperPete View Post
    I have not said anything about anything since the chit hit the fan. I don't appreciate the accusation.
    Easy there tiger. He had the Joke icon beside it. I saw that and laughed, not at you, but rather because it was clever. You definitely aren't the main problem on here, IMO. You're just the one with big enough balls to tell your truth. Wouldn't let his comment bother you too much my friend. I'm pretty sure everyone knew it was tongue and cheek.