M109 Rider Forums banner

Back Off Brake Light Flasher Install

6K views 10 replies 11 participants last post by  DAJ90 
#1 ·
Hi all! I just finished installing a Back Off XP brake light flasher module and thought I'd post a couple pictures of a quick and easy install location.
As usual, I made more work out of the install than it should have been! I was originally going to mount the module tucked up on top of the rear wheel well somewhere, so I took off the Corbin hard bag on one side and took apart a bunch of stuff that I didn't need to, so if you mount yours where the pictures show, all you really have to take off is the seat. I did have to trim the battery cover so that it would not interfear with the Back Off module, but that is very easy to do.
Unplug the brake light/tail light/turn signal plug, located on the left side rear of the battery case behind the cross brace, and use a test light to determin which wire is the brake light. Then just snip that wire and tie the module in as directed. Very simple. I suggest soldering the connections together if you can. Mount the module with the supplied two-sided tape, and your done!

See less See more
#2 ·
Well done EZ mate, good spot, I'm yet to put mine on, may have a look at that location...... :a18:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.