There was a thread about these intakes - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: There was a thread about these intakes

Quote Originally Posted by forgetaboudit View Post
    Just got my spikes on... My one tip would be to do this in the warmer months, because the rubber boots are a pain in the a$$ to take off and put on when they are cold and stiff. They look great!!!Attachment 80100
    I hope the finish doesn't turn into the ones above
    Tag the World

IT'S NOT ABOUT HOW FAST YOU GET THERE, IT'S ABOUT THE RIDE ITSELF. TAKE YOUR TIME AND ENJOY IT!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member forgetaboudit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Big-B View Post
    I hope the finish doesn't turn into the ones above
    There are too many posts to read through... what problems are people having?

There are too many posts to read through... what problems are people having?
    Post 118 and 119 of this thread on the previous page. Looks like the finish isn't holding up.
    Tag the World

IT'S NOT ABOUT HOW FAST YOU GET THERE, IT'S ABOUT THE RIDE ITSELF. TAKE YOUR TIME AND ENJOY IT!!

Very Active Member forgetaboudit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Big-B View Post
    Post 118 and 119 of this thread on the previous page. Looks like the finish isn't holding up.
    CRAP! Mine better not look like that soon.....

CRAP! Mine better not look like that soon.....
    Wax, lotsa wax!
    Tag the World

Just got my spikes on... My one tip would be to do this in the warmer months, because the rubber boots are a pain in the a$$ to take off and put on when they are cold and stiff. They look great!!!Attachment 80100
    Put a bit of hair around it ! Lol

Question Question

Will the air filters kitClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled1.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	81.4 KB 
ID:	80998 fit with the engine guards and the footrest. Ho far and how long do they come out. This is my next project.

Quote Originally Posted by coolmusic View Post
    Will the air filters kitClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled1.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	81.4 KB 
ID:	80998 fit with the engine guards and the footrest. Ho far and how long do they come out. This is my next project.
    I have those filters and the right one sit forward and looks to close for engine guard, that's why I never put engine guards, it didn't look right.
    Mods:New Motor Upgrade/Genesis Rims Mez 280/160 Tires/ Swampworks 2 Piece Swing Arm/Cobra Swepts/Chrome Spike Filters/Yani Shiki 2" Riser/All Braided Cables/Chromed Entire Handle Bars/Kuryakyn Iso Grips-Iso Boss/Knight Rider LED/Raw Design LED Front/Rear Signals/Corbin Seat/Arnott Air Ride/Low And Mean Busa Kit-Front Fender/Gothic Side License Plate/HID Head Light/Heal Tech TRE/Chrome Calipers/Cycle House Down Under Kit.

I've seen these spikes on the right hand side pointing to the rear cause of the crash bars . Looks plain stupid ...... !

Default Cones

Quote Originally Posted by fire fighter 109 View Post

There was a troll was trying to sell his version of these for $600.

I think they are sweet, and at that price, I may jump on them.
    I bought and have these on my 9. I love the way they look, and man, does the air really flow through the bike. The only 2 complaints I had about them. 1. The bolt that mounts the intake tubes to the outside cylinders came with standered threaded bolts. I had to go to my local auto store to purchase those seperatly. And 2. After mounting them, stand in front of your bike and look at the placement of the intake cones. One is lower than the other simply because the air intake tubes on the breather box are of different length. I guessed that this is the only way they will mount. As far as the price.....good god man, 600.00 bucks? I paid 128.00 for mine. Here is the link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Suzuki-Boule...item4d09d56359

Cobra Dragsters Long DeBaffled Chromed front and rear rims Chrome covered lower fork/front calibers Chrome covered rear caliper Chrome coverd Drive shaft Chrome covered swing arm Kuryakyn Flame Grips and Foot Boards Arlen Ness Mirrors Carbon Fiber Fuel Tank Bra LED Tail Light ATRE Gear Emulator Dual Spiked Air Cleaner Intake Filters Billet Backrest m109 Fender Eliminator Bracket Plate Mount Fi2000R Processor Speedometer and Tach cover plates

Quote Originally Posted by scottr63 View Post
    I bought and have these on my 9. I love the way they look, and man, does the air really flow through the bike. The only 2 complaints I had about them. 1. The bolt that mounts the intake tubes to the outside cylinders came with standered threaded bolts. I had to go to my local auto store to purchase those seperatly. And 2. After mounting them, stand in front of your bike and look at the placement of the intake cones. One is lower than the other simply because the air intake tubes on the breather box are of different length. I guessed that this is the only way they will mount. As far as the price.....good god man, 600.00 bucks? I paid 128.00 for mine. Here is the link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Suzuki-Boule...item4d09d56359
    You can get them even just takes a bit of ****ing around
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361657459.956724.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	62.1 KB 
ID:	81025

Default Intakes

Quote Originally Posted by sidVZR View Post

Normaly when I start ****ing around with somthing like this, I'm almost always on the ****ed end of the outcome!!!!

Cobra Dragsters Long DeBaffled Chromed front and rear rims Chrome covered lower fork/front calibers Chrome covered rear caliper Chrome coverd Drive shaft Chrome covered swing arm Kuryakyn Flame Grips and Foot Boards Arlen Ness Mirrors Carbon Fiber Fuel Tank Bra LED Tail Light ATRE Gear Emulator Dual Spiked Air Cleaner Intake Filters Billet Backrest m109 Fender Eliminator Bracket Plate Mount Fi2000R Processor Speedometer and Tach cover plates

Default Intakes

How did you do it?

Quote Originally Posted by scottr63 View Post
    How did you do it?
    Do you have the small bit of rod inbetween the main rod and motor still on there ? If so take it out then it should pull the spike in closer . If not i have no idea .

Look at them now scotty !

Attachment 79899
    2 years back I ordered a set of those from the same seller on ebay and they were pitted in the beginning stages of what yours look like only mine were right out of the box. I sent them back. Was a 4 week ordeal to get the whole thing sorted out.

That solidified my decision to just make a set from scratch.